Key differences between Requiem Light & Olympus Elements? (player editions)

Official support for: soundiron.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry if the question is a bit dumb, but what are the key differences between these two libraries?

Can i get same results for simple choirs with Requiem Light as with Olympus Elements?

:)

+1

The main difference is that Requiem Light is a complete choral library, with chromatic single and multi-syllable sustain, staccato and marcato words, plus standard vowels and true legato. It's a carefully balanced and mastered stereo blend of a 12 channel mic array, recorded in a large cathedral. Many of the articulations are full-choir unison, meaning that the men and women overlap as a single combined sound in the middle octave. About half of the articulation types are split into full men/women divisi. The library also has a large selection of choral effects and ambiences. It emphasizes a fortissimo dynamic overall, but does cover softer dynamics as well. There are also tenor and soprano soloists performing emotive chromatic chants. It's ideal for composers that need a powerful sounding "epic" trail/action soundtrack choir, designed for quick templating and scoring, with fewer of the deeper performance and control options.

Olympus Elements was recorded in a smaller hall, including just the close microphone positions. It only focuses on pure vowel sounds (Ah, Ee, Eh, Ei, Ih, Mm, Oh and Oo), covering core articulations like true legato, sustains, staccatos, marcatos and effects. It has full separation for men and women in all articulations and all of our latest GUI control features. It has greater flexibility in the legato system and a built in step sequencer tool for the sustains/staccatos. It does not include soloists. It's ideal for users that want a great sounding, yet simple to use choral ensemble.

Thanks for detailed response. I prefer to control phrasing myself instead of using pre-recorded performances.
If you ever consider releasing cut-down versions of libraries with no pre-recorded phrases, just manipulation tools, I would be more interested.

Thank you!

Olympus Elements is the simplified version you're looking for, just focusing on sustains, marcatos and staccatos with dynamic performance control. The full Olympus Choir Collection has all of the added multi-syllable sustains, staccatos, marcatos, soloists and other content.

Return to “Soundiron”