Nylon string guitar?

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Greg,
A while ago you posted in this forum that you had ideas for a nylon string guitar, along with some flamenco strumming ideas. Maybe this have alrrady be discussed recently, but haven't found a recent tread with the search feature. I was just wondering if you are still considering the idea of a nylon string guitar library or if this has been cancelled? I currently enjoy a lot the strawberry and the acoustic guitars. They are simply amazing. But when I want to do more classic, gypsy or flamenco style, then I can't. I mean, I guess there's some other libraries out there, but now that I'm used to the evolution magic, I'd rather use an Evolution Classic Guitar. ;)

In any case, keep up the great work, and hopefully you'll consider a nylon / flamenco style library in the future.

Best

Martin

Hi Martin,

Yeah, I still am planning on it--it's just a matter of finishing the current projects I'm working on first. I even know which nylon string guitar I'll be sampling, too! It will also use the Evolution guitar engine.

Kind regards,

Greg
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Hi Greg,
I've been enjoying your samples for quite some time now and really appreciate the ease of use, flexibility and realistic sound of it. But there's one thing still missing in my toolset, and it is a Nylon accoustic guitar to play Jazz or Flamenco style. You had that on the radar at some point. Is it still the case? I'd rather wait for a proper orangetreesample release rather than looking for another product that would help me out on this. If still on the radar, do you have a very rough estimate of when you plan to have it? something like Qx 2015? or even before that maybe? Hopefully you'll have good news for us ;)

In the meantime, continue the great work on your sample libraries. Looking forward for the upcoming updates of the Evolution engine for strawberry and steel string ones.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Martin

Hi Martin,

It's really going to depend on the release of the new Evolution engine. One that's done in the form of the upcoming Evolution strat library, the ball will start rolling with the updates for Strawberry, Steel String, and plans for additional guitar libraries including the nylon.

That's why I can't give a more specific timing estimate on the nylon guitar. However, I can say that a nylon is pretty high on my list of guitars to sample for the new Evolution engine.

Later,

Greg
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Need a beta tester? Heh.

...I can wait....I can wait....I can wait....ARE WE THERE YET!?!?!?!

Ha ha.

Jon

It's getting closer and closer.

Today I implemented a bunch more articulations--stuff like whole-step slides, grace notes, release drops, etc. Next I'll finish the articulation that lets you slide from one note to another. The cool part is that these articulations can be assigned to keyswitches, velocity ranges, controllers, a sustain pedal, or anything like that. So you get your choice on how you want to activate the slide mode.

Plus, you could easily map the whole-step slide articulation to a high velocity layer to get that mapping style that Roland has done with their guitar patches for a long time.

I also added articulations to the strum pattern editor, so your patterns can have the exact articulations built in--which makes it nice if you want certain strums to be palm muted and others open sustains.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Gregjazz wrote:... I can't give a more specific timing estimate on the nylon guitar. However, I can say that a nylon is pretty high on my list of guitars to sample for the new Evolution engine.
Is this still true? I'm not asking for a specific date, since I'm able to wait. I'm asking because Ilya Efimov's nylon guitar is on sale right now. As good as Efimov's guitars are, I'd prefer to wait for Orange Tree's -- unless, of course, it's just not going to happen.

Thanks in advance.

Since this is an older thread, a lot has changed since then. We sampled a nylon guitar for our Evolution series, and it is currently being encoded by Native Instruments as a Kontakt Player instrument. So it should be available in a matter of a few weeks at most.

The nylon guitar is capable of classical, pop, and much more, but here's something I came up to put it through its paces with something jazzier:

https://soundcloud.com/orange-tree-samples/cafe-roma
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Great news, thanks!

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”