OS X 10.9.5 issues

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I updated on the 18th and noticed that it killed a lot of plug-ins. I was getting errors in Logic Pro X such as couldn't be opened for Sylenth1 (32-lives), Zeta+ 2, Artruria V Collection (except for the JP-8 plug-in), and a few others such as Bi-Filter. I restored back to 10.9.4 and all is good again, but I was wondering if anyone else had issues with this latest update.

Nope... all my plugins work fine. Ok, I haven't yet tested them all (+200), but Sylenth, Zeta and V-Collection works fine over here.

But I had multiscreen issues (have 2 TVs hooked to an iMac). After the update, my screens started to turn on and off randomly. After a couple of hours troubleshooting, I switched one of the DVI-HDMI cable, et voilà. What a coincidence, that just right after the update, the cable went nuts ??!!

At least it's working at the moment again.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

No problems here

I am having issues with plugins causing DAW crashes.

Got it fixed. The issue was due to a botched upgrade from 10.9.4 to .5 I had to completely remove 32 lives from the system including the files inside of /Library/Application Support/Sound Radix/32 Lives.

All is working now.

So 32 Lives broke on your system after the update? I had no apparent issues with it on Logic X after upgrading to 10.9.5, still it's nowhere near as stable as the SL10.6.8/Logic 9 combination...

Hey.. did as you told, uninstalled completly and then reinstalled it
still not working ..every 32bit plugin isnt working in logicprox under osx 10.9.5...

Any ideas !?

Very strange. 32lives is running fine here. Just updated MacOS and all plugins still run. Hope you don't have to reinstall everything from scratch ;)
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hi

All my 32 bit plugins did not work, I use 32 lives, I removed all traces of the app with app cleaner reinstalled the latest version and re resurrected my plug ins, to no avail

Sound Radix reply

Please run the latest v1.0.5 installer of 32 Lives and re-install it on your machine, available for download in your user area at www.soundradix.com/users (http://www.soundradix.com/users), then run 32 Lives and resurrect your plug-ins.
If you're still experiencing issues, please use the installer to completely uninstall 32 Lives, Repair Disk Permissions then re-install again.

For me it was Repairing Disk Permissions that did the trick , I only re did Sylenth for the second time. they are all working again.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”