Shreddage Classic Expansion, NOW AVAILABLE for Shreddage 2 starting at $25.

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shreddage Classic Expansion for S2X

I'm very pleased to announce the release of "Shreddage Classic", a total conversion of the original Shreddage 1 Complete library (that's Shreddage 1 + Shreddage X) to the shiny new Shreddage 2X engine! We've ported all of the original audio from that library and made it more flexible and better than ever. Now you can use awesome S2 engine features like Kontakt Player compatibility, custom articulation mapping, keyswitching, full FX rack, drop G tuning, quad-tracking and much more... :band:

For those who didn't use Shreddage 1, here's what to expect in terms of samples:

FEATURES
* Deep sampled Gibson SG Standard - a very aggressive sound perfect for rhythm playing
* Single note & powerchord sustains and palm mutes of different levels
* Tremolo and vibrato samples
* Wide pinch squeals AND harmonics
* True portamento slides for single notes + powerchords
* Scripted hammer-on/pull-off
* Up to 8x RR (4x up 4x down) per note
* ~3 octave range for single notes, 2 octave for powerchords
* All UI features from Shreddage 2X (minus fretboard, as S1 did not utilize multiple string samples per note)

PRICE/ AVAILABILITY
This is a Shreddage 2 expansion, meaning you must own S2 to use it. S2 owners can pick it up for $39, while those of you who own the original Shreddage 1 Complete can upgrade for only $25.

Get Shreddage Classic HERE!

DEMOS
Note: These demos were created with the original Shreddage 1, so you can do all this AND more with Shreddage Classic!

https://soundcloud.com/isworks/sets/shr ... on-for-s2x

VIDEO OVERVIEW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t13-tE8QzHY
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I could go on all day about how exciting this is but I'll skip that. It's implied.
So just to be perfectly clear, no extra samples to equate Shreddage 2's sample pool will be recorded right?
I don't really mind terribly, I'm just curious to have a better idea of what to expect.
Also, what exactly did you mean by "nor does it have individual string samples"?
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

Currently writing a Vocaloid EP.
youtube.com/user/darkflamesquirrel

This expansion is a totally different sample pool, correct - is that what you were asking about?

When I say no individual string samples, what I mean is that for each pitch, there is ONE set of samples recorded on one fret & string. In S2, we recorded every fret and every string, so the same pitch was recorded on multiple strings in some cases.

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Shreddage 1's sound is to die for. This is totally mind blowing announcement!

I meant are there plans to record more samples for Shreddage X so this redone version has approximately as many samples as Shreddage 2? I don't think there will be but I'm asking just in case :b
Cockos Reaper | VSTi Metal | Vocal Synths | Shreddage 2 Fanboy | VSTi Guitar Enthusiast

No new samples for this release, although we are incorporating things like extra pick functionality, pick offset and sustain resonance (much like S2)

Hey hey, Shreddage Classic is now available!! I for one am really excited about this. While I love the tone of S2, the sound of S1 has that extra edge making it really nice for harsh riffs. I stopped using it because the original patches were so clunky.... not anymore! :D

Don't forget to watch my video in the original post, showing what it looks AND sounds like compared to Shreddage 2, and the original S1 Complete.

Shreddage Classic is available now starting at $25 for Shreddage 1 owners!

I thought more people here would be interested in this! Anyone using it? What are your thoughts? *I'm* pretty psyched, personally... :-)

Bought it yesterday and testing it out today.
With anti-repetition enabled, the sample mapping is all over the place wrong...

Wow, no idea how that crept in after testing. Looks like I had a variable wrong.. doh. Here's a corrected patch which will be included with new copies going forward.

http://impactsoundworks.com/Updates/Shr ... %20S2X.nki

Your welcome!

I'm surprised this doesn't have a ton of replies actually. I'd buy it immediately but I'm not able to just yet.

Just got the Black Friday email and noticed this. Wow. Have to buy this asap. So cool :)
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

Bought this some time ago, IMO compared to S2 it sounds wider, and custom chords sound more realistic.
I didn't even know this was possible using SX's sample pool.
Mad impressed, you guys taught an old dog new tricks. Really wondering what the next expansion will be like.

Few issues though.
1. Quad-tracking. The unpitched release noises playing in the middle. I'm assuming they're same samples cancelling each other out. Recording more is out of the question, so could you do a slight detune trick to widen them? They're unpitched so the means seem feasible enough.

2. Lower notes of all artics tend to cancel each other out more frequently. Actually, same problem with S2. Any way to fix this without constantly resetting rr's? Constant resetting RR gives me a machine gun effect.

Other than those issues I'm a happy customer.

Problem: when 'never repeat' is selected there seem to be samples missing... about 2 or so per note, so It works most of the time, but I hear blanks on each side intermittently!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”