XSRDO Patchwork modular

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kirsty roland wrote:(did you notice the chorus feedback knob does nothing :lol: )
Thank the lord for that, I thought I had gone deaf :lol:
:tu: All is good

kirsty roland wrote:For anybody struggling with v0.58 don't bother with it as I now know what the problem is.
The next v0.60+ release soon, is working OK.
Looking forward to that :)

Not getting the GUI to work in either FL Studio or SAVI host

kirsty roland wrote:The simple setup message box wants you to put the XSRDO folder where your host is running the .DLL from. I have absolutely no control over how your host program defines this!

If you want it done like other developers then I would need to use a 3rd party setup program to write data to your system registry which I don't want to do.
I understand, that's obviously not the point :) sure it takes one second to move a folder into another, but is a kinda weird behaving, as it's messy to have a XSRDO folder inside my Padshop pro (in my example, as other peeps have other directories shown).
Not arguing at all, just saying, no one is dying for this and the synth works in other hosts.

Anyway another strange thing I can tell that may be of help is that the version .51 (which I still have and tried to open side by side with the last one) is opened normally by Reaper, the gui is showing up without problems, but not on this new version .62, as is asking to put the folder in Padshop dir as said.
Maybe you changed something related to this from 0.51 to 0.62 that now is causing this. Or is all random :D...cannot know :shrug:
kirsty roland wrote: Today I made an arpeggiator 8)
Super cool! Looking forward it :tu:

Thanks as always Mr.Xsrdo ;)
Greets

@Numanoid 0.62 is out ! the link is further up.

kirsty roland wrote: If you want it done like other developers then I would need to use a 3rd party setup program to write data to your system registry which I don't want to do.
I don't think there's a need to write in the registry. For example, all SE synths have a folder in the same directory the DLL is with the files needed for it to run. Sure, this directory is created by the DLL itself, the first time it is launched, but the behaviour is consistent, and host independent. Can't you just define the directory the DLL is as the one where it should look for the files? That way, everyone would know where to put the files, and it wouldn't change with every host.
Fernando (FMR)

kirsty roland wrote:Patchwork Modular System (beta 0.62)
http://www.datafilehost.com/d/079d5bac
Thanks found it :tu:

It would be cool if you also could update the first post in this thread with the latest download link, as it is easist to find it there :wink:

The first posting in the thread now links to the KVR database profile, and the link there points to the download for v058

Really nicely done Kirsty Roland!

It would be cool if in addition to the 'plain vanilla' 12 and 24 db filters, there were different filter types such as the steiner-parker, moog ladder, juno, tb303, sh101 filter types for example.

it would be fantastic to be able to move the modules around.

also, It would be really slick if the sound continued while plugging or unplugging modules.

Numanoid wrote: ...The first posting in the thread now links to the KVR database profile, and the link there points to the download for v058
That has nothing to do with me. Someone called Mr Ben at Kvr sent me an email saying he had set it up and copied some things off my website without even asking my permission.
He's a very naughty boy :lol:

Kirsty

overhishead wrote:Really nicely done Kirsty Roland!

It would be cool if in addition to the 'plain vanilla' 12 and 24 db filters, there were different filter types such as the steiner-parker, moog ladder, juno, tb303, sh101 filter types for example.
Thank you. More modules including filters will be available after v1.0
overhishead wrote:it would be fantastic to be able to move the modules around.
Click and drag on a module title :wink:
overhishead wrote: also, It would be really slick if the sound continued while plugging or unplugging modules.
It's programmed to stop the audio on purpose in case you connect something naughty like a noise
source
to an output and reck your speakers.

Kirsty

Unable to download the latest version (065). There is no files...

Hi all

Version 0.65

Features
- 20 virtual 'racks' (with more planned for the future)
- More than 37 virtual 'modules'
- Insert any module into any rack
- Insert multiple modules
- Movable modules
- Use of 3rd party skins, waveforms, wavetables and samples
- Three track analog style sequencer
- Built in waveform & wavetable editor
- Low CPU usage
- Real virtual modular synthesizer

Free download http://xsrdo.net16.net/

The next update will be some time as I am moving house
so no free WiFi access for a few months.

Kirsty :)

This thing is amazing!
ok, the filters and OSCs are definitely not the most ''analogue sounding'' ones, but i just downloaded and tried it, and i admire the work you've put into it. the wavetable editor is brilliant and the whole synth asks for experimentation the way very few softwares do. still fighting with a few things i don't grasp yet (i am too lazy to read manuals...) but this is definitely a keeper. thanks again for this instrument.
It's not what you use, it's how you use it...

The download is not working. I have unticked the download manager and the page is asking me to install some third party plugin :?
:tu: All is good

caecos wrote:Unable to download the latest version (065). There is no files...
Oh really :roll:
The download works perfectly.
Data file host shows 36 downloads in half an hour with no problems.
I use Ubuntu + Firefox for all my Internet access.

Kirsty

The download works perfectly.
Perhaps you have some Windows internet explorer problem.
I use Ubuntu + Firefox for all my Internet access.

Kirsty

Return to “Modular Synthesis”