Any word on Revalver 4 release?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HeadRush ReValver LFOTool

Wolfen666 wrote:Anyone has tried the tuner ? Am I the only one who has a hard time using it ? Moreover, my guitar tuning is B E A D G B...
No it's not you, it sucks ass :lol:

The best amp sim tuner ever:

:hihi:

I have one :D

As much as I LOVE R4's amp modeling, I have been less than impressed with whatever this "ACT" thing is supposed to be :?

I have tried both input and output versions of ACT; both were uninspiring :neutral:

Wolfen666 wrote:Anyone has tried the tuner ? Am I the only one who has a hard time using it ? Moreover, my guitar tuning is B E A D G B...
Do you mean there is no 7-string preset ? Because you can enter whatever you want to preset box :

or you have trouble with measuring?

blueman wrote:As much as I LOVE R4's amp modeling, I have been less than impressed with whatever this "ACT" thing is supposed to be :?

I have tried both input and output versions of ACT; both were uninspiring :neutral:
Not to mention is kinda a hassle.

I didn't find how to enter any custom tuning ;) However, the real problem is that the measurement of the tuning just does not work for me...

Something to consider, and I've had mine for 100 years, it petersons "strobosoft"

It's not x64, but for whatever reason on my system I can run it even if my host/revalver is running. It's EASILY the most accurate of the bunch. Funny, I HATED the stoboclip......just HATED it. Looks like snarks are on the cheap, these days. For guitar players I'd recommend it (though I haven't tried it on my new 7)

Wolfen666 wrote:I didn't find how to enter any custom tuning ;) However, the real problem is that the measurement of the tuning just does not work for me...
Just click the dropdown menu's note names and it will be editable for that session.
I have 6-string guitars and a 4-string bass. I can tune all. Just have to wait a bit at each note untill the needle becomes stable.

An acoustic feedback pedal like the Softube plugin would be a nice addition to Revalver 4.

Oh, this could be the "be all end all guitar live rig", just a few tweaks away... :o

- Enable Stereo stompboxes and stereo Amps (some people use stereo effects before distortion)
- A wet dry/knob on the amp sim to pass the "clean" signal
- Midi mapping of third party plug-in bypass switch
- More signal chain choices

It seems to me it's just a dry/wet knob and some signal routing / gui stuff ?

I beg you Peavey, please be the ones to do it right !! :hyper:

An acoustic feedback pedal like the Softube plugin would be a nice addition to Revalver 4.
Which is EXACTLY why R4 has a module to host 3rd party plugins. If you like the Softube plugin....then buy it and load it.

Or if you're to cheap to shell out the $ then download one of the FREE feedback vst's out there.....like these:

http://www.niallmoody.com/ndcplugs/feedbackything.htm

http://www.sighup.ca/misc/BetaBugs_Audio_FeedBug.zip
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Tried the demo version. Still the same high pitched aliasing noise in the signal when playing in the higher register:(

I'm surprised. But frankly, I'm not trusting my ears anymore.

Wow... worst copy protection experience I've ever had together with PACE C/R (but that was 4 years ago). Second time I complain about a copy protection scheme in over 10 years.

So, I started the Amp Store and associated a USB device as requested because I intended to purchase a license. A hassle to even get the USB recognised (note that it is plugged in all the time and in use since a while). And WHY do I need to even associate a USB device when the system clearly tells you "the license will be stored on the computer"? Whatever...

Played around a little with the sim, liked it, and decided to do some A/B tests with the other sims I have (basically all sims out there...).

So I start Cubase and get a warning: missing Waves licenses (I also have Overloud and Plugin Alliance licenses on that USB). Well, let's see what's wrong with the USB thumb... open Windows Explorer... it's EMPTY :o
Restart the machine, the USB device is not recognised. My RME Fireface is also not recognised. Plug the thumb drive off, plug it in again, it's recognised and the licenses are still there. Started breathing again.

Result: could be the best sounding thing out there, but I just uninstalled it and forgot it even exists. Hope that the issue with the USB thumb is gone forever...

Return to “Effects”