MPower Synth Hard Sync

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, I'll look forward to the example ;). And please make it "analytic", so I can check what's "inside it".
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote:Huh? And what on earth the hard sync would be for???
Lol, i wonder what this question means coming from you, Sync is something that was/is available
on every single synth since the first hardware up to the latest release on VST now...unless i am
missing something, lol.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Well, we also used casette recorders to store software on and that doesn't mean we should use it now :D.
Please send me an audio example ;). Right now I see nothing interesting about this, and to be honest I didn't notice this anywhere...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Lol, i will try, it is not something interesting or not, it is one of the most crucial function
and also one of the things you've heard on thousands of records, Sounds that can not be
achieved without Sync. I already left you an example, go to page 1 of this topic and
watch the you tube video but that's just one thing it can do.
Or go here at 6.00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjWT1OkCuBI

And here is my friends Rune, here you can hear in the best Quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-rL7I_hlL0

Hmm, well, I don't hear anything "special" in it... Nevertheless I'll check, maybe it would be pretty easy to add it to "oscillator mode" along mix, fm and stuff... kinda supergeneralized version...
Vojtech

Hard sync is known for its aggressive, biting character.

Technically: One oscillator ("master") resets the other ("slave") whenever the master starts a cycle.

Animation: OSC2 (pulse) syncs OSC1 (saw) and is switched thru octaves. Check the Oscilloscope for the effect. In the second part the frequency of the master (OSC2) is modulated by a LFO.

Cool, thansk for the info ;)
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Hmm, well, I don't hear anything "special" in it... Nevertheless I'll check, maybe it would be pretty easy to add it to "oscillator mode" along mix, fm and stuff... kinda supergeneralized version...
Yes, that would make perfect sense. However, do keep in mind you don't really need two oscillators to make this happen (although classic synths seemed to normally do it this way). A single oscillator just has two frequencies associated with it. The pitch frequency (master) and the playback frequency (slave). As you increase the playback frequency between 1 * master and 2 * master, the pitch doesn't change but the sound character does (assuming master frequency is constant). At exactly 2 * master, the pitch jumps up one octave, as you might expect.

That said, making osc. 1 the master and osc. 2 the slave would require no additional UI controls. Probably the more important capability would be to insure that one could modulate the slave frequency (LFO, mod-wheel, whatever ...), irrespective of how sync might be incorporated into MPowerSynth.

Maybe sync really isn't needed, given MPowerSynth's many existing capabilities, but it would likely keep some critics quiet if it could be added at little cost. Just my 2 cents.

dmbaer wrote:Maybe sync really isn't needed, given MPowerSynth's many existing capabilities, but it would likely keep some critics quiet if it could be added at little cost. Just my 2 cents.
Maybe not needed but i STILL wanna know how i can make HARD SYNC sounds without it,
so i guess it is still needed. Nothing special about it, at the same time nothing special
about PD or FM...but we still need them, they are no more special then Hard Sync.

Added as "Mode" for osc 2 and 3. That way we can live without additional controls. Of course, it's not perfect, but it seems working. Personally I think you can do a similar thing with PWM + LFO, but...
Vojtech

Thank You Sir.

My pleasure. But you may have to wait a few days... PACE messed the copy protections needed by Avid, so we need to solve this madness first...
Vojtech

Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”