Got Komplete Kontrol (Kore lite) today for free....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: If you are not seeing it maybe you need to update something or there's a bug for you?
Weird. I've updated my plug-ins according to the latest in Service Center. Massive doesn't have the +, don't Absynth did either, only the arp notes symbol is there. Though I do see it with Kontakt presets. It doesn't open the full view in Kontakt though, just the top pane with the voice counts etc.

I'm using the VST in OSX.
Yup I have the same in Win - well, Massive and FM8 don't have it. Absynth does.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

It should be there - sounds like a bug - contact support

noiseboyuk wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: If you are not seeing it maybe you need to update something or there's a bug for you?
Weird. I've updated my plug-ins according to the latest in Service Center. Massive doesn't have the +, don't Absynth did either, only the arp notes symbol is there. Though I do see it with Kontakt presets. It doesn't open the full view in Kontakt though, just the top pane with the voice counts etc.

I'm using the VST in OSX.
Yup I have the same in Win - well, Massive and FM8 don't have it. Absynth does.
Ok yeah same here after checking. Absynth has it. Massive and FM8 don't. Kontakt and Reaktor have it but they don't go into full edit mode. Reaktor switches panels and Kontakt just shows the top part. Doesn't go full edit though.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Ok yeah same here after checking. Absynth has it. Massive and FM8 don't. Kontakt and Reaktor have it but they don't go into full edit mode. Reaktor switches panels and Kontakt just shows the top part. Doesn't go full edit though.
Yup, that's exactly what I have.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

What should be happening when you click on the + is:

Absynth - cycles between a compact version of the perform view and the full patch view

FM8 - a reduced version of the Easy view (without the morph XY) and expert view

Massive - a reduced view of the macros plus envelopes and a full view

Reaktor - depends on whatever panelsets are in the ensemble - cycles between the top 2 eg Razor cycles between the macro view and full view, photone cycles between the full view and an extended view with fx showing (you can control this though by adding your own panelsets)

Kontakt - opens up the header

Battery - cycles between just pads showing and full interface

The plugins updated for Kontrol will show the + sign. Massive and FM8 aren't updated yet.
For now you have to use the view menu to switch to edit/B mode.

Ah that might explain it.

I see the updated versions are in Komplete 10. After installing that I got the +'s in Massive and FM as well.
FM8 is 1.3.1 (latest update I got trough the Service Center before K10 was 1.3.0) and Massive is 1.4.1 (1.4.0 latest in SC)

Yes that's why I am seeing them.

Mace404 wrote:I see the updated versions are in Komplete 10. After installing that I got the +'s in Massive and FM as well.
FM8 is 1.3.1 (latest update I got trough the Service Center before K10 was 1.3.0) and Massive is 1.4.1 (1.4.0 latest in SC)
Well how bizarre is that?! Good to know, I'll install off disk at the weekend.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Strange they haven't posted massive and fm8 updates when it's being shipped already with mo plate installers.

Weird thing is that I thought I did install updates of massive and fm8, but I don't remember. If others haven't gotten updates then I'd guess I didnt.

aMUSEd wrote:NB this only seems to work if it is an "official" NI authorised library - the sort that appears in the Libraries tab (and Service centre) - SC Geosonics is a good example
Thanks for the information. So far I only managed to add one library - SC Ondes Martenot -
KK.png
Took me a while to figure why my other libraries (which display in the libraries tab) aren't adding to Komplete Kontrol. I think they need to be Kontakt 5 libraries, and contain .nicnt files. Regarding those; I found this thread on another forum (haven't tried it yet, going to have a go soon).

Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

audiosabre wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:NB this only seems to work if it is an "official" NI authorised library - the sort that appears in the Libraries tab (and Service centre) - SC Geosonics is a good example
Thanks for the information. So far I only managed to add one library - SC Ondes Martenot -
KK.png
Took me a while to figure why my other libraries (which display in the libraries tab) aren't adding to Komplete Kontrol. I think they need to be Kontakt 5 libraries, and contain .nicnt files. Regarding those; I found this thread on another forum (haven't tried it yet, going to have a go soon).

Cheers.
I have a few NI Authorized libraries under the library tab of Kontakt stand-alone that I can't get running under Kontrol yet; SC, IP, Vir2, Rev, BS mainly. I'm checking out your link now. Thanks for posting it.

BBFG# wrote:I have a few NI Authorized libraries under the library tab of Kontakt stand-alone that I can't get running under Kontrol yet; SC, IP, Vir2, Rev, BS mainly. I'm checking out your link now. Thanks for posting it.
Long story short; I can't get it to work.

I managed to edit an .nicnt file that successfully allowed me to add a product to the kontakt libraries tab. But this was only temporary; legitimate versions of kontakt can't perform the same library hacks that cracked versions can. The legitimate version will always ask for the product to be activated, and when it isn't, it will disappear from the library. It appears crack users have more freedom than paying customers in this respect.

Even though Kontakt can see it (temporarily) as a library, Komplete Kontrol doesn't want none of it; it will not find it. Our only hope (barring using a crack) is for the developers to create K5 player versions of their libraries, complete with .nicnt files. At least this is how I understand it for now. I'll be glad to be proven wrong.

I don't have the patience to look further into it. Another NI monopoly it seems (hate that about NI) :lol:

I have no problem loading non official/licensed instruments. They are under the Kontakt category when selecting instruments. Only tagged the Bigcat piano's now but since that is working great I will spend some(!) time tagging the rest.
I added Shevannai and Drummica as official libraries without problems either. Just pointed to the library folder (as you can see in the last screenshot)

Also when you start Kontrol first time as a plugin and not as standalone (they warn you for that) you do not get the initial user library entry 'User Content' under your Documents\Native Instruments folder. That entry prevents you from adding the whole NI folder at once.
Run as plugin first, add your whole NI folder and voila - all custom Massive/FM/Absynth etc presets are there right away. Added a screenshot with my user folder settings.
If you want to reset Kontrol to 'first run' just delete the %localappdata%\Native Instruments\Komplete Kontrol folder. I have not seen any drawbacks of running as plugin first except the missing User content folder. (which is not a drawback imho)
Oh yeah, the factory libraries are not scanned but you can do that manual and then everything is there.

As said earlier non NI plugins won't load. I made a start saving the presets from Waves Element for Maschine (so much work!) Since those are in the NI\Maschine folder I got the Waves category straight away (Pictures I added trough the Public\Documents\NI Resources\image folder).

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Instruments”