nChord v3 - HeartEater IS OUT!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
enChord

nChord v3 - HeartEater IS OUT!

Very proud to celebrate with my fellow kvrites, kvrers and all prestigious variants the first 2 years of
Avantgarde Sound*
*for the love of the machine

. Now with celebration mode ON, I am delighted to announce the release and immediate availability of my shiny new:
nChord v3 - HeartEater
the modular harmony super algorithm
- a MIDI control super instrument

All the info here> http://www.avantgardesound.com/

Q: Wait!, what do you mean “v3”? I never saw a v2!
R: I know, right? : ) It is v3 based on a beta-test adamant request stating “make it v3 already PLEASE, it is THAT f’ing good!!” So be it.

Q: Wait again!, what happened with the e in enChord?
R: A huge mean dog ate it, enChord is now nChord, and v3 - HeartEater is its current, shiny new incarnation!

WHAT'S NEW IN nChord v3 - HeartEater
. To prevent overflowing this post with info (blatant fail alert! :) as nChord v3 - HeartEater has dozens of new features and improvements, here’s just a taste of what’s new in v3:

. [new!] External MIDI Controller Support
your external MDI device can now control nChord MIDI instruments while they in-harmonically control external sound generators = TURN YOUR 3rd PARTY MIDI DEVICE INTO AN IN-HARMONIC MIDI CONTROLLER NOW!!!
Yup,
  • 1) simply connect your MIDI note device (pedal board, keyboard controller, drum pad controller, MIDI guitar, etc.) to nChord’s MIDI input (via a direct hardware connection is encouraged for improved ultralow latency performance!)
    2) Tap the MIDI Learn button function in nChord, and strike the left-most (lowest) key on your controller
    3) Connect nChord’s MIDI output to any sound generator MIDI port.
Those 3 (set-and-forget) basic steps will turn your 3rd party generic controller into the most advanced harmonic MIDI controller in the world. Your generic MIDI notes will turn into harmonic bliss by putting nChord v3 right in the middle of the hottest threesome ever! :) You can then trigger any ChordBank chords AND/OR nChord PadBoard’s in-harmonic scale player! YESSSSS!!! You are welcome!!

. [new!] FULL Save and Recall
finally!, all ChordBank settings and your factory or crafted custom chords can be saved and recalled! You are welcome!!

. [new!] Dedicated Chord Velocity Mixer for ChordBank
With velocity master and interpolation controls! You are welcome!!

. [new!] NoteBoard Sense
create/input custom chords in REALTIME via MIDI into NoteBoard and save them with the new HotChord function into ChordBank for your performance pleasure via ChordBank itself or via your external MIDI controller! You are welcome!!

. And DOZENS of new features and improvements…
Additional info on our updated website. Check it out now!: http://www.avantgardesound.com

v1 LICENSED USERS UPGRADE DISCOUNT INFORMATION
. Early v1 supporters were indeed able to acquire their license for less than half the current regular price. I still am grateful to you v1 users, so you will be able to purchase a v3 license for 50% off the regular price. Send us an email from your Registered Email Address AND your Proof of v1 Purchase to receive your discounted path.

. Also, users who purchased a v1 license after August 29th 2014 will receive a v3 license free of charge, shoot me an email with your proof of purchase and I will sort you out.

TEMPORARY NEW USER PROMO
New users can also have a temporary early v3 supporter discount of 30% off. New users can acquire the discounted v3 license directly on the website. Again, discount is temporary.

ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS FOR ALL OF UP TO 100% OFF
As a one-man effort, I am trying really hard to help nChord keep moving forward. I came up with an intro promo idea to sort of further help you help the project:

"The nChord v3 - HeartEater Introduction Promotion"

Both current AND new users can participate and take advantage of this promo for discounts of: 5% or 10% or 30% or up to 50% or 100% off their already discounted v3 license until October 15th 2014 12pm PST.

This promo is reserved to v3 licensed users only who actively participate, and they get the promo info with their purchased licensed copy. The non-transferable total discount (via a PayPal partial refund) for particpants will start rolling out October 30th 2014 on a first come, first served basis. ALL participants meeting the simple requirements get an additional discount.

I AM HERE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS
Pretty hefty nowadays with the new release (again, a one-man two year effort here!), but I will be here answering questions as time permits.

Rest assured I am trying to act as professionally as I possibly can, and take pride in my work and utmost personal customer and potential customer care.

I thank the KVR platform and the whole community once again. This is by far one of the most open and forward-thinking music gear-related communities anywhere in the world. Take it from me: Without KVR, many of us "little guys with big ideas and big fat zero budget" would be further awar from realizing and releasing our ideas.

Talk to me! Thank you!

Cheers,
Avantgarde Sound*
*For the love of the machine
http://www.avantgardesound.com/
Twitter: @TweetAvantgarde (http://www.twitter.com/TweetAvantgarde)

--
Last edited by Avantgarde Sound on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am interested, but you have the WORST website I have ever seen in my life, so I refuse to sift through that nightmare.

vata44 wrote:I am interested, but you have the WORST website I have ever seen in my life, so I refuse to sift through that nightmare.
sadly i have to agree with the above statement. your site is non-functional somehow.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I'm a little confused-your blurb says the new features, but what are the main ones? What does it do?
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:I'm a little confused-your blurb says the new features, but what are the main ones? What does it do?
Sure, I am aware that, given nChord's sort of unique approach and novel user interface, it is probably not immediately obvious to fathom right away what it is after a quick first look.

Let me put it this way, think of nChord as sort of the 3rd guest for an spectacular in-harmonic musical threesome :party: :party: :party: :D .

How is that?
Well, let's take a typical usage scenario>

You have your external MIDI controller (a kb, a pedal board, MIDI drum pads, even a phone with an app that can transmit MIDI notes, etc.), and you have a sound generator (a VST, a hw synth, etc.)

By inviting nChord v3 - HeartEater to the party and placing it right in the middle, you can turn your generic MIDI device into an in-harmonic MIDI controller.

1) For starters, nChord will transmit any chord from its factory library of about 7000 possible chords via one touch.
Screenshot:

2) Everytime you hit a chord, the notes belonging to it will be automatically displayed in NoteBoard. From there, you can either save it in ChordBank (12 memories) as the start of your chord progression OR you can customize it.
Screenshot:

3) Both factory and custom chords saved to ChordBank can be played directly on nChord's touch interface OR via your external 3rd party controller.
Screenshot:

4) Not only can you directly audition any chord, but nChord will also give you chord progression suggestions based on its analysis algos via one-touch as well.
Screenshot:

5) The algos and suggestions are in-harmonic because they are strictly dependent on the scale your are currently working on.
Screenshot:

6) But it doesn’t stop there. If you are tired of the same-old, same-old 3-chord progression, by using the scale modulation analysis feature in nChord, you can progress your chords to new unchartered territories. nChord will visually show you harmonically suitable scales for modulation according to your selected base scale. The pivot chords will be right there for you to modulate to a related scale.

Let me quote good old wikipedia on this:
In music, modulation is most commonly the act or process of changing from one key (tonic, or tonal center) to another. This may or may not be accompanied by a change in key signature. Modulations articulate or create the structure or form of many pieces, as well as add interest. Treatment of a chord as the tonic for less than a phrase is considered tonicization.

Modulation is the essential part of the art. Without it there is little music, for a piece derives its true beauty not from the large number of fixed modes which it embraces but rather from the subtle fabric of its modulation.
—Charles-Henri Blainville (1767)
Screenshot:

7) Further, nChord includes 4 MIDI controllers : nChord itself while designing your harmony and chord progressions, as well as ChordBank, PadBoard and TileBoard.

A multi-touch experimental in-harmonic MIDI instrument: meet TileBoard.
What makes nChord’s TileBoard different is that it is DYNAMICALLY CREATED based on chords stored in Chordbank by the user.
Screenshot:

Then we have PadBoard, a dynamic pad-based board that is dynamically built according to the user-selected scale. Padboard re-builds itself every time a new scale is chosen and shows only the note pads representing the full four octaves of the user-selected scale: -12, 0, +12, +24. You can play Padboard and never miss the harmonically correct note, not even a single time.
Screenshot:

8 ) There’s way more than what I explained above, but let me just add that, with the new version 3, we get 3rd party MIDI controller support with a one-touch MIDI Learn function, enabling you to in-harmonically control external sound generators from an external controller seemingly turning nChord into a realtime harmonic translator.

This is the formula and result of the hottest threesome ever :P >

Generic MIDI controller
+ :arrow:
nChord v3 - HeartEater
+ :arrow:
sound generator
(could also act as the generic MIDI controller above, of course)
=
in-harmonic MIDI controller
(far, far, far from generic anymore ;) )

Talk to me! Thank you!

Cheers,
Avantgarde Sound*

--

I will say that I've been hoping and waiting for this to be an AU plugin. But I ended up buying this anyway because I've wanted to try this for a long time. Hopefully I won't feel too bothered having to hook up other gear to my laptop to compose.

Congratulations on V3! But I do hope it will be an AU plugin one day. I will be thrilled if that happens.

Too complex, this needs to be a logic MFX plugin btw. Looks good. it's not the worlds only in harmonic progression thing as claimed, as cubase chord track did it first. You might want to correct that. Cheers and congrats on release.

Wow, that website is a mess. One huge wall of text and screenshots with even more overlay text, the video doesn't work, broken menues, missing imprint, footnotes are hard to find or missing. The most interesting information was nowhere to be found: a demo version or a demo video/audio.

All this shouldn't represent your software which seems to be quite nice. :(

Ok, I do have ver. 1, so what exactly are the new features? A Video is all it takes.

Nothing is clear: What is the thing? A standalone app for win, OSX? Maybe iOS? Touch capabilities? A VST, Au, etc plugin? Interesting, but not clear!

TheoM wrote:Too complex, this needs to be a logic MFX plugin btw. Looks good. it's not the worlds only in harmonic progression thing as claimed, as cubase chord track did it first. You might want to correct that. Cheers and congrats on release.
thanks my man

Haha! Nah, it's actually incredibly easy!! Chocolate cake-easy. 90% of all the functions require 1 (one) touch. The rest 2 or 3 at most.

A careful look would make it clear how nChord is far, as in years far, from a mere Cubase chord track.
And note, I am not putting that feature down. It's useful for Cubase users, but nChord is vastly more powerful. Sincere assessment from experience (I use Cubase's latest version, love it!.)

You are welcome to read through the specs at the winner of the WWW (Worst Website in the World) title, haha! :D http://www.avantgardesound.com/ 4 minutes will make you see!!

And TheoM, if you have specific questions, I will be really happy to answer them for you as best as I can.

Cheers,
Avantgarde Sound*
Last edited by Avantgarde Sound on Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

double post, sorry.

I still don't get what this is, sorry. It says it requires Lemur, but it is seemingly a VST? Then it mentions plugging a controller into it physically, so I don't know what's what.

I don't have an iPad, only android (and TouchOSC). Is this like cthulu or something else?

Hi,
It seems the website is sort of sabotaged for viewing on any Mac device.
The bookmarks won't work no matter what I do.

However, the website displays and works fine on Windows computers.

It seems to me, this is typical Mac "policies" trying to impose their "standards" without regard to common actual standards, such as super basic html.

I am not talking about the appearance, or the content, but the functionality.
You can still see the content. It is navigation that is f-ed up.

How sad. Sorry Mac users.
Will keep looking into this, and let you know. But you just need to remember, as another sad example, how the Mac people single-sidedly deprived you (us all) from viewing Adobe Flash-enabled sites on their iOS devices. Typical behavior on their end.
No go, no matter what, because they say so.

Cheers,
Avantgarde Sound*

Return to “Instruments”