Iris subscription thread patchpool - fresh Iris 2 sounds

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Annual Subscription for Iris Presets Iris 2

Here is an ambient demo track combining 4 Iris patches from the upcoming set no. 50:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/d ... -iris-demo

Here comes the release info for subscription set no. 50, so we have a little anniversary today.

Iris Subscription Set 50 uploaded on September 30 - 2014 containing 9 presets (185.4 MB) including:

Big Wavetable Drone Split
Big drone made with a Serum patch from my soundset Sonic Tabulator and B2. Both oscillators use the same sample, the upper keyboard region in reversed loop mode focussing on the higher frequency bands, the lower region playing the darker frequencies. Both oscs play in Non-Retrigger mode, overlapping split point is C3 (C4 in Iris). The Modwheel adds temposynced pitch modulation to both samples. The x/y-pad let's you control filter cutoff and filter modulation amount, Macros 3+4 control delay and phaser amount.

Bowed Cymbal Duet
Both oscillators use the sample of a bowed china cymbal with identical spectral selections, S2 playing in reversed loop mode. The Modwheel introduces random pitch modulation for S1, S2 has a constant Noise-shaped pitch mod applied. Please check the Macro page to learn how the six assigned Macros modify the sound.

Bowed Cymbal Trio Split
Cymbal hypnosis - S1 uses the sample of a dry/unprocessed bowed china cymbal, S2 and S3 (both running in Non-Retrigger mode) use 2 long electronic derivatives, the Sub osc adds a modified Pulse waveform. S1+2 are mapped from C4 upwards (C5 in Iris), S3 and the Sub play up to C4 (C5). The Modwheel adds a tad of vibrato when fully engaged. Macro 3 controls the volume of the Sub osc, tune the Sub with M5, M3 tunes the cmbals in S3 up an octave when dialed hard right. The FX section is running in Send mode.

Dark Lurker
The same long animated drone texture is playing in both oscillators in Non-Retrigger mode. The Modwheel adds temposynced amplitude modulation (2 against 3). Control LP cutoff with Macro 2 (y), add delay FX with M1 (x). M3 controls the volume of S2, M4 adds chorus FX, M5 controls chorus rate/speed.

Penta Cymbals
Bowed china cymbal stretched and retuned in Melodyne to a pentatonic scale. S1 plays a short dotted spectral selection loop, S2 lays out the entire soundscape in Non-Retrigger mode. Control the volume of S1 with Macro 5, tune it up an octave with M6, add Noise-shaped pitch modulation with M3. The Modwheel introduces temposynced amplitude modulation in S1. FX section is running in Send-mode, so M1 (x) adds delay FX to S1, M2 (y) adds phasing to S2. M4 controls attack time in S1, M7 controls overall LP filter cutoff.

Psaltery Drone Split
A psaltery plectrum tremolo from my sound library Ambient Strings for MachFive, resampled at -3 octaves with Kontakt and then processed with various things. S1 focusses on the lower frequency bands, S2 plays a higher spectral selection in Non-Retrigger mode, overlapping split point is C2 (C3 in iris), S3 is layered with S1 in the lower keyboard region and has a dedicated volume control (Macro 3). The x/y-pad affects multiple parameters, open the Mix-page while tweaking the pad to see what's going on where.

Slomo Planet Split
A long soundscape made from/with granulated potlid samples using crusherX and other things is used in all 3 layered oscillators, S2 running in Non-Retrigger mode. The Modwheel adds pitch modulation in all 3 oscs with different LFO shapes and speeds applied. The x/y-pad affects multiple parameters, open the Mix-page while tweaking the pad to see what's going on where. M3/4 control amount of chorus FX / chorus speed.

Tuva Stretch Synth Split
Tuva throat singing from my Alchemy library MetaVox timestretched with MacFive's IRCAM stretch mode and processed furtherly with various things. Both oscillators use the same sample, S2 running in Non-Retrigger mode, overlapping split point is C3 (C4 in Iris). The Modwheel decreases LP filter cutoff and adds Tube-distortion. Macros 1+2 (x/y) control amount of delay/chorus FX, M 3+4 add temposynced pitch modulation to S1+2 (saw up/down).

Water Combs Split
Two (multisampled) tonal texures made with a preset from my soundset Sonic Tabulator are playing in S1+2, S3 is layered with S1 in the lower keyboard region and plays a more dotted spectral selection of the end of the lower soundscape, it also has a dedicated volume control (Macro 3). S1+3 are running in Non-Retrigger mode, S3 has a random LFO applied to it's pan position, the Modwheel adds temposynced random pitch modulation to S1+2. Please check the Macro page to learn how the other Macros modify the sound.

Here are two new videos with patches from set no. 50:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPMHL6dfO9c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg-we47CBO4

The subscription now contains 375 patches including 8.11 GB of samples, the price has been upped to € 125 EUR (paypal) - € 135 EUR (share*It), but for the celebration of set no. 50, here are 50 discount codes which can be applied on the share*it links-checkout, these will give you 33% off, just enter the code and hit refresh and the discount will be applied. The codes are valid through October 15:
  • "23C4-A"
    "ZHMW-8"
    "27S7-H"
    "3MRU-S"
    "3SXQ-N"
    "3XCP-T"
    "4DHH-D"
    "4XE6-M"
    "5FYE-R"
    "6N2G-U"
    "7RF6-5"
    "8B5S-W“
    "8X6Y-S"
    "9795-F"
    "B6K6-W"
    "BEYU-W"
    "BG48-M"
    "CB8D-9"
    "CGWA-B"
    "DKBM-Z"
    "DQ8E-W"
    "E8TU-5"
    "EBKU-2"
    "FXJK-W"
    "GVSW-S"
    "HC3X-8"
    "HMQ4-R"
    "HWB7-Y"
    "JU3Y-Y"
    "JV5P-N"
    "KX37-W"
    "KZ6C-K"
    "MVSK-7"
    "MYPV-J"
    "NETE-B"
    "Q7FX-U"
    "QDVR-B"
    "TMNZ-Z"
    "UCEZ-Z"
    "UDRN-T"
    "UFT9-M"
    "UPFW-W"
    "W7X6-B"
    "WE9X-V"
    "WEAG-8"
    "WYAM-K"
    "XBER-6"
    "Y2ZC-B"
    "YGV9-3"
    "24AB-J"

Over the last days (well, mainly during the nights actually) I've been sampling a Hang which I rented for the week for an upcoming library, the upcoming subscription set no. 51 will contain quite a few Hang derived patches, loops, soundscapes, spectral derivatives, so here is the first patch I just programmed, played live to Midi in a first pass, then tweaking/automating most of the available 7 Macros in a second pass:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/f ... -iris-demo

:tu:

Here is a video for the fresh Iris patch Hang Scape 01, layering a Hang-derived soundscape with a pad/drone sound borrowed from my upcoming library Ambient Strings, played live on video - I could have gone on improvising for hours, my subwoofer was having so much fun too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPHgYpEcpCE

Here is another patch from the upcoming set, Cosmic Hang Scape using processed Hang sounds - 100% Iris:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/c ... -iris-demo

Three more patches from set 51 in this demo:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/r ... -patchpool

This patch was made from a single Hang hit played with mallets and it's timestretched derivative, the reverb effect only generates from the timestretched sample which is playing twice in this patch with different spectral selections, one of them tuned tuned down an octave. i didn't expect these Hang sounds in iris, really beautiful I must say.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/h ... d-six-iris

Here comes the release info for subscription set no. 51:

Iris Subscription Set 51 - uploaded on November 13 - 2014 ,containing 11 presets (178.9 MB) including:

Cosmic Hang Scape Split
Processing a texture played with drumsticks on a Hang with various tools led to the creation of the soundscape which is used in all three oscillators. S1, root D4 (D5 in Iis) playing from C3 (C4) and above, S2+3, root D2 (D3) playing from C3 and below. S1+2 play in Non-Retrigger mode, S3 reverses the ending of the scape and has slow pan modulation applied. Five Macros provide control over delay, delay time, phaser, LP cutoff and release time. The Modwheel introduces temposynced, random pitch modulation to S1+2.

Descending Ascending Split
Electronic drone texture created by layering two of my Serum and Spectral patches. The upper sound (S2) playing from C3 (C4 in Iris) upwards reverses the sample, S1 playing from B2 (B3) and below plays the same sample forward using a different spectral selection. The Modhweel introduces temposynced amplitude modulation (different LFO shapes for upper and lower sound). The 4 assigned Macros provice control for delay, reverb, chorus and LP cutoff.

Hang Free Loop
A loop fluctuating in tempo played with soft mallets on a Hang without a clicktrack is used in both oscillators, original speed at G2 (G3 in Iris). S2 is using the inverted spectral selection of S1, it's volume is assigned to the Modwheel, so with the wheel fully engaged you hear the entire frequency spectrum. The 7 assigned Macros provide plenty of FX, filter and pitch modulation control.

Hang Hit And Stretch
A dry Hang hit played with a soft mallet in S1(root G2, G3 in iris) with a looped decay phase is layered with it's timestretched and processed derivative in S2+3 which focus on different spectral bands. S3 can be tuned up an octave with Macro 4. The volume of S2 can be controlled with M5. The other Macros provide controls for delay, chorus, release time and LP filter cutoff.

Hang Loop In Seven
Hang loop in 7/8 signature, slightly quantized, running in Radius RT mode so the original tempo (90 BPM) is preserved. The Modwhel adds Tube-distortion. Macro 5 adds temposynced, random pitch modulation (which only really makes sense if your DAW / host is running at 90 BPM). The other assigned Macros provide control over delay, chorus, LP cutoff, room and release time.

Hang Mallet Glitch Loop
A Hang loop played with soft mallets, quantized and processed with various glitch tools is used in both oscillators (original tempo - root G2, G3 in Iris). S2 is using the inverted spectral selection of S1 and has pan modulation applied. Control the volume of S2 with Macro 3. The other Macros provide control over delay, reverb, distortion, distortion tone and HP filter cutoff.

Hang Rubber
Rubbing the Hang with a rubber ball, the spectral selection in S1 focusses on the resulting pitches, S2 features the rather funny moaning sound from the rubber ball on the surface of the Hang. Root note at G2 (G3 in Iris). Control the volume of the moaning rubber sound with the Modwheel. Five Macros are assigned for controlling FX and LP filter cutoff.

Hang Scape 01
The same Hang-soundscape sample is used in S1+2 with different spectral selections, S3 adds a pad sound made with on of my Serum patches from Sonic Tabulator. All oscillators are running in Non-retrigger mode. S2 has a dedicated volume control (Macro 5) and can be tuned up an octave with M6 (scaled in semitones), check the Macro page to see what the other 5 Macros are doing. The Modwheel introduces temposynced amplitude modulation in all three oscillators.

Hang Scape 02
A soundscape with processed Hang sounds in S2 is layered with drone textures in S1+3 (high and low spectrals) made with one of my Serum patches from Sonic Tabulator processed with some UberMod. The x/y-pad (M1+2) controls the balance between the Hang and the drones. The Modwheel introduces slow LP cutoff modulation, use M3 to control amount of delay FX, add a tad of pitch modulation to the drones with M4 and Noise-shaped pitch modulation to the Hang-scape with M5.

Hang Sub Hit And Stretch
Hitting the backside of the Hang with the hand produces a deep sub-tone, A dry version of that sound is used in S1 (which plays the reversed and looped decay phase) and S3 (hit in one-shot-mode), S2 uses a timestretched derivative of that sound. The Modhweel introduces temposyced, square-shaped pitch modulation to the timestretched sound. Macro 3 tunes the stretched sound up an octave, M4 controls the sustain level of the reversed loop in S1, use M5 for adding filter modulation and M6 for controlling filter modulation speed. M1+2 control amount of delay/reverb FX.

One Finger Evolver
Rich one-finger-chord made by layering two of my Serum and a Spectral patches, processed with various things. S1 plays the sample forwards, S2 reverses the sound. The Modwheel introduces temposynced filter modulation. Macros 1+2 (x/y-pad) control amount of delay/phaser FX, M3 adds pan modulation to S2, M4 tunes S2 up an octave.

The subscription now includes 386 patches containing 8.29 GB of samples.

Two patches from the upcoming subscription set no. 52 in this Spectral Requiem:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... -iris-demo

Today a product manager from iZotope chimed into the Iris 2-thread, giving us some hope for a conversion tool which will help converting v1-patches into v2-patches, as of now, none of the subscription patches translate, but they are working on something.

This video was made with Iris 2 using a patch from set 52, but I made the iris 1 version first and then converted it manually, so that patch is also available in set 52.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-FIbE7GB_c

Here is an atmospheric track made with 3 fresh Iris 1-patches from the upcoming subscription set no. 52:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/m ... -iris-demo

Here comes the release info for Set 52:

Iris Subscription Set No. 52 (for iris 1) uploaded on December 3rd - 2014 containing 9 presets (228.7 MB) including:

Alien City
A collage of field recording snippets which I recorded in the city of Hongkong (Mongkok) some year ago is used in S1 (root note: C3). The Modwheel reduces LP filter cutoff, Macros 1+2 (x/y) control distortion amount and distortion tone. Add random pitch modulation with M3, control pitch modulation speed with M4. M5+6 control amount of delay/delay time, with M6 dialed hard left combfilter-like effects can be achieved.

Bit Bells
The sample used in S1+2 was made by resynthesizing a violin arpeggio in Metasynth, then tweaking and retuning the resynthesized data and using the sample of a Hang accent for playback, then furtherly processing the result. S1 uses a very narrow/dotted spectral selection, S2 running in Non-Retrigger mode plays a broader frequency spectrum, M3 controls the volume of S2. The x/y-pad (M1/2) controls amount of delay/reverb FX, M4-7 control distortion/distortion tone/chorus/LP filter cutoff. The Modwheel adds Noise-shaped pitch modulation to both oscillators.

Bright Future Drone
S1+2 use the same sample of a drone derived from a time-stretched wooden accent, S3 adds an electronic texture made with Metasynth. All oscillators are running in Non-Retrigger mode. The Modwheel adds temposynced, square-shaped pitch modulation to S1+3. +/- 1 octave with the wheel fully engaged. The release time of all oscillators can be controlled with Macro 7, M5+6 are dedicated volume controls for S2/3. The x/y-pad (M1/2) controls LP filter cutoff /y) and filter modulation amount (x), lower y-values increase the modulation effect. Macros 3,4 and 8 control amount of chorus, reverb and delay FX.

Deconstruction Pad Split
The involved long sample was made by denoising the field recording of a factory drone I recorded in a steel factory so that only the tonal components of the sounds would remain. Each oscillator plays a different segment and spectral range of the sample. S2/3 running in Non-Retrigger mode are layered and play up to B1 (B2 in Iris), control the volume of S3 using Macro 3 - S1 plays from C2 (C3) upwards. Macro 1 (x) control amount of Noise-shaped pitch modulation applied to S1/2 and also the chorus mix level. Macro 2 (y) controls the amount of delay/reverb FX. M4 controls the release time in all oscillators. Glide is activated.

Edgy Glass Scape Split
A long glass texture made by processing layered glass sounds from my HALion 5 library Sonic Cinema with some Trash 2-waveshaping and GRM tools Evolution. Each keyboard zone plays a different segment of the same sample, overlapping spilt points are C2 (C3 in Iris) and C4 (C5). The Modwheel introduces fast random pitch modulation in all oscillators (slightly different LFO speeds in each LFO). Macro 1 (x) controls delay mix, M2 controls delay time and feedback amount which makes for some nice glitch effects. M3 adds some screaming distortion, M4 controls reverb amount, M5 controls the release time in all oscillators.

Mighty Grain Cloud Split
Big tonal cloud made by layering several samples and granulating them with HALion 5.
The same long soundscape is used in all 3 oscillators, each one playing a different segment and spectral aspect of it, S1 being a very dotted texture (I just love Iris for this sort of stuff). S1+2 are layered and play up to C4 (C5 in Iris), control the volume of S2 using Macro 3. S3 plays backwards/forwards form C4 (C5) upwards. S2/3 are running in Non-Retrigger mode. The Modwheel shifts pitch in all oscillators (scaled in semitones). -/+ 1 octave in S1/2, + 1 octave in S3. Macro 1 (x) adds temposynced amplitude modulation to S2+3 (triplet-based), M2 controls LP filter cutoff and amount of envelope modulation applied to filter cutoff (with M2 down). M5 introduces temposynced random pitch modulation to S1 (fast triplets). M4, 6, 7 and 8 control delay/chorus mix, chorus delay time and distortion mix.

Perforated Convolution
Drone texture made by convoluting one of my Zebra patches using 3 different cello textures in 3 frequency bands with modulated crossover points as the impulse responses in Melda’s multiband convolution. The same sample is used in all 3 oscillators, each one playing a different segment and spectral aspect of it, S1 using a very dotted selection (control volume of S1 using Macro 3). S2/3 play in Non-Retrigger mode. The Modwheel controls chorus amount. Macros 1/2 (x/y) control LP filter cutoff and distortion mix. M4 controls release time in all oscillators, M5 controls delay mix, M6 introduces temposynced amplitude modulation, M7 controls reverb mix.

Spectral Rain
Texture made with one of my Spectral patches processed with various things. S1+2 both use the same sample, S2 playing only the spacious tail looped back and forth. Control the oscillator balance with the x/y-pad (Macros 1/2). With M3 dialed towards the left, slow filter modulation is introduced. M4/5 control amount of delay/reverb FX, M6 adds amplitude modulation to S2, control modulation speed with M7, add chorus FX with M8.

Warped Flago Cloud Split
An electric guitar flageolet texture from my sound library Ambient Strings for MachFive processed with various things. The same long soundscape is used in all three oscillators. S1+2 are layered and play up to C3 (C4 in Iris), use Macros 3/4 to balance the sounds, use Macro 5 to tune S2 up an octave (scaled in semitones) - S3 plays from C3 upwards. S2/3 play in Non-Retrigger mode. M1 (x) introduces temposynced random filter modulation, M2 controls LP filter cutoff, the further M2 is down the more modulation will be applied. M6/7 introduce pan modulation in S2/3, M8 controls amount of delay FX.

The subscription now contains 395 patches including 8.5+ Gigabyte of samples, the subscription price was upped to € 130 EUR.

Here comes a new patch from the upcoming subscription set 53, Fragile Wash, tweaking the 8 Macros and the Modwheel on the impro fly:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/f ... -iris-demo

Here comes an ambient demo track combining 4 fresh iris-1 patches from the upcoming set no. 53:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/a ... bscription

Here comes a patch walkthrough for set no. 53 improvising through the 10 presets (Iris 1):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE888WuWC8c

I still have to write the descriptions, but this set will be released within the next 2 days.

Return to “Soundware”