Nova67P GE edition

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nova-67P TDR Nova TDR Nova GE

Hi
This is supposed to be thread that we talked about Nova67P GE edition.
I hope you are working on it right now, and I just want to thank Vlad for this amazing plugin.
I using only EQ mode right now on some productions that I'm on. This Parallel EQ is really outstanding IMO.
I think separate plugin only Parallel EQ would be very appreciated too.

Thanks

Good idea, let's discuss your Nova must-haves!

I agree that the transition from "dynamic" to "non dynamic" should be as smooth as possible. It could be designed in such a manner that dynamics related controls don't get in the way of users using EQ functionality only.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Just 3 improvement ideas...

1: decrease latency (Maybe as the Molot comp)
2: decrease CPU load
3: the auto gain that save in automatic exactly the dB losed with compression

The plug is perfect and IMO don't need other! ;-)

I would also like to have one bell band more or two would be cool.
I expect nice TDR dark style GUI.
Please don't touch or change the sound of the EQ if you gonna decrease CPU load. It is usually trade off between these.
I would like to see Q value of the band somewhere and db value in all modes. Might be good idea lil floating screen above the band.
Routing position- Comp-EQ, and EQ-Comp. Very important.

I really like the sound.

Thanks

@xtrax: Good idea to change the routing position! ;-)

Free or GE, I would like to see a true compressor bypass switch, and an Auto Listen type feature. A clip protection limiter would also be great.

I would not like to sacrifice sound quality for CPU / latency.The plug sounds good.

hey jrides, I'm curious to learn more about "Auto Listen"...

@Fabien,

After some playing around, it looks like Nova-67p already has this feature. It is called "Band: Solo". Some of the other EQ's out there call it Auto-Listen.

Thanks!

xtrax wrote:Hi
+1 ! I haven't really used Nova so far apart from testing (although I was impressed by it) and that is mainly because it is way too complicated for me. I am lazy and if I don't grasp a plugin in the first ten minutes or have to read a manual, I am out (remember: real men don't read manuals!). My fault, of course, but still I'd vote for *less* features instead of more...

fese wrote:
xtrax wrote:Hi
+1 ! I haven't really used Nova so far apart from testing (although I was impressed by it) and that is mainly because it is way too complicated for me. I am lazy and if I don't grasp a plugin in the first ten minutes or have to read a manual, I am out (remember: real men don't read manuals!). My fault, of course, but still I'd vote for *less* features instead of more...
The eq only use is extremely easy. Just grab one of the eq handles and move it where it sounds best.

On a seperate note, Q control would be nice though.

I'm anxious to see what will come in new Nova and SlickEQ versions..!

jrides wrote: On a seperate note, Q control would be nice though.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/184 ... ova67P.pdf

 Use drag & drop to change frequency and gain for each point.
 Use mouse wheel or Alt + drag to change Q value and thus to affect the resonance of the
band.
 Use double click to activate/deactivate the band.
 Use Alt + double click to solo the band. Several bands can be soloed.
 Use Ctrl + click to reset band’s gain to zero dB.
 Use Ctrl + middle button click to reset band’s Q value to default.
 Use Shift + drag to increase precision.
 Use right button click to open band’s context menu.

@jrides: Ah, thanks. Now I understand.

The UI's look and feel is certainly one of the top priorities of the rework. We have some interesting ideas on the drawing board which could greatly improve the overall feel and accessibility in fese's sense!

xtrax wrote:
jrides wrote: On a seperate note, Q control would be nice though.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/184 ... ova67P.pdf

 Use drag & drop to change frequency and gain for each point.
 Use mouse wheel or Alt + drag to change Q value and thus to affect the resonance of the
band.
 Use double click to activate/deactivate the band.
 Use Alt + double click to solo the band. Several bands can be soloed.
 Use Ctrl + click to reset band’s gain to zero dB.
 Use Ctrl + middle button click to reset band’s Q value to default.
 Use Shift + drag to increase precision.
 Use right button click to open band’s context menu.
Thanks. I was aware of this but looking for a knob or slider. This is especially helpful for those of us on laptops. This is of course assuming the gui is completely reworked. In its current state I'm not sure my suggestion would look good. Maybe a right or left click function could pop up something I could adjust. (Or even a text box might work in that scenario)

Love this little plugin!
FabienTDR wrote:The UI's look and feel is certainly one of the top priorities of the rework. We have some interesting ideas on the drawing board which could greatly improve the overall feel and accessibility in fese's sense!
Glad to hear that. For a good workflow and GUI layout examples you really can't go wrong if you check out Fabfilter's Pro-MB. I'd love to have the separate controls for compressor settings for every band.

Looking forward to the release. :tu:

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”