Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

camsr wrote:Let's say, JUST FOR A WORRISOME EXAMPLE, that Cytomic went the same way Kjaerhus did, disappeared into thin air. This would mean that the plugin would no longer install "legitimately". Nobody wants a repeat of that C/R fiasco. What guarantee can you give, Andy, that above all controllable circumstances (no meteors IOW :facepalm:) users will be able to authorize and install your plugins?
Im able to authorise and use my plugins
Amazon: why not use an alternative

masterhiggins wrote:Could you give us some hints to whet our appetites? Perhaps a PPG filter (hint hint)? :)
+1

I'd love to hear about future project ideas!

Any chance of a Diva type synth? And would a CS-80 emulation be possible? Or is it too much for today's computing power?

One thing I'd really like would be an analog distortion unit using this circuit simulation.

andy-cytomic wrote:
camsr wrote:Let's say, JUST FOR A WORRISOME EXAMPLE, that Cytomic went the same way Kjaerhus did, disappeared into thin air. This would mean that the plugin would no longer install "legitimately". Nobody wants a repeat of that C/R fiasco. What guarantee can you give, Andy, that above all controllable circumstances (no meteors IOW :facepalm:) users will be able to authorize and install your plugins?
I'm a little busy to cover it again right now, please read back through the thread :tu:
PS: the short answer is "yes"
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

I'm more worried about what happens in the event of Nuclear War. :o

Power grids go down and nothing I've ever done on a computer even exists anymore. Oh, and I won't be able to use any of my plugins. I think I'll go buy a real piano today.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:
I'm more worried about what happens in the event of Nuclear War. :o

Power grids go down and nothing I've ever done on a computer even exists anymore. Oh, and I won't be able to use any of my plugins. I think I'll go buy a real piano today.
Andy has a backup auth server on the Moon just in case every town and city in the world gets nuked.

Kaboom75 wrote:Andy has a backup auth server on the Moon just in case every town and city in the world gets nuked.
The Moon gets 3.8cm further away from Earth each year, and could eventually leave Earth's orbit. Although it'd take millions of years.

But then, one day our Sun will become a red giant, and swallow up both the Moon and Earth, thus destroying BOTH of the back up servers. This will happen in a few billion years.

At this point, I will be annoyed that I can't use a plugin that I paid good money for.

So after a few billion years I have to buy The Drop again? Dam it I'm saving for an 8 core i7.

Eta Carinae wrote:
Kaboom75 wrote:Andy has a backup auth server on the Moon just in case every town and city in the world gets nuked.
The Moon gets 3.8cm further away from Earth each year, and could eventually leave Earth's orbit. Although it'd take millions of years.

But then, one day our Sun will become a red giant, and swallow up both the Moon and Earth, thus destroying BOTH of the back up servers. This will happen in a few billion years.

At this point, I will be annoyed that I can't use a plugin that I paid good money for.
LOL! Thanks for making me smile on a rather busy day :)

billcarroll wrote:I'm more worried about what happens in the event of Nuclear War. :o

Make sure it's made out of porcelain... and diamond extruded strings... I wonder what the half-life of optimism is... I'm getting depressed...

I got bit by Kjaerhus (never was able to reinstall the last version of MPL-1...) and not a C/R purchase goes by that I don't think of that and wonder if I'll ever be stuck in that limbo again. I think everyone has great intentions but no one can tell what can happen. Eventually though, without active support, a plugin will eventually stop working after certain number of host or OS changes even if authorized. So you could just call it "early retirement"... :shrug:

i'm ready for tomorrow :)
The new drop :D

Eta Carinae wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:Could you give us some hints to whet our appetites? Perhaps a PPG filter (hint hint)? :)
+1

I'd love to hear about future project ideas!

Any chance of a Diva type synth? And would a CS-80 emulation be possible? Or is it too much for today's computing power?

One thing I'd really like would be an analog distortion unit using this circuit simulation.
haha drop not out yet but
A Roland SH-2 would be nice & not too complex or heavy but i think maybe a big poly synth like a cs-80 jupiter or OB-X.

Looking forwards to this.

Just ordered. :hyper:

Member for
11 min 13 sec

Today's the day

Tell me it's beautiful

Rah wrote:Today's the day

Tell me it's beautiful
It's all going well, there will be a release today. I found a little bug with the BPM synced LFO times not recalling properly last night, so I'm a little behind on where I wanted to be, but its all fixed now and I'm back to finalising the presets, I'll probably not have time to update the manual right now, but I'll do that after release. I've got the youtube intro video which is of more use than the manual anyway :tu:

Return to “Effects”