The first of a series of additional sound-sets for Spectral is here

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

100 sounds of Ian Boddy, demo at

https://soundcloud.com/linplug/spectral-s01

this guy is rocking, love his music too ! :)

Nice - some really inspiring sounds on the demo, expanding the possibilities of Spectral into new territories. I've been using this instrument more and more lately, so this is a must-have for me.

And I'm a big fan of Mr. Boddy's music too :)

These are great sounds and I went ahead and bought them, but I can't load them it seems…..?

In the purchase email it says : "After loading Spectral (only version 1.1 and up) the next time you should enter your personal serial number"

But Spectral 1.1 isn't out yet….

Is there a way to load the sounds already please?

Thanks!

RR
Intel Mac, OSX 10.8x, RME Fireface, Logic 9

Yes, I'm sorry if this is misleading. When you installed them as said (copy all folders in the Spectral Banks folder, for more details see readme), you have them available already as they were made in and for Spectral 1.0.1 already. Just WHEN Spectral 1.1. is out, you need to enter your personal serial in Spectral to make them work.

Sorry for the confusion, our intention was to release Spectral 1.1 (around start of September) and the Sounds Mid September, however, life is sometimes unpredictable and so the order changed.

...and a BIG THANK YOU for supporting Ian Boddy and us!

Hi Peter,

thanks for the reply. I installed the bank and then the 1.1 recent update, authorising the bank with my SN, but although my Spectral browser shows the Ian Boddy folder, the patches are not there in Spectral -just the folder is shown (they are visible when I look in the Finder on the Mac).

Any idea why this isn't working please?

I did also write to support but am itching to use those sounds ;-) so hope maybe this will get me the quickest response.

Thanks a lot!

regards

RR

PS I love Boddy's work- his sounds for Alpha are some of my favourites! Great that Alpha has been updated too!

I had a swift response from Peter via Support email: the solution is simple.

I had copied the whole folder of sounds as one into my /Library/ApplicationSupport/LinPlug/Spectral/Sound Banks folder (on the Mac).

I needed to copy the content, i.e the 15 sub folders, into that location.

I did that and there they are, all those tasty sounds :-)

Great support from Linplug as usual, thank you Peter…"Danke schoen!' :)

best

RR

Than you Rikki,
the problem is a bit a problem with OSX, I tell you why: We put all the sounds in a ZIP, and indeed you have to put all that content of the ZIP to the Spectral sound banks folder. BUT when OSX unzip's the sounds it itself creates a folder with the same name as a the zip file and places everything in that newly created folder. So when you are on OSX and use OSX de-compression you are right, one needs to copy the content, if you use anything else (e.g. BetterZip) or are on PC its right as we wrote. Fortunately most people seem to be used to this OSX way of dealing with things (which is not bad per se) and it seems to work fine.
Wow, this sounds really complicate when describing this way :D

I just noticed that you can download and demo the full sound banks. I haven't tried it yet, but the concept is absolutely brilliant. Going to demo all 3 tonight.

Unfortunately up to now when demo the sounds Spectral tells you on each and every sound that its not yet licenses, which is a bit ... awkward, this will be fixed in Spectral 1.2 which only tells you once when you first open a sound you not yet licensed.

Return to “LinPlug”