Casio CZ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VirtualCZ

hibrasil wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:I can't see any MIDI learn in VirtualCZ. Is it scheduled?
personally i prefer using the host to map MIDI CCs to parameters, but I might add built in MIDI learn for convenience.

oli
Yes I would prefer a real MIDI learn, and probably almost all the musicians would prefer when they use several DAW's. Because it will be a nightmare to make it in EACH DAW, without counting the fact that each time one remakes the same action for another DAW (imagine someone having four of five DAWs like me, or someone testing DAWs) it can't be made exactly identical when there are so many knobs, sliders, buttons, etc. And especially for a tool like VirtualCZ which has many, many, many elements! It leads to differences among the configurations, differences which have a great annoying importance in the workflow. And who can say what will happen on an update of a DAW? And what about the DAW's which are in test before the musician decides to buy one or another? And so many other cases where at the moment one experiments the situation it begins immediately obvious that the DAW has nothing to do with the MIDI learn: it appears immediately at this moment that the MIDI learn is not a dialog concerning the DAW but really concerning the controller on a side and the plugin on the other side, the DAW being nothing else that a "totally passive connector" between both extremities in that dialog, for the reasons I mentioned above.
:)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

what synths have good midi learn implementations? I guess it must be stored with the synth's state but then when you restore a preset it could be overwritten.

I don't really demand much from MIDI learn but I've had no real complaints with, say Arturia's Mini V implementation. Just select a control in the UI, twiddle the knob you want to assign it to and you're done.

Contrast with Korg which seems to insist on forgetting assignments every damn time. Argh.

I wasn't going to give MIDI learn in CZ much thought because my keyboard only has like 8 faders and 8 knobs which won't do much damage against what's in CZ, but I can change the 'program' with the membrane buttons which in theory would allow me to rotate around to different envelopes to handle assignments. But at that point I'd probably be better just using the mouse anyway so eh.

it's quite fun to loop one of the MSEG envs and to play with the rate control for a relevant step - would be nice doing that with a controller

Logic X actually has an LFO to modulate MIDI parameters. Throwing one on an envelope like you described would be pretty cool.

Numanoid wrote:CZynthia will become available free:

Karmacomposer was supposed to upload it the other week, hope it wont take long before it will be out and about now.
Any news on this yet ?
I have tried the virtual CZ demo and would like to compare the two.
The sound of virtual CZ I think is really very close to the hardware, I too used to have a CZ 1 but I don't have room for real synths so vsts are the way to go for me.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

bibz1st wrote:
Numanoid wrote:CZynthia will become available free:

Karmacomposer was supposed to upload it the other week, hope it wont take long before it will be out and about now.
Any news on this yet ?
I have tried the virtual CZ demo and would like to compare the two.
The sound of virtual CZ I think is really very close to the hardware, I too used to have a CZ 1 but I don't have room for real synths so vsts are the way to go for me.
Yes, this kinda sucks. I hate when people make offerings and then don't stand up to what they commit to do. Not that I need that (I have CZinthia already, bought it when it was launched). But Karmacomposer offered his services without being asked, and said it would take "a few days". It was like two months already. If he can't do it, he should have come public already by now, and say so, for people to think in another solution.

Anyway, CZinthia is close to CZ, but not an emulation. Similar setting do not produce exactly similar results. On Virtual CZ, similar settings produce virtually the same results
Last edited by fmr on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

has the original developer given permission for it to be distributed?

It's possible to love both.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

BlackWinny wrote:It's possible to love both.
Of course :)
Fernando (FMR)

Yes, Guido gave the permission when he announced his stroke and his inability to keep on developing his nice synths.

It was here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7#p5816907

fmr wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:It's possible to love both.
Of course :)
:)
For me, VirtualCZ and CZynthia, it can be that in the heart of a lover of the phase distortion synthesis: two friends, one certainly better than the other in his work... but two friends, not only respecting each other, but able to appreciate each other:

Just been reading about the author of CZynthia, quite a sad story.
I am happy to wait for it.
Sorry hibrasil for taking the limelight away from you.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

this wasn't a VirtualCZ thread originally. I didn't know about DrAmbient either, very sad. He made some great plugins, I hope he get's better. I was just questioning, because some people think that when a website goes down etc, it's acceptable to distribute the old software without permission.

hibrasil wrote:this wasn't a VirtualCZ thread originally. I didn't know about DrAmbient either, very sad. He made some great plugins, I hope he get's better. I was just questioning, because some people think that when a website goes down etc, it's acceptable to distribute the old software without permission.
All that must bring us a good lesson for our behaviors in forums: we never know the possible issues that someone struggles in his life, so we should always be kind with the others, and always have a human positive approach in our relations, especially with people that we don't know at all and which are very far from us, like in "another planet".

I always say, like in my signature "Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow". but I could add also "Let's build our humanity with the others as if we were desperately alone".

Return to “Instruments”