Anyone who is able to fix/improve the Launchpad-script?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

edukcuf: Would you be able to use a unique UUID in your script(s)? ATM it collides with the factory script which makes it impossible to have both installed at the same time. I also wondered if it wouldn't be better to change the name a bit so that not two "Launchpad" are shown on top of each other with no way of knowing which is which?

I changed the factory script on Github to also autodetect the Launchpad Mini BTW.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

OK... I'm lost here... Is the key scale fixed??? If so how do i change it??? And how do I update the script if it wont work along with the internal??? please help!!!

@edukcuf

I can´t get your launch controller script nor the launchpad script.
Is it possible you could upload again cause it says page not found?
Would love to have your both together. sounds awesome your work!
Defently game changer!
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

Anyone???
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard

@ ronnyrydgren There's my scripts...

http://www.remixcomps.com/bitwig/novati ... dukcuf.zip
http://www.remixcomps.com/bitwig/novati ... dukcuf.zip

Launch Control (standard one not the new XL) one needs lots of work, but allows all to be assignable, move around with keys, transport on Factory 1 with knobs on Factory 1 assigned to macros and the parameters, use pads 7 and 8 to go through the parameters. It really needs to have parameter pick up implemented so it doesn't move the macro//parameter until it crosses where it is on the screen, because they jump. I'm not sure how to do it, so if anyone knows of a script that has it in, I'll try and transfer it over, I know Nektar's stuff has it, but I can't find/access the scripts.

Launchpad one is just the Bitwig launchpad script with orientation fixed, colours fixed, root note changes in diatonic mode.

edukcuf: any specific reason why you removed the github repository?
Would make it easier for people to fork and contribute?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

Thanks =9 Yes i use the standard launch control, bought the package. Yes unfortantly im not a coder =/

Another question to edukcuf: Are you okay with me putting the Launch Control script in the Bitwig Script Library as well?
If possible with a github repo...?

Cheers,

Tom

@ThomasHelzle

I made the scripts for myself and will gladly share with others (as I have done on here) so they can get their already owned devices working and you can do whatever you want with it, the thing is I don't want someone to think that the LaunchControl device fully works with Bitwig just because there is a script and then go and buy a Novation LaunchControl or make a purchase decision based on "there is a script available" only to find out the implementation of it is sloppy and they end up not being 100% happy with their device.

I contacted Novation about whether they will ever create "official" LaunchControl scripts... their reply...

"We do not have scripts for the Launch Control and Bitwig and so the only way to get this working would be to create a custom script using the programmers reference guide for Launch Control. I'm afraid this isn't something we can support and is only recommended for advanced users. Although our devices will work with Bitwig our controllers ship with Ableton Live Lite 9 and have scripts for Live.".

This is why I removed my scripts from Github (admittedly after being a little angry at being fobbed off by Novation support) because I don't want someone to go and buy a Novation LaunchControl thinking they can use Novation products to their maximum potential with Bitwig (when they should probably be buying a Nektar).

Thanks a lot for your reply.
Ok, I can understand the part about not putting it in the library, but honestly, Github is not really the place where people hang around before they go shopping IMO. ;-)
There are actually many half-done scripts on Github, it's a development platform and people don't expect everything to be perfect. I especially find it sad since Github also is a place where people can contribute to scripts so your script could be improved over time. And for people who already have the LC and can't script, it's a lot better than not having one.

It's of course up to you, but I would suggest leaving the Launch Control out of the Library if you feel uncomfortable about it. But if you could put everything back on Github, I think it would be a chance for others to find it and either contribute or fork it.

As for Novation: Novation is very close to Ableton and they may not want to risk that - or maybe they even have special deals - I have no idea. They also have a lot on their plates already so they may not want to support a new DAW right away and first see how things work out. Learning the API and writing good scripts is not trivial and can take quite a lot of time, then you need to create docs and offer support...
I wouldn't get angry at them. Akai has one first script up which is great, but they don't plan to support every controller they have either AFAIK. Liquid and Nektar are special in that they have outstanding support for Bitwig Studio since they are in the boat from the start. Keith McMillen also writes their own scripts, they are currently in Beta for QuNeo and QuNexus.

I'm sure it will be growing over time. The baby is just half a year old... ;-)

Cheers!

Tom

OK, I've stuck all my scripts back up on Github, I had shared them as zip files above. To be honest I don't understand Github at all and it all seems a bit impersonal on there for my liking.

https://github.com/educk/novation-launchpad
https://github.com/educk/novation-launc ... for-Bitwig
https://github.com/educk/Oxygen-49-for-Bitwig

Also Thomas do you know if any scripts have something where it won't move the macro/parameter until it is at the same value as on screen, so it kind of picks it up from that point rather than jumping?

Thanks! :-)

Yeah, it's not very personal (but neither is a link to a zip ;-) ) but you can put links in the readme to your blog or website or wherever you want. You can also create documentation in the wiki with images etc. in your repo.

Your Launchpad Alternative script is now in the Bitwig Library and I'll put those links in right away.

Takeover mode will come to Bitwig hopefully as a native option - can't say if in 1.1 or later though. It would be best to have it there since then it can be graphically shown in the GUI for instance in volume sliders.
I think the Livid Instruments scripts have it in their scripts, but I'm not sure. I so far didn't implement it myself since I hoped it would come as a native option sooner.

Cheers,

Tom

OK, I didn't realise that feature was coming natively. but I'll still see if I can figure it out.

Also on the Launchpad script I added (that's not listed on the Bitwig controller pages information) since I wrote that... Ability to change the scale key in Diatonic mode (It was only allowing scales in C before).

Ok, will add that the next time I edit it. Just closed everything down for the night ;-)

For the takeover, you basically compare the value in Bitwig to the value from the controller and if it is in a certain range, you "snap" to it and from then on you follow the value from the controller. Each time you change device or track etc. you reset that snap to false and a new takeover is needed. You also need to check for changes from Bitwig Studios GUI.

Cheers,

Tom

OK... So has the name in the script been changed to not conflict with the internal one??? And can we get a wiki on how to install???

Thanks for the hard work guys... Yeah, the attitude of Novation is a bit uncool... but you never know what kind of hardware deals Ableton are trying to push for with these companies (Now that they have some serious competition)... It's very callow tho... kinda like tripping over your opponent in a race rather than trying to run faster.

Thanks again... V.

Return to “Bitwig”