IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
frankz00 wrote:Also a basic comparison chart would help....
We do those for some of our accessories, good idea. I will relay that. Thank you.
Thanks, Peter. Don't let your head down after reading all this jazz. Your ST3's Instruments sound great, with some very nice efx. All works well indeed, very inspirational.
I for one think ST3 FREE and ST3 SE were correct and timely steps. Probably you'll launch a free ST3 player in a year or so, but it seems logical that you're first and foremost focusing on paid versions, as ST3 is still very new.

After importing sample tank2 sounds into sample tank 3. Can you still use sample tank 2.
From what I read, it actually converts the ST2 files to ST3. Hope i'm wrong.

^^^^
You are ;)

When the ST2 library is Imported into the ST3 Library, new ST3 instruments and sample files are created; the old ST2 library is untouched. So you can still use ST2.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

bill45 wrote:After importing sample tank2 sounds into sample tank 3. Can you still use sample tank 2.
From what I read, it actually converts the ST2 files to ST3. Hope i'm wrong.
It converts them but does not delete your ST 2.5 libraries (the new converted sounds are put in a subfolder in your ST3 library path specifically for imported instruments ).

Edit - I see DarkStar got here just before I did :)

Thanks Guys, I'm gonna download SE tomorrow. Looks like SE contains the full ST 3 engine,
including 55 EFX.Cool

I haven't spent time with it yet, but I really like the piano demos. Anyone prepared to comment on the piano sounds quality? Overall, I think ST3 offers up some great sounds.
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Peter, pls check your PM. Thanks.

BTW, and apologies if this already covered somewhere in this thread -- but is it true that there is no option ST3 to switch on a visual indication of of WHICH NOTES ACTUALLY TRIGGER SAMPLES for a given patch? (ST 2.5 did this -- as I recall, it was just a button called "Zone" near the keyboard.) I can't find anything in ST3 to show this. If it's not there -- I'd sure like to see that as a feature request in coming update. Otherwise, you're forced to GUESS which notes are active for any given patch!

basslinemaster wrote:
zvenx wrote:Maybe i am missing something.
Some complained that there was no cheaper version to allow them to use their ik libraries in a 64bit environs.
Ik listened and released just that. Now people complain about this?

Rsp

LOL. How many times do we have to see this same, stupid reasoning...
"SOME people said X, now SOME OTHER people (quite likely) are saying the opposite... which is it?"

When we said "cheaper", we meant a PLAYER version only, with no samples at all, so it should be really cheap, like $40 or under. A no-brainer 64 bit update for all of the previous customers.

ST3 has gone down in history as possibly the worst example of marketing and launching a VST, together with fingers-in-the-ears "We're not listening to you" from IKM... Way to go!

And I look forward to the Computer Music 'review' that begrudgingly admits it isn't that good, but still gives it an '8' or something ridiculous like that.

Virtually nobody is going to buy ST3 at full price. 10 years, for this?
I am sure even as we speak they are working on an ST3-blm version just for you with all your wishes and desires.
Rsp
sound sculptist

alright. I have NOT been one of the usual complainers, as far as I know I have never posted anything derogatory before about IK. However, I have been looking at ST3, and as the owner of Miroslav, I am entitled to the upgrade. I was aware that the upgrade was 99 for preorders, but I didn't have the funds then, and was content with the idea that I could buy it for $149. I now have the funds, and have journeyed to the website to make my purchase only to find that you have RAISED THE PRICE OF THE UPGRADE TO 199 DOLLARS.

I want any IK representative that may be reading this to imagine the worst possible insult I could possibly vocalize to you and go ahead and apply it to the company you work for. goddammit this pisses me off. guess I can go ahead and buy something else from somebody else then.

ShawnG wrote: I want any IK representative that may be reading this to imagine the worst possible insult I could possibly vocalize to you ...
Well, you might go ahead and start vocalizing to yourself, as this evolving pricing structure was made abundantly clear by IK over a period of six months.

apparently this (SE) is free with certain IK hardware.

that means it would be cheaper to buy an irig Keys to get SE (and effectively get a free mini keyboard) than it is to just buy SE direct from IK.. ?

gamecat666 wrote:apparently this (SE) is free with certain IK hardware.

that means it would be cheaper to buy an irig Keys to get SE (and effectively get a free mini keyboard) than it is to just buy SE direct from IK.. ?
yeah, that's why i got quite upset. just a few weeks ago, i bought an irig hd from the marketplace. no regrets dealing with the seller, and i think the interface is great. but this scenario would have meant me paying a little extra, and getting a much more streamlined piece of software (never had any interest in the full product)

never mind. it is just not worth me getting upset over :shrug:

just checked my ikaccount to see if owning irighd gave me entitlement to stank se

erm, no :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

ShawnG wrote:alright. I have NOT been one of the usual complainers, as far as I know I have never posted anything derogatory before about IK. However, I have been looking at ST3, and as the owner of Miroslav, I am entitled to the upgrade. I was aware that the upgrade was 99 for preorders, but I didn't have the funds then, and was content with the idea that I could buy it for $149. I now have the funds, and have journeyed to the website to make my purchase only to find that you have RAISED THE PRICE OF THE UPGRADE TO 199 DOLLARS.

I want any IK representative that may be reading this to imagine the worst possible insult I could possibly vocalize to you and go ahead and apply it to the company you work for. goddammit this pisses me off. guess I can go ahead and buy something else from somebody else then.
Audiodeluxe currently has the upgrade (download version) for $119. You must log in, and add to cart for this price.

(Not sure if this deal is open to non-US buyers).

DarkStar wrote:When the ST2 library is Imported into the ST3 Library, new ST3 instruments and sample files are created; the old ST2 library is untouched. So you can still use ST2.
Sounds like a HDD space guzzler :scared:

Return to “Instruments”