IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

Yeah, after I imported my 'legacy' VIs, I wiped the originals from my HDD, after things were seemingly in order. Mistake. I had to re-install Miroslav to determine whether missing articulations in ST3 were also missing from the Miro in the first place.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote:Yeah, after I imported my 'legacy' VIs, I wiped the originals from my HDD, after things were seemingly in order. Mistake. I had to re-install Miroslav to determine whether missing articulations in ST3 were also missing from the Miro in the first place.
Did everything import properly? I am yet to install the ST3 SE myself and curious whether I should keep the originals along with it.

Nope.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Anybody using SampleTank 3, including those importing legacy libraries, please make sure you've installed the latest version 3.0.3 that is available in your IK User Area before proceeding.
Changes from version 3.0.2:

▪ Fixed a bug relating to the displaying of Pattern names
▪ Fixed a loop editing problem in Live mode
▪ Fixed a bug where note ranges between samples were not filled for user sample import using the "Name" option
▪ Other user sample and legacy library import fixes and optimizations

I installed St3 SE 3.03.I got an error when trying to import sonicsynth2.

bill45 wrote:I installed St3 SE 3.03.I got an error when trying to import sonicsynth2.
If you are having issues with Sonik Synth, it may be with the following files:

Sonik Synth 2 > Instruments > I Elements B > G Groove Elements > 130BPM_ailing.sti
Sonik Synth 2 > Presets>SS2 Horns >S tacked Brass.ikmp
Sonik Synth 2 > Presets>SS2 Orchestral > Thick Strings.ikmp
Sonik Synth 2 > Presets>SS2 Pads > Wheel In Motion MW.ikmp
Sonik Synth 2 > Presets>SS2 Special FX > Modulator Radio.ikmp

If you still have issues after removing those before import and retrying, please let support know at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thanks Peter, Instruments > I Elements B > G Groove Elements > 130BPM_ailing.sti, was the only one
That came up. Do I remove this from the original sonic synth 2 folder, before doing the import.

it makes me wonder why all those legacy import errors are not solved after this long time

DrumAddict wrote:it makes me wonder why all those legacy import errors are not solved after this long time
:tu:

@bill45 - I moved the file out of the folder because I could not determine if ST3 continued with the import after the error.

Once the import was complete I moved the file back into the original folder.

Since ST3 does not damage the ST2 content, and the possibility I will need ST2 or Miro or whatever the possibility may be, I kept the files on my HDD and let ST3 create new version.

BTW - when you finish an import, stop the process from indexing. Indexing needs to be done for certain but do it AFTER you have made all your imports. It will take less time this way.

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

This is one file in which case, as DarkStar has pointed out previously: "(you are not losing anything - this does not appear in SS2's Browser either)" and support will note this with the recommendation to remove the file to anybody that reports this particular issue. It will likely be ignored in the import in future updates based on this information.

The presets are not necessarily a global issue, I posted those as a courtesy that one MAY run into issues with. We have made improvements and fixes to both user and legacy import with each update as noted in the Release Notes. The process has been very smooth for many, and anybody with issues they'd like to see fixed should of course report them to the support team at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Oh, and for users of SampleTank 3 Free, we have added more sounds (guitars and ethnic instruments): http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3free

Thanks off to try again.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Changes from version 3.0.2:

▪ Fixed a bug relating to the displaying of Pattern names
▪ Fixed a loop editing problem in Live mode
▪ Fixed a bug where note ranges between samples were not filled for user sample import using the "Name" option
▪ Other user sample and legacy library import fixes and optimizations
Version 3.0.3 is still unplayable at the lowest latency setting on my RME Multiface, and eventually crashes - even when loading something as basic as a marimba with no processing and do nothing. :dog:

And changing tabs is still sluggish.
"Time makes fools of us all. Our only comfort is that greater shall come after us." Eric Temple Bell

http://thetomorrowfile.bandcamp.com/

I removed the files and did the imports again.There is no imported instrument folder like in the video.
The only way to find the sonic synth 2 instruments, is to type import in the search area.I noticed there is no content
file on the sample drive. Mine is G/: instruments then G/:samples. There are now separate instrument and sample folders on the G drive for Sonic synth2.Should these folders be merged into a content folder? ST 3 does find the SS2 combi's

bill45 wrote:I removed the files and did the imports again.There is no imported instrument folder like in the video.
The only way to find the sonic synth 2 instruments, is to type import in the search area.I noticed there is no content
file on the sample drive. Mine is G/: instruments then G/:samples. There are now separate instrument and sample folders on the G drive for Sonic synth2.Should these folders be merged into a content folder? ST 3 does find the SS2 combi's
Please let support know, they can take a closer look at your setup and figure out what is going on there and get it all working optimally.

Return to “Instruments”