Advance Music Production Suite??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone own AIR's $600 software bundle...or perhaps,considering owning it and if so...why on earth do you,or would you?? :dog:

There's supposedly "$5,000" worth of software,for $600...I mean damn...that's enough of a flaming red flag for anyone,isn't it? :nutter:

When you click on Sonivox's Symphonic String and Brass Collection icons,they both take you to Sonivox's Vocalizer Pro product page.....but if you type in these titles in Google,you are taken to Sonivox's flagship VST's that cost nearly $3,000....WTF?

http://airmusictech.com/advance/virtual-instruments

It seems clear that AIR is deliberately trying to misdirect the prospective buyer into thinking that these old,thin,outdated and piss poor VST's are actually current and pristine VST libraries that are comprised of oodles of GB's worth of content.

What's really asinine about this bundle also,is that not only are half the VST's as low as $30...they also list the Alchemy Player as part of the package and the f**king thing is absolutely free to anyone who wants it. :scared:

Aside from the obvious quality-Digidesign-synths and the Strike and various Sonivox drum modules in this larger bundle which are exceptional,half of this bundle is a sad joke,which is reflected in the $600 price tag.

To be somewhat fair to AIR,the $600 cost is not what I would deem as being a rip off,but the false advertising behind it,is deplorable.

As for the Strike drum module from my $300 bundle...well,in as much as I love all of the intricate articulations and some of the samples(most of the sample quality is very outdated).
Another issue I have,is that there is some serious glitches with some of Strike's drop down menus,wherein if you go down towards the bottom half of some of the preset lists and try to double click on certain presets,it will instantly jump up toward the top and load up the wrong goddamn preset!! :x

If that isn't bad enough,my Studio One DAW has become very unstable,whereby I experience stutters and jumps in my timeline during playback,momentary instances of screen-freeze and I have lost some of the settings in my Loom synth(after I close a session and relaunch that session).

Before you ask....YES,I have executed the computer optimization instructions given by Pro Tools and this has had no effect in improving the performance of my Presonus S1.

I have to give a lot of credit to AIR,for taking one of the most stable DAW's in the industry and turning it into a train-wreck with their malware instrument bundle...very impressive guys,as I am really amazed! :bang:

The only more destructive software that I've every experienced,was my former Acoustica Mixcraft DAW.

Both AIR and Acoustica's customer support,receive top marks from me for being very attentive,available and just having an incessant level of desire to try and help people....but...do they have any choice,to behave in any other manner than what they have been??I mean,considering how buggy their software is,they in effect,have to be extremely helpful...to compensate for all of the problems their software causes...as otherwise,their businesses would falter and fold up for good.

If that isn't bad enough,my Studio One DAW has become very unstable,whereby I experience stutters and jumps in my timeline during playback,momentary instances of screen-freeze and I have lost some of the settings in my Loom synth(after I close a session and relaunch that session).
Stutters and jumps in the timeline are the symptoms of resource starvation, e.g. low cpu/memory or slow disk I/O. In such a situation, even the most stable application wouldn't be able to perform in real time...

The next time you want to post a rant on the internet, please count to 10.

Alright then,how would you explain why I can run multiple instances of a CPU hog like Alchemy,without any problems?My PC has a 3.40Ghz Dual core processor with 8GB of RAM and Digidesign instruments are known for being CPU efficient and yet,my computer is choking.

Not only that,but how would you explain the jumbled and overlapping text within my Studio One,ever since I installed these VST's??

What about the buggy behavior in my Loom and Strike VST's....I suppose all of that is my fault as well,heh?

AlesisVi61 wrote:Does anyone own AIR's $600 software bundle...or perhaps,considering owning it and if so...why on earth do you,or would you?? :dog:

There's supposedly "$5,000" worth of software,for $600...I mean damn...that's enough of a flaming red flag for anyone,isn't it? :nutter:
I tihnk the consensus from the other thread (http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=414583) was that there's a decent amount of non-sonivox stuff in there to justify the price tag, if you're in the market for a starter package.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

AlesisVi61 wrote:There's supposedly "$5,000" worth of software,for $600...I mean damn...that's enough of a flaming red flag for anyone,isn't it? :nutter:
No doubt there is lots of Sonivox filler in the deal, but if you look past that you see that these fine plugs are included:

-Air softsynth package
-Fabfilter Twin 2
-Timewarp 2600
-Lots of D16 effects
-Fabfilter Simplon
-Lots of FXPansion effects, including Bloom
-Izotope Stutter edit
-Sonic Charge Permu8

So there is at least $2000-2500 MRSP worth stuff on there, which is not bad to get for $600

Hello, Im saddened to hear your still having problems our support is always available to help with technical issues.
Can you confirm a few more details your computer specifications and perhaps we can get to the bottom of your issue? IE model and OS.
As you know we are working with Studio one at the moment some some UI issues.

$5000 is the sticker price of all the instruments put together. There is no deception intended :)
Some of the instruments alone cost in the range of $200-300 to purchase alone so this is great value.

This bundle is designed to give customers a taster menu of some of the best in the industry so that they can relatively inexpensively discover new great developers. We are trying to provide a wide selection of choice so users can find their own groove.

There is also a good $1000 worth of educational content, samples and discounts on hardware purchases.

Here to help if you need us!
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

sbangs_air wrote: Can you confirm a few more details your computer specifications and perhaps we can get to the bottom of your issue? IE model and OS.
As you know we are working with Studio one at the moment some some UI issues.

$5000 is the sticker price of all the instruments put together. There is no deception intended :)
Some of the instruments alone cost in the range of $200-300 to purchase alone so this is great value.
I am aware of the pricing,so I can appreciate the value of the $600 price tag(that is,when we're talking about VST's like Sonivox's drum modules & the like,but as for some of the other VST's...I was thinking in terms of Structure,for instance...as it's original price of $499 doesn't apply currently(due to it being so outdated and having no where near the quality of even the old Kontakt 4 sample quality).

The pricing of a lot of these VST's from back in the day(such as Sonivox's DVI stuff and the aforementioned Structure,are not relevant now & can't possibly compete with Kontakt 5 or Kontakt 4.
Seriously...what are my options here...the Goliath library for my Structure?I have not heard the Goliath library myself(but it is not well reviewed) and Structure simply does not have the same level of scripting as Konakt 5 or 4 does.
I've already spent $300 on the Expansion bundle,so what...should I spend $247 on Goliath,when I could spend $400 on Kontakt 5 and get everything I need?What would you do,in my situation?

You say that the Production Suite is a sampler of sorts(ie a taste of this & that)...but how could a "appetizer menu" possibly have a worth of $5,000?
Again...it is indeed...a good value for what it has...but it doesn't quite make much sense to me,to have top flight,world class synths like Hybrid 3,Loom & Vacuum Pro and to then throw in mediocre stuff like Sonivox's DVI stuff and include a link to Camel Audio's website for the free Alchemy version?You honestly don't think that's misleading,in any way?
Look...when all is said and done,I have no regrets about buying the Expansion Bundle(as the 3 AIR synths alone,are wort the price of the bundle)...but Structure is obsolete and not worth upgrading and despite the value of the Production Suite,$599 is still a big investment to some people(namely me) and due to my budget constraints,buying Kontakt 5(rather than to have bought AIR's Advance Suite)..makes perfect sense,as nobody in the industry,offers Kontakt 5's level quality and content,for the price.

Yes...I will take you up on your offer to resolve my Studio One issues and I will drop you a line soon.

Thanks.

Return to “Instruments”