Acustica Audio – Magenta Mastering Eq (Presale)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PRESALE POLICY: Save over 15% if you order the product now. Estimated release date: 01-October-2014.

Product page link

Acustica Audio has been working in the software modelling of high-quality analog hardware devices for over seven years. Its audio rendering engine, Acqua, embodies the state of the art of sample-based products and has set a new quality standard in the audio plug-in market. 
Magenta is the best mastering equalizer that we have ever designed. It is inspired by a famous equalizer used on a daily basis in countless audio applications. We were so smitten with this hardware that we tried to turn it into a software that would do it justice, trying to improve it as much as we could. The beauty of the sound processed in the analog domain combined with the new digital precision resulted in an amazing  product that tops anything we have done so far.
We used what we consider to be the best cables and converters on the market, we measured a mastering unit in excellent conditions, and employed skilled experts in our sampling process.
The result is a two-channel, four-band parametric equalizer with a stepped frequency selector, complete with a preamp section and whose sound is complete and flawless.

Further information:
  • We are not known for our CPU efficiency or low latency
  • We are known for our incredible sound.We use a brute-force method and our motto is to model even what cannot be perceived.
Just keep in mind that what today is called indistinguishable by other producers is later proven wrong, when an ever more demanding market calls certainties into question in search of new standards and walls to be demolished. Our philosophy is to ask a few questions and model even what seems to be useless today, in order to be better competitors in the long run.

Further technical details:
  • This device uses design strengths from choice console, parametric, graphic, and Pultec Eqs, delivering a fundamentally different sounding Eq that is beyond compare.
  • Two bands are switchable from shelf to bell, and from boost to cut; the other two bands are only switchable from boost to cut.
  • It features filter curves, distortion and hysteretic behaviour.
  • The specially tuned fixed frequencies overlap and interleave between all adjoining Eq bands.
  • The tone shaping elements of the original equalizer it was inspired by use only resistors, inductors, and capacitors to create all frequency changes.
----------------------------------------------------
Best regards,
Acustica Audio team
www.acustica-audio.com
VAT ID: IT-01254510116
Via Tortini 9, 26900, Lodi, LO, Italy.

perhaps in 2014 you should really start to consider making a 64 bit AU version :roll:

I mean, it's getting ridiculous.

TheoM wrote:perhaps in 2014 you should really start to consider making a 64 bit AU version :roll:

I mean, it's getting ridiculous.
Sure, we are in beta testing:
http://www.acustica-audio.com/phpBB3/vi ... 693#p73037

We hope to release AU 64 bit versions starting from October 2014.

Thanks
Best regards,
Acustica Audio team
www.acustica-audio.com
VAT ID: IT-01254510116
Via Tortini 9, 26900, Lodi, LO, Italy.

Ok well that is big news. My bad. Congrats then. Cheers.

Demo version?

lacandon wrote:Demo version?
No

Just some initial impressions based solely on the UI...

I find the layout a little odd. I'd expect:

Low Low-Mid
Mid Highs

...or just everything in one row with the controls above or below.

Additionally, why no separate lo/hi pass controls/frequencies like in the original? Doesn't appear to be any way to separate L/R either or do the shelf/bell thing on each of the four bands.

My ideal "Passive EQ" emulation would:

1. Start with the Massive Passive
2. Allow for L/R independent control (with a link option)
3. Add in independent M/S control as an option
4. Negate the need for me to dictate "boost" or "cut," just let me do either with the center of the knob being zero
5. Have independent HP/LP filters for either L/R, or M/S

Return to “Effects”