Loud noise when switching presets in Polysynth

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was switching presets in Polysynth and suddenly very loud noise appear from output...I'm scary to use bitwig now :(

Last edited by vientemusic on Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There have been some reports of a bug with the compressor causing something like this; even if both these bugs were fixed though you still wouldn't know if another bug is going to popup, and you can't account for plugs either. It would seem that an automute is needed.

Way back when, I got in the habit of always dropping a limiter on any track I suspected may go kafloopie.

I learned this in the days of live music with a guitar player that just LOVEd feedback :hihi:

Today, I use a lot of limiters. ;)

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Reduce your buffer size when this is happening! Everything > 256 is evil ;)

My buffer is at 1024 something. IT does not matter. yesterday I reported a similar bug, while using sampler and the dynamic plugin. I never produce under my speaker highest lvl, so no clipping as hard as it gets would harm anything ever while composition or sound design. Its a reasl bug, happens while using polysynth too. Its a big deal btw.

Already reported this to Bitwig - they are aware of it.

Polysynth preset "Classic Polysnth" clips ramdonly while using x chords, happens a lot here when I use F#m chord. Do it like in 1/8 notes or maybe just like in 1/4 notes. Can someone confirm? ... low ytour volumens or at least use a peak limiter.

Bitwig version 1.0.14 last stable release.

Edit: No use of it in the forum maybe I should send it to tech support only, these threads show be about talking Bitwig stuff not reporting bugs, shouldnt it?

Tech-Support for sure, but it's totally fine to discuss the problem here as well and see if it can be reproduced and maybe clear steps can be provided to make it happen (or a project file that does it). That helps the devs tremendously.

Thanks!

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

As i wrote earlier: Make sure, your Buffer Size is set LOWER than 512 bytes and you shouldn't get this. It may still be a bit machine dependant, but this is usually caused by too big buffers, 1024 is NO GOOD.

Oh, and, uh, support has its eyes and ears everywhere. Its just that you guys are so great at finding all the little bugs and sending us hundreds of feature requests - we have quite some work to do :clap:

So, please excuse some things taking a bit longer now and then. :wink:

dsan@mail.com wrote:Way back when, I got in the habit of always dropping a limiter on any track I suspected may go kafloopie.

I learned this in the days of live music with a guitar player that just LOVEd feedback :hihi:

Today, I use a lot of limiters. ;)

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Ice9 is great for this.

http://www.cerberusaudio.com/Software/Products/Ice9/

Return to “Bitwig”