Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I picked up a PRS "Paul's Guitar" on Sunday. Honestly, I expected better. :shrug:

Elaborate please

hibidy wrote:Elaborate please
I'm afraid to give any specifics that might offend people. :-|

Uncle E wrote:
hibidy wrote:Elaborate please
I'm afraid to give any specifics that might offend people. :-|
:hihi:

I can't speak for others but being jelly is a turn on here. Those guys over at sevenstring get the most INSANE guitars one after the other. I always give a like, but sounds to me like yours isn't really cutting it. That's a bummer if so. Such a beautiful guitar!

hibidy wrote:sounds to me like yours isn't really cutting it. That's a bummer if so. Such a beautiful guitar!
Oh, sorry, when I said "picked up", I meant I literally picked it up off the wall and played it for 30 minutes. I didn't buy it. Things are going well over here at JRR but not that well. ;)

HAHAHAHA! wow, I thought you bought it. Ok, hibidy not reading between the lines......

I'm really diggin the new, PRS S2 semi-hollow models just out 8)

I'm sweet on this one, in particular

Wow, that really looks nice! Edit, are those USA?

USA-built anyway; pups and parts are Korean. So, it keeps costs down to $1500. By the time you replace bridge, pups, and parts to USA PRS you would be near the price of a full Custom 22 :?

But yeah, the look and sound amazing!

Man, they'd NEVER have something like that at a local shop here (just junk, except for my strat, that was a good pickup)

blueman wrote:USA-built anyway; pups and parts are Korean. So, it keeps costs down to $1500. By the time you replace bridge, pups, and parts to USA PRS you would be near the price of a full Custom 22 :?
That's interesting. I like the look of the S2 Mira. Personally, there are a lot of pickups I prefer over PRS pickups so that's not such a big deal to me.

I did a lot of comparative online listening between the prs semi hollow and my Raven West 450. I'm preferring the 450 fuller warmer jazz tones though not as aggressive.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

PRS semi-hollows certainly do sound different from Gibson ES-335's. Some people might prefer the PRS clarity, others might prefer the Gibson woodiness. Personally, I don't think I could live with an ES-335 as my only guitar but it can be a lot of fun.

I used to have a Japanese Epiphone Sheraton, back from when Gibson first started doing them and before the manufacturing got moved to Korea. That was an amazing guitar, one of the best I've ever had, especially for the $400 that I paid for it. GAS and youth made me believe I could get something better, sigh...

I sold my PRS to a certain someone here on these forums because I didn't get on with the neck. I wish I could play one of the S2 since I've gotten used to thicker necks (the Carvin is pretty thick overall)

Still probably wouldn't fit my hands to well though, but man, it's a looker!

hibidy wrote:I sold my PRS to a certain someone here on these forums
haha! That's funny, I forgot I got it from you. I ended up swapping in zebra pickups from another SE, putting on ebony tuner knobs, and changing the knobs to clear ones. It looked like an expensive US model, all for around $15 in mods. :)

Anyone looking for second hand guitars, definitely check with hibidy because he keeps his stuff in very nice condition. :)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”