---

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Everyone knows it's every second Windows version that actually works properly.

This time MS decided to skip that version ;)

At 1st I seriously thought this was a joke ? Looks nice like a well polished Linux distro or Android ..... But , why can't Microsoft find another way of making money . It took along time for people to get off XP , and now I'm wondering if they are gonna force us off Windows 7 , I hear support is supposed to end for 7 soon and I don't really feel like using 8 8.1 9 or the 10 beta ..... So I guess it'll stay off the net even more so .

finally admit that metro sucks on an actual PC.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fedexnman wrote:Looks nice like a well polished Linux distro
The worst unpolished Windows version ever, looks 100000 times better than the best most polished Linux distro.

a.k.a "we seem to keep f**king up our os, so how about you tell us what you want BEFORE we f**k it up again"

Chapelle wrote:
fedexnman wrote:I'm wondering if they are gonna force us off Windows 7 , I hear support is supposed to end for 7 soon
Support for Windows 7 ends January 14, 2020; so, not really soon. :wink:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/lifecycle
73 versions of OSX will vanish into thin air in that time and no one will say shit.

Chapelle wrote:
fedexnman wrote:I'm wondering if they are gonna force us off Windows 7 , I hear support is supposed to end for 7 soon
Support for Windows 7 ends January 14, 2020; so, not really soon. :wink:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/lifecycle
Oh good then .... Thx

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:a.k.a "we seem to keep f**king up our os, so how about you tell us what you want BEFORE we f**k it up again"
I've been beta testing MS stuff for geez .. 20 years. You can submit those suggestions all day without impact. People begged for individual excel docs since they killed it in the first MS Office big update... Finally Office 2013 .. 20 years later. The #1 request for Outlook was newgroups for 20 years, then when news groups were finally outdated, WOOHOO News Groups. But hey, these are the crappiest, most useless possible implementation of news groups ever, but you asked for it. Then during 7 ... people absolutely revolted against Metro on the desktop. It's the most vocal and abusive I've ever seen it get.

SJ_Digriz wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:a.k.a "we seem to keep f**king up our os, so how about you tell us what you want BEFORE we f**k it up again"
I've been beta testing MS stuff for geez .. 20 years. You can submit those suggestions all day without impact. People begged for individual excel docs since they killed it in the first MS Office big update... Finally Office 2013 .. 20 years later. The #1 request for Outlook was newgroups for 20 years, then when news groups were finally outdated, WOOHOO News Groups. But hey, these are the crappiest, most useless possible implementation of news groups ever, but you asked for it. Then during 7 ... people absolutely revolted against Metro on the desktop. It's the most vocal and abusive I've ever seen it get.
yeah, but i'm betting that the metro debacle has really got them ready to listen...REALLY listen. at least it only took them a few years to get OS X desktops/spaces

i will be on the lookout for a windows os at some point, so i can 'bootcamp' it. it would have been w7, but for the reduced shelf-life. problem is that everything since is just an ugly mess. while OS X does borrow some elements from it's iOS experience, they aren't front-and-centre, and aren't obligatory. windows seems to be building their os's, from the ground up, as a social media hub. OS X has all of this also, but it seems to be much better hidden. hopefully, the future windows os's will be able to be stripped back....a lot

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:windows seems to be building their os's, from the ground up, as a social media hub. OS X has all of this also, but it seems to be much better hidden. hopefully, the future windows os's will be able to be stripped back....a lot
I am an MS supporter, so don't take this as bashing .. just more like admitting everyone has their dirty laundry.

I think MS got jealous of the Apple vertical integration and stranglehold on OS transactions. They were desperately trying to find a way lock in the developers they had turned loose. Wasn't gonna happen. To be honest I think this is another instance of them being TOO early. They f**ked up tablets really early on ... long before Apple even thought about it. But, when they got popular, took far too long to get in the game. Then tried to use Apples lock in approach instead of leveraging the open architecture concept that let Android take over the market. MS could have had the Android share, but were too busy trying to lock everything down. IMO of course.

I won't be surprised if OS interfaces look metroish 20 years from now, when all devices are touch and voice. But, the apps behind the interface won't be force fed dumbed down, nearly useless versions of real applications.

Boys and girls, can you say cluster f*ck? :?

SJ_Digriz wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:windows seems to be building their os's, from the ground up, as a social media hub. OS X has all of this also, but it seems to be much better hidden. hopefully, the future windows os's will be able to be stripped back....a lot
I am an MS supporter, so don't take this as bashing .. just more like admitting everyone has their dirty laundry.

I think MS got jealous of the Apple vertical integration and stranglehold on OS transactions. They were desperately trying to find a way lock in the developers they had turned loose. Wasn't gonna happen. To be honest I think this is another instance of them being TOO early. They f**ked up tablets really early on ... long before Apple even thought about it. But, when they got popular, took far too long to get in the game. Then tried to use Apples lock in approach instead of leveraging the open architecture concept that let Android take over the market. MS could have had the Android share, but were too busy trying to lock everything down. IMO of course.

I won't be surprised if OS interfaces look metroish 20 years from now, when all devices are touch and voice. But, the apps behind the interface won't be force fed dumbed down, nearly useless versions of real applications.
i don't think ms f**ked tablets by being too early, they just don't seem to be able to capture the imagination like apple does. ms think that people want more features, and a more pc-like experience etc, but that just means more complication. what people really seem to want (at least in their handheld devices) is simplicity. there are many frustrations that come with the apple way of doing things, but i think that most of those are of little concern to most phone/tablet users. apple got granny's emailing grandchildren, and playing 'angry birds'. and i get it. i would love some more options wrt to a more open file management system, otherwise i wouldn't change my iOS experience

android is just a mess to me. i had an android tablet long before an iPad, and it just ended up unused in a draw. android's market share is just down to price point

So, windows 10 is the new windows 7? :lol: "hey guys, we added back the features everyone loved and call it something new" :nutter:

God I love windows 7, I love it so much, I can't imagine life w/o it.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”