Whats on your hardware wishlist for christmas?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd like a better pair of monitor, maybe a good big mixer for tracking synths (or a soundcard with more inputs and some decent external preamps), a new Macbook (mine is old, it's from late 2008... I'm not using it for music production, but still I'd like a new one), a drum machine and a sampler, a dj rig (turntables, analog mixer, timecode records and a soundcard). A few good pedals (a MoogerFooger MF-104M?) would be nice, too. And also some rack devices. And I'd like also a MS-20 Mini.

There are two big problems, though:
- I definitely can't afford all these items.
- There's not enough space for all of them in my room, anyway.

To be honest, I already spent a lot during the past months, so I'm not likely to buy anything soon... now I just need to tighten up my setup and start making music, so I'll try to avoid the distraction of new gear (except for a midi to cv converter, which I'm going to build very soon, and maybe a few very small utility-items).
So, no real plans at the moment, though I'm still dreaming of gears.

Nothing on my wishlist, although I keep perusing craigslist and stopping in Guitar Center to see what kind of used stuff is out there. Got my eyes on something at one of my local GC's right now...and potentially returning my BS II to get it. I'll sleep on it.

ImNotDedYet wrote:...returning my BS II...
Bass Station II? Why return it?

e@rs wrote:

To get something else, wasn't that clear?

Time to make my music is biggest on my wish list. Too much work. Next would be a used Virus C or T1.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

ImNotDedYet wrote:...and potentially returning my BS...
I can think of a lot of BS I would like to return too. Problem is most people like to give it but don't like getting it back ;)

The newest mac mini if it comes got the i pad air maybe needed to wait a bit i don't regret it its awesome ! Maybe as well some new synths but have to try more this time till now i never used the maximum of the gear bought !

Another thing I would like is the Roland A-800 Pro keyboard, so if i can't get the funds for a Push i'll probably pick this up instead to replace my Akai LPK25 *cough*
:borg:

ghettosynth wrote:
e@rs wrote:

Very clear. But I was interested in what he didn't like about it actually.

e@rs wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
e@rs wrote:

Very clear. But I was interested in what he didn't like about it actually.
The biggest reason - to me, the sounds are very "meh." They're sounds, for the most part I feel like I could make with soft synths, at least for leads. (not for the basslines -it's certainly unique in that regard) I loved the dual octave subs and the fact you can use different wave types for the subs. I also really liked the different filtering capabilities, distortion/overdrive/fm of the oscillator and the ability to make it "scream." I also really like the arp on the BS II, and before I had my Sub 37, I thought I might keep it with the arp being a main reason, but the Sub 37 has removed my need for the arp in the BS II. (even though I really like the BS II arp more based on what I've seen from the Sub 37's arp - which I haven't really given a thorough frisking) But, I've got an MS-20 Mini, a Sub 37, and I just found for mono leads I've got plenty covered with sounds I really enjoy with those two. (if I want a bit gritty, I can go MS20, rich/smooth, the Moog, and if I can also do a lot of the "scream-y" type stuff with the Sub37 if I chose to) For bass, I love the richness of the Moog even though it's sub is lacking some of the functionality of the BS II. I _try_ to make deep house, so making big, "screamy"-type sounds that the BS II is capable of and which somewhat fills a whole in my current hardware isn't really a sound I could see using in my music. And the Sub 37 has taken the BS II out of the equation for basslines as well. (freakin' Moog, always taking a piss on the little guy ;))

I happen to think it's a fantastic synth and can certainly appreciate all the love and great reviews it's gotten. It packs a WHOLE LOT of punch for the price. Trust me, I've tried and tried to like it. I wanted to like it enough to warrant keeping it. But when it comes down to it and I pull out a hardware synth...I always wind up with the MS-20 Mini or the Sub 37. I basically used the BS II as a smaller, more portable MIDI controller and that was about it.

So...there's my reasoning for returning the BS II. And in all fairness to this great, little guy...I pretty much decided since I got the MS-20 Mini and the BS II about the same time, I would demo them since I had 60 days and take one back. I mean...who needs two analog monos? Then, I convinced myself to keep them both...until the Sub37 fell into my posession. And seriously...who needs three analog monos? ;)
Last edited by ImNotDedYet on Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

STG Mankato Filter in MU
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

I want a nord stage 2

SJ_Digriz wrote:STG Mankato Filter in MU
A good choice :tu:

Rumor has it that Suit's going to do another run of Mankatos in Eurorack format soon. I should ask him; I'd love to have one in my rig.

ew
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:STG Mankato Filter in MU
A good choice :tu:

Rumor has it that Suit's going to do another run of Mankatos in Eurorack format soon. I should ask him; I'd love to have one in my rig.

ew
My last modular purchase was a PCB and panel for a SEM VCF. Took me awhile to build it, but done it is .. So time for the next filter!
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”