STA Enhancer CM from Audiffex - FREE exciter plugin with CM mag

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Audiffex's new plugin, STA Enhancer CM, is FREE only with the latest issue of Computer Music magazine!

It's a full plugin, not available anywhere else, and not based on any existing Audiffex plugin :)

Features include:
  • • Low Process and High Process knobs - raise and excite low/high frequencies
    • Five different modes, each changing the response of the plugin's internal tube circuitry
    • Saturation knob to apply more non-linear distortion
    • VU-style input and output meters
    • Change the UI colour to differentiate between separate plugin instances
    • Intuitive, streamlined interface
    • 32-/64-bit PC VST
    • 32-/64-bit Mac AU/VST
Full info: http://bit.ly/STAEnhancerCM

Get it with CM209: http://bit.ly/CM209

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMt_bnmaiPA

Any idea why this is a whopping 12% CPU? I was really excited for this, but at this hi of a CPU, I cant see myself using it much.

I found this completely unusable on Cubase 6 (Win 7/32-bit). CPU rose to 30% just loading the plugin, up to 60% with the GUI visible. Playing a single instance of Halion through it took the CPU to 75%.

Not good.

CPU load is terrible here...
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I wonder if this will be addressed, or conveniently 'forgotten'

Is there a difference between STA Enhancer CM and the offical STA Enhancer ?
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:Is there a difference between STA Enhancer CM and the offical STA Enhancer ?
correct me if i'm wrong, but ASAIK there isn't actually a full version available at all. hence, enhancer cm could be seen as a full version in its own right

EDIT: all right, just checked the audiffex site once again, and it seems that you can buy the enhancer separately (although it's only listed in their shop, not on the info site interestingly). however, the screenshot pretty much looks the same as the cm version so i guess it's not limited after all

The CPU load of the full version is 8% here vs. 14% for the CM version.

They did cpu optimizations, also with CMs latest version (1.10 - which doesn't load with my setup)
(Gabe Dumbbell)

someone ? STA 1.1.0 won't load on 9550 win7 sp1
(Gabe Dumbbell)

FYI ...
I installed the STA EnhancerCM from issue 226. These VST2 dll's don't work. They are dated 10/24/2014.

Fortunately I had the original STA EnhancerCM (ver. 1.0.0) from issue 209. These VST2 dll's are dated 05/27/2014 and work just great.

Return to “Effects”