Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Sampleconstruct wrote:Female horror scream in the Noise Oscillator meets soprano sax wavetable in Osc 1, the Modwheel controls phase in the Noise Ocs which let's you basically scroll through/scratch the sample, the rest becomes evident from watching this rather spooky track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRJyiri_nsQ
That is great man! It is legitimately scary at times.

kelvyn wrote:Hello Simon... Do you have an idea when you will be ready with the Sonic Tabulator sound bank?
Would love to get my hands on the sounds for a soundtrack I'm doing.

Really like Serum as it's got a really nice aggressive edgy sound.
Well, it's announced for the first half of November as I am also working on my next MachFive library simultaneously, but at the current speed and with the current flow it will be definitely earlier, probably later in October.

JC_ wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Female horror scream in the Noise Oscillator meets soprano sax wavetable in Osc 1, the Modwheel controls phase in the Noise Ocs which let's you basically scroll through/scratch the sample, the rest becomes evident from watching this rather spooky track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRJyiri_nsQ
That is great man! It is legitimately scary at times.
Thank you :party: :scared: :scared: :scared:

bitcrusher wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:A lot of music and soundscaping is not based on any BPM at all, rhythm and a steady metrum is just one (important) aspect of music :)
Well, I'm quite enjoying your patches so I'm not going to disagree with you :lol: However, looking at it, it's unfortunately tricky to change now. I'll certainly keep it in mind if and when changes are made to the delay module. Looking at other synths, 500 ms still seems longer than what most offer, and there's probably someone who wouldn't be satisfied were it 10 seconds.
Thank you - well. I only asked for 3 secs - LOL, I know it's hard to change these things once the plugin is out of the door, it was just a request. I'll use those week-long synced delays then for now.

Thanks for the reply Simon... Deadlines! Deadlines! Got to be finished at the end of the month:(
Looking forward to the release:)

Delays like that are only used in "stoner patches" anyway. News flash: the world doesn't need any more ambient drone sound design! Sorry, that needed to be said. This synth is very capable, so it's sad to see everyone running around making creepy drone sounds like everyone on earth is blazed out of their mind 24/7 . Just try making a lovely, pleasant pad sound once in while. Imagine someone singing over the top of it while you design it. Take it easy on the modulation, it's not a contest to see who can use the most. There. See? That's not so hard, is it?

TonyVegas wrote:Delays like that are only used in "stoner patches" anyway. News flash: the world doesn't need any more ambient drone sound design! Sorry, that needed to be said. This synth is very capable, so it's sad to see everyone running around making creepy drone sounds like everyone on earth is blazed out of their mind 24/7 . Just try making a lovely, pleasant pad sound once in while. Imagine someone singing over the top of it while you design it. Take it easy on the modulation, it's not a contest to see who can use the most. There. See? That's not so hard, is it?
LOL, if you say so.

TonyVegas wrote:Delays like that are only used in "stoner patches" anyway. News flash: the world doesn't need any more ambient drone sound design! Sorry, that needed to be said. This synth is very capable, so it's sad to see everyone running around making creepy drone sounds like everyone on earth is blazed out of their mind 24/7 . Just try making a lovely, pleasant pad sound once in while. Imagine someone singing over the top of it while you design it. Take it easy on the modulation, it's not a contest to see who can use the most. There. See? That's not so hard, is it?

^ What he said ...LOL

Lets see some fat Bass patches...how bout that ?

More fun with Serum!
Here is a Bowed Vocal Patch.

A male voice being bowed and melodically playable.

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-synth-pa ... ocal-patch

Fjorko wrote:

^ What he said ...LOL

Lets see some fat Bass patches...how bout that ?
Where are the patches you two are creating? You could always create instead of criticize.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

There are soooooo many synthesizers with fantastic pad sounds that singers can sing over... why more of the same? It would be really nice to have some Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross/Cliff Martinez/Hans Zimmer type sounds instead of the normal bread and butter gm/techno/trance/house/dubstep stuff.
There's definitely a market for those kind of sonic left field sounds and Serum seems like the synth that could take us there.

Sex Lies and Videotapes
The Social Network
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
The Dark Knight
Drive
Inception

The sound from these films are what I would love to have... The Dark Zebra is a step in the right direction but the sounds aren't tough enough - even though they are from HZ.
Last edited by kelvyn on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

How come this sinth consumes so much CPU? Like Massive and Zebra put together!
And when you change oversampling from 4 to 1 CPU drops for only like 5-10%?!

Cheers!

I love long, evolving pads that can get way out there. My personal preferences (and I respect that they may vary from some) do not included tons of raspy, piercing leads and wobble basses. I think dubstep was interesting, but I think it's passe now. I'm not interested in the powerful, creative, and unique crop of beat makuh software that is available for the same reasons. I'm way too old to show up in a club and not look like an a55. If you're into it, go for it. I'm behind you. :party:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

I'm too old to go to clubs as well, but I love me some nasty bass.

Serum can definitely do it all. From nasty basses, dark atmospherics to lovely sounding pads and plucks. Really enjoying programming/creating presets in it.

Return to “Instruments”