Sonar X3 studio or producer

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought the studio version. Thanks everyone for your advice!

I didn't saw this post before, so sorry if I answered too late! I had more or less the same "problem" as you, but with the difference that I already own Music Creator 6 (not touch version) and Sonar x2 Producer. Also, I bought Z3ta+2 , and I was tempted to buy Dimension Pro some ago... After so much thinking, and even if I risk my last provision of cash, I finally decided to jump to Sonar 3x Producer... and... What a joy!!! Everything works great, voice tracks now doesn't sound too low, Melodyne alone (even if a cut version) just changed it all and it changed completely how things do work. Working with Matrix (Loops) was not new to me as it was one of the biggest joy to work with in Sonar x2 Studio I have. So it was a fantastic decision at the end of August with the special upgrade prices! I'm quite happy, really, though I had to install it two times:
a) x64 version is great, but doesn't work with ANY of my already owned plugins, though some bundled effects sounded real great (in Win7-64x).
b) 32 bits version doesn't have that fancy FXs, but works with all my vst plugins, fx's and instruments.

Of course, first i read carefully if I can have both versions in the same PC (I only have 1 computer!), and yes, as long as you use just one at a time. Also, to say that upgrading to Sonar x3 didnt touched the Sonar x2 Studio version, but I really do not need it as Sonarx3Producer-32bits can do the same and far better, though I'll still keep it for a while just for some job already done, and because if I unistall it, I'll have to uninstall also some already bought plugins that have just a few times to reinstall it (in particular EZDrummer2)....

So, please, enjoy the Studio version, you'll find that skylight works great, but you need to experiment more on small details, as there are some things that are so obvious that everybody ignores it, and as it's not well explained in manuals, it disuades a lot of people to use it more...

But please, stay away or at least take care about buying something on the Steam Game environment that is promoted on the Cakewalk website => they aren't very trusty. I had problems, and after some days they finally gave me my money back... Whatever you want from Cakewalk, buy it directly from Cakewalk: they are fantastic, and if your pc crashes, you can always download it once again from their servers, and this goes for ALL they sell: videos, daws, sound libraries, etc. Cakewalk Shopping Experience/Service is really great...
Music Creator 6, Sonar x3 Producer, Ableton Live 9 Intro, EZDrummer2, IK-Multimedia Instruments & FXs, free plugins, Win7/x64/i5/6gbRAM/2gb graphic card, Tascam US-122, Samson C01, Behringer Q802USB, Korg nanokeys2+nanokontrol2, Boss Jamstation JS5...

Himhotep3 wrote:a) x64 version is great, but doesn't work with ANY of my already owned plugins, though some bundled effects sounded real great (in Win7-64x).
b) 32 bits version doesn't have that fancy FXs, but works with all my vst plugins, fx's and instruments.
AFAIK both 32 & 64 bit plugs works in Sonar X3 Producer x64.

If your plugs works with x86 version of Sonar, they will work with the x64 version.

Did you show Sonar where your plugs are?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”