G-Sonique Renegade

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Renegade

cain wrote:im picking it up to, will fit right in to my new projects im working on(jungle-break fusion) :)
I picked it up for the same reason (it fits so well with this little breakbeat project I've been messing with for ever).

I'm sure I didn't NEED it, but I've been having too much fun with the demo. 8)

Advantus is a nice synth. If you like saws, Advantus is the one! Yes, kind of spooky that it sounds similar to the Supwerwave series of synths.

I picked up the pair from G-Sonique. The sounds are nice, but it would have been awesome to have some MIDI assignable knobs, pitch-blend and mod wheel support. If you want to use just pre-sets, this synth is for you. If you like to tweak, hopefully the next version...

Piraino wrote:it would have been awesome to have some MIDI assignable knobs
I guess this is not a thing about plugin but about a sequencer used. I just click on "link to controller" in my FLstudio and with that I'm able to assign any parameter of Renegade directly to my midi keyboard's knob, all just in one click.

shaker wrote:
I guess this is not a thing about plugin but about a sequencer used. I just click on "link to controller" in my FLstudio and with that I'm able to assign any parameter of Renegade directly to my midi keyboard's knob, all just in one click.
Anyway it's supported in new v1.1 :)

shaker wrote:
shaker wrote:
Anyway it's supported in new v1.1 :)
Shaker is right, this is supported since 1.1

I bought the Renegade even though I hate the music they push it for. But it has a nice sound foundation and especially when turning off or using oscillator #1 sparsely, it can produce sounds one does not really expect from it. Like wet, sizzling pads or even soft digital piano sounds.

I wish they would invest more time in that synth and make it a serious contender. What needs improvement imho:
- the LFO is a joke, modulation is rudimentary
- the timings of the amp envelope are strange, too short
- osciallators cannot be tuned, only fine tuned (and that only on a scale from 0 to 10, i.e. not from -5 to +5 or something like that); some of the oscillator wave forms sound almost identical
- while the design is interesting, the labels are too small, hard to decipher
- high notes are not the strength of this synth, sometimes there are annoying noises at high frequencies, probably aliasing
- presets are crap if one is not into the genres of music they are pushing the synth for
- the demo version is a joke, testing it is as if they were trying to piss you off and make you not buy it, a rather irritating experience
- pitch bender and modulation wheel do not have any effect
- no display to show values
- many knobs behave in a strange way, anything but linear
- often notes simply get hacked off at the end of the release time, no smooth fading out

Despite all those drawbacks I bought the license because it costs only 20 Euros at the moment. And I don't really regret it, but I do hope they will update the synth soon so I feel I didn't waste even 20 Euros.
It is really a bit sad that that company has such odd ways, they could be much more successful. The Youtube demo video of a similar G-Sonique product is also a joke, that guy tries so desperately to sound American or cool, it is just embarrassing.

I also find it odd that G-Sonique did write the last comment in this thread,
but except for one they did not address any of the questions people were asking, for instance regarding the programming, as if they had something to hide.

Anyway, I haven't had much time for it yet, but here are four sound patches I did to demonstrate it can do more than the somewhat annoying factory presets:
http://soundcloud.com/user437270204/renegade-synth

They have nothing to hide, they are very busy with new projects. I like Renegade, I bought it a long time ago, and Alien303 is a cracking 303 emu, maybe not 100% like a 303 but does a great job for acid lines etc.

The effects they do are really top notch though, twisthead being a great example. They are clever guys tbh, and under-rated.

Dub heads should check out their Xbass plug-in.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I'll second (or third, or xth) G-soniques reputation as a maker of good and unique plugins. Renegade does what it does well despite a few flaws, and Twisthead is really good at warming stuff up. Their sales pitches can get a bit *facepalm* at times, with the little pitcures of chips representing their saturator and "analog" filter, but that saturator IS really good, and the filters are unique, so fair play. Their oscillators need some work, and Renegade needs a TON of little features (semitones, decent modulation, decent envelope, pitchbend, etc) before you could even dream of spending more than the current asking price. But as it stands it's a neat little package, and I imagine if I made more trance music I'd use it a lot more :)
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

OK, so Renegade LE is shipping with the October issue of Beat

LE of an already basic synth (that came out over six years ago), seems rather a lackluster deal :? But I guess they can't give away freebies like Mixcraft with every issue.

If this somehow is C++ why is there no mac version. If i had make such synth with c++ i would have made a mac version too. I think its Synthmaker. Not flowstone. Im basicly doing 3 new synths in FLowstone and they r little bit more complicated then this one :P But you never know mybe its c++ :P It doesent matter if its c++ or what ever it is. Just it has low cpu and usefull and good modulation. And of working. Or if your not a mac user then would be bit problem ;)

yobare wrote:If this somehow is C++ why is there no mac version. If i had make such synth with c++ i would have made a mac version too. I think its Synthmaker. Not flowstone. Im basicly doing 3 new synths in FLowstone and they r little bit more complicated then this one :P
This synth was first published back at the end of 2007, and I believe they used SynthMaker to create it.

I don't think it has been much updated after the release. Current release according to KVR database is 1.3 from Feb 2010, four and a half years ago.

Renegade is (IMO) a killer synth. It has an aggressive and edgy character that I really like. All that comes at a cost though (IIRC it was - is? - a bit demanding on CPU). Don't know how different the LE version is, but IMO it's well worth getting it.

On the other hand G-Sonique seems...dead. They've started with some really cool synths then suddenly stopped. I expected a lot more new instruments coming from them...

Last, but not least: at least Beat is releasing some synths (even if "simplified"); CM is really getting on my nerves with their effects...not a cool instrument since their 200 issue... I'm still waiting for a Nuklear CM for ex... now Renegade...pfff... in moments such as this I regret not knowing German...
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

idfpower wrote:Renegade is (IMO) a killer synth. It has an aggressive and edgy character that I really like. All that comes at a cost though (IIRC it was - is? - a bit demanding on CPU). Don't know how different the LE version is, but IMO it's well worth getting it.

On the other hand G-Sonique seems...dead. They've started with some really cool synths then suddenly stopped. I expected a lot more new instruments coming from them...
I had a playaround with Renegade earlier today, and it still delivers the goods :tu:

I was thinking in the line of the philosophy behind for example Audio Damage Basic, it is a straightforward no frills synth, that is easy to get to grips with.

G-Sonique still puts out stuff, and they contribute plugs to MixCraft for example.

Sold it, never looked back...
I remember that company in a negative way, they had that big-mouthed guy who always speaks as if her were American, while being from Eastern Europe...

Got the mag delivered today, and a nice surprise is that they have put a copy of the Tresor-5 distort effect alongside Renegade Beat version :tu:

http://www.123creative.com/music-produc ... ffect.html

Return to “Instruments”