Bazille 1.0 released :-)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille

Urs wrote:
tomsa wrote:Hey Urs-

This looks awesome. Is there any chance of a Linux release for this? (Podolski for Linux is great- thanks!!)
Yes, there's a very good chance.
Furthermore, is there any chance that you'll extend the introductory price to the *nixers of of the world when it does become available, for a similar time frame?
That's a rather difficult one. As we don't distinguish licenses between platforms and plug-in formats, it would be the same as doing a sale for everyone. Which unfortunately we don't ever do. It's a dilemma.

Otoh, the update with Linux support will be free (as are most updates we do)
Ooooh, that is tempting... I try to make it my practice not to buy things that don't "officially" exist yet- and that's still really tempting. You, sir, are going to do some damage to my bank account. Thanks again for some Linux support. :-)
...If you have to fix it with a computer: quantized, pitch corrected, and overly inspected, then you can't do it, and I can't get behind that!
-Henry Rollins; I Can't Get Behind That-from William Shatner's, "Has Been"

A bit offtopic, but according to the Bazille manual it seems like Clemens (who I think did a lot of DIVA coding) is not a member of the u-he Team anymore? :? Has he left u-he?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

geronimo wrote:
vicnest wrote:Is there a randomizer patch like in DIVA? (or useless in the case of Bazille)
I found randomizer function in DIVA with its arpeggiator but that's it! Randomize in BAZILLE for the Modulation sources _

That's no randomizer, that's a new random value for each note on in Bazille... Have a look at page 28 of the Bazille usermanual about "Internal Control Sources".

EDIT: given that we agree on what we mean with a randomizer, I'm thinking of randomizing parameters once and for all to make a randomized patch that can be saved and recalled as u-he has made possible in other synths with the use of a special randomize patch you can download. So if for instance the randomizing process set the cutoff of a filter to 51,28 that patch can be saved and will later be recalled with 51,28 for the cutoff for that filter etc.
Last edited by Gone soft on Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nielzie wrote:A bit offtopic, but according to the Bazille manual it seems like Clemens (who I think did a lot of DIVA coding) is not a member of the u-he Team anymore? :? Has he left u-he?
Yup, left us in December. Sadly missed, but we have recovered.

Urs wrote:
Nielzie wrote:A bit offtopic, but according to the Bazille manual it seems like Clemens (who I think did a lot of DIVA coding) is not a member of the u-he Team anymore? :? Has he left u-he?
Yup, left us in December. Sadly missed, but we have recovered.
Very sad indeed, must have been a very talented guy. The latest team addition, Jan Storm, is he dutch? It's a rather dutch name :)

btw that modulation sequencer in Bazille is awesome :love:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

2ZrgE wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:Did you try flipping the multi-core switch to the left of the oscilloscope?
I think I read somewhere on KVR that the multicore option only works with 'real' multicores (from i-5 up), so it doesn't help with Core i-3 (only four virtual cores).

Could someone comment on that?
The multicore switch works very well with my i3. Still CPU heavy but much more manageable.

Nielzie wrote: Very sad indeed, must have been a very talented guy. The latest team addition, Jan Storm, is he dutch? It's a rather dutch name :)
Afair, u-he was Clemens' first stop after uni, so it's logical for a young (and talented) guy to look further some day. After all, he wanted to move back to Hamburg anyway, where his girl lives.

Jan is Northern German. Mentality is more the contrary to 'storm', more laid-back. A code wizard, and a nice one.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

Here's a patch I made today called "computer generated piano". lol I'm a fail player but it was fun to mess around with.

http://sounds.futurespeak.ca/demos/jc-c ... piano1.mp3

I made a few other random patches today if anyone wants them, here's a .zip that also includes 1 pluck patch from my soundset. http://sounds.futurespeak.ca/demos/JC_5_Bazille.zip

Just bought Bazille yesterday and have been getting to know this fabulous creation. Endless possibilities it seems! Thanks Urs and everyone at u-he for releasing this extreme sound-making creature to the world.
Keep laughing - you're next

sascha wrote:......
Afair, u-he was Clemens' first stop after uni, so it's logical for a young (and talented) guy to look further some day. After all, he wanted to move back to Hamburg anyway, where his girl lives. .
Would love to hear how he ended up at u-he. Did he find urs or the other way around? I seem to recall he is now working in a field that has mothing to do with music software.

Rsp
sound sculptist

Good morning,

Just wanted to point out a printing error on the user guide, page 53, under 256-step map, sentence starting "The clou is to toggle..." the word "clou" is not correct, it should read "clue", I guess this is what you meant?

Ah, by the way, Bazille is a great, great soft synth, I'm having so much fun with it! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Many thanks
djvd

I thought Id seen mention of a long video from Urs explaining the synth, can't find a link?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

djvd wrote:Just wanted to point out a printing error on the user guide, page 53, under 256-step map, sentence starting "The clou is to toggle..." the word "clou" is not correct, it should read "clue", I guess this is what you meant?
The spelling "clou" is correct. Different word (look it up).

Word is used in German also. ;)

VariKusBrainZ wrote:I thought Id seen mention of a long video from Urs explaining the synth, can't find a link?
From 2009... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-hZQ-lxUxM

However, Groove3 have done an extensive video tutorial here:

http://www.groove3.com/str/u-he-Bazille-Explained.html

(note: We're working with Groove3 to get a coupon code for our users... give us a few days)

Return to “u-he”