New Electribes

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote:tbh, I thought it would have been announced by now. Shouldn't be long.
I think we're allowed to say now. I posted about it in another forum :)

I posted about it in another forum :)
this post qualifies for the most pathetic post of the day! :roll:

dermichl wrote:
I posted about it in another forum :)
this post qualifies for the most pathetic post of the day! :roll:
Haha, you know it :tu:

d-s-m wrote:I'm starting to sway towards the synth version rather than the sampler now, that KingKorg engine sounds really nice. Plus I heard the sampler version can only read 999 samples? Although I'll wait till they actually get released and read the reviews before I decide.
I don't think that's particularly limiting for something of this nature. I think there should be more concern about the- max. 24 voice limit of the devices, especially since the insert FX type also seems to affect the amount of maximum voices.

The main issue with the Sampler, if it's the same as the ESX-1, is not the number of samples you can load into RAM but the fact that you can't stream them from the SD card. Not for playback, and not even to demo them while browsing to choose which samples to load into your current project. You have to load them from the card without hearing them first. It doesn't even recognise folders so you also have a long list of thousands of samples to scroll through, and if the samples are organised into project/song files (the only way to give them some meaningful structure) you can't even see the name of the individual files (or hear them) to choose which to load into your current song. You're literally loading stuff blind.

iDesignSound wrote:
Uncle E wrote:tbh, I thought it would have been announced by now. Shouldn't be long.
Just searched for arturia related news and nothing, can you let us in on the news??

iDesignSound wrote:The main issue with the Sampler, if it's the same as the ESX-1, is not the number of samples you can load into RAM but the fact that you can't stream them from the SD card. Not for playback, and not even to demo them while browsing to choose which samples to load into your current project. You have to load them from the card without hearing them first. It doesn't even recognise folders so you also have a long list of thousands of samples to scroll through, and if the samples are organised into project/song files (the only way to give them some meaningful structure) you can't even see the name of the individual files (or hear them) to choose which to load into your current song. You're literally loading stuff blind.
Yes thats fact but with the Red u can record audio in from ur mac pc and resample it with the electribe witch actually make it interesting and can add some tickness and grid to the samples u already work at ur perfect sounding daw..
Last edited by lacandon on Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

idfpower wrote:Interesting...so it's about Microbrute, not the Mini...very interesting :) There's just one thing that prevents me from getting one (dear Santa, please make it true)... same goes fro the Rocket (I know, different brand)...man, I hate waiting for good news :)
I had a Minibrute and a Rocket, and I found the Rocket to be a much more interesting and fun piece of gear. I only sold the Rocket because I encountered a space issue. I sold the Minibrute because it just wasn't working for me sonically.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Some of you might find this redit AMA with James Pullen a.k.a. Mistabishi interesting ... he covers quite a lot of ground, and provides some info about the new Electribes:

http://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/co ... ng_thread/

For those who don't know who Mistabishi is, check out his music, much of which is performed live on Electribes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkuLzsDduiI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiZYa78PMGI
... space is the place ...

iDesignSound wrote:The main issue .. is .. that you can't stream them from the SD card.
is SD fast enough for this? :?: :?:

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Some of you might find this redit AMA with James Pullen a.k.a. Mistabishi interesting ... he covers quite a lot of ground, and provides some info about the new Electribes:

http://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/co ... ng_thread/
Just had a quick skim through that AMA and he mentions the possibility of being able to put the opposite OS on to the other device (i.e. putting the sampler OS on to the synth, and vice versa) and getting the functionality of both? That would be amazing if it happens.

That AMA has convinced me to get one :)

iDesignSound wrote:
and which one? (so we don't have to hijack this thread any further ;) )

mztk wrote:
iDesignSound wrote:The main issue .. is .. that you can't stream them from the SD card.
is SD fast enough for this? :?: :?:
I don't know about SD cards for audio streaming but the Octatrack uses a CompactFlash to stream samples and it works fine.

The last ESX-1 had an SD card and didn't stream from disk.

stevemac wrote:
iDesignSound wrote:
Just searched for arturia related news and nothing, can you let us in on the news??
The Microbrute SE will come in pastel colours and Tip Top style CV cables. Will be available soon. Only 4,000 units. Think will cost £20-£30 pounds more than regular version.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”