VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

The low CPU use is mucho fantastico!
GUI feels snappier too. :tu:
ImageImageImageImage

PRO-Q is on every of my production and my goto-EQ. I was holding out for AirEQ2 but Pro-Q2 made it obsolete I think. Will get it soon, thanks Fabfilter, you rock!

Pro Q-2.01 is now availble, changes listed below

http://www.fabfilter.com/news/141111360 ... 201-update

fill yer boots

Hi all,

We just published a new Hands-On session exploring five of the new features in Pro-Q 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7GxwYww_W4

Thanks,

Lee du-Caine
Editor
Computer Music magazine

Great. Waiting for the review in CM. Probably the first product ever rated 11/10?

When is a product in CM not rated higher than 8/10 these days?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:When is a product in CM not rated higher than 8/10 these days?
Yeah... I take their reviews with a ton of salt... Meh.

But FF Pro - Q2 is a lovely plugin. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I just hope to be able to buy the upgrade this month.
This EQ is fantastic.

Any idea how long the upgrade price will remain for existing pro-q owners? I'd love to get it but cant afford it at the moment.

lesha wrote:
EngineersMate wrote:However, Pro-Q usually gets sidelined for the Apqualisr, just because it sounds so great. Maybe this upgrade will change that.
Apqualisr???
It is a really great and keenly priced EQ that covers pretty much any ground a static EQ ought to, It is by apulSoft and goes by the name apQualizr, For 49 euros it is exceptional value for money. YMMV though

http://www.apulsoft.ch/apqualizr/

The flaws being the 64-bit updates are not final, However it works solid for me personally in both 32-bit and 64-bit plus bridged. apTrigga is another under looked gem for kick drum layering/replacement

Would like to see both come alive again

Hope that is useful and best to all as always

Dean
Novalis wrote:Can bands be set to LR and MS mode at the same time, or can one switch to MS only per instance of the plug-in?
BDeep wrote:That would be per instance of the plugin.
That is a shame, Probably deal breaker for me on this one despite how sexy and appealing Dan's velvet voice may well be, I am in no way a sales man for any developer, However if that features is important to you Novalis then the above mentioned apQualizr comes highly recommended. I don't have a lot of money at the moment as I've just moved house, I didn't pickup Pro-Q first time around and don't have enough to make a discount on Pro-Q2 worth it for me personally. I love you Dan mate and as usual a superb presentation of a plugin, You're getting better each time man :D

Dean

As I can see, apQualizr can't set M/S mode per band, only per plugin instance.

Toneboosters TB Equalizer can do both M/S and L/R per bands in one plugin instance.
"Each filter section can also be configured to run in stereo, left only, right only, mid only, or side only."
It's easy if you know how

DaveColdDivide wrote:Any idea how long the upgrade price will remain for existing pro-q owners? I'd love to get it but cant afford it at the moment.
I believe it's indefinite. They would've stated it if it were otherwise. :)

New update is out...

http://www.fabfilter.com/news/141839280 ... liday-sale

What's new in Pro-Q 2.02?
Added Retina support on OS X and High DPI support on Windows.
Introducing Solo Gain. While soloing a band, you can now adjust the listening gain by moving the mouse up and down.
Fixed a bug that caused the Gain Scale slider (in the output section) not to work in Linear Phase mode, and improved its behavior in Natural Phase mode.

Really great to see a developer supporting high DPI. I bought a 4K monitor over summer thinking it would improve matters with such a large resolution only to find it made everything far too small and while some apps allow resizing and windows itself does plugins are a nightmare! Anyway thanks to FabFilter for leading the way

There seems to be a PDC bug in Q2, I just used the Linear Phase mode with the highest latency settings as I always did with Q1 when editing samples, Q2 does not report the latency to the host when inserted on a Bus in Logic 9 (unlike in Q1 where this works perfectly), so all samples start with a long silence and have truncated endings after the bounce. Will test in LogicX next.

Return to “Effects”