WOW 2 Formant difficulties

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone else had problems using WOW2 and getting it to sound similar to wow1 when using in vowel mode? Does anyone know of a tutorial to get it really talking? =]

Thanks!
Jared F

I am having the same issue. I have compared the 2 and believe WOW1 either has different frequency peaks for the different vowels, more(or less) exaggerated resonance, or internal distortion.

I know for a fact the frequency peaks are different, but I also feel there is some sort of internal harmonic distortion that really brought out the vowels in 1.

I am including screenshots comparing the two and it's obvious they are not the same. The pictures might not be the best but they are essentially the same. Same filter (Band Reject), same vowel (A), and same amount of resonance (9.45).
Wow1-2.png
Wow2-2.png
My results are disappointing because I was hoping this would've sounded the same as the first with more features, but unfortunately it cannot make the same exact sounds and an awesome interface (the interface looks dope!). Yes, setting up the distortion as a post effect can help it get close, but the vowels are just not as pronounced.
If I'm wrong, please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

noticed same thing :lol:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Any chance on telling use what's going on or giving us a copy of WOW 1 for free???

Return to “Sugar Bytes”