ST 3 SE -vs- Air Xpand!2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

they both cost $99... ST 3 SE come with 400 sounds/patches... Xpand!2 2500 sounds/patches...

which one would you pick...

:tu:

Hmmm, looks like you are presenting a fait accompli :D

Numanoid wrote:Hmmm, looks like you are presenting a fait accompli :D
not quite there yet... but almost a "fait accompli"...

pretty close though...

p.s. good catch!!! :D

Already have ST3 so it will be Air Xpand!2

But question neverenough - did you get it? AX2?

Curious so that if you did maybe you can fill us in. :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan@mail.com wrote:Already have ST3 so it will be Air Xpand!2

But question neverenough - did you get it? AX2?

Curious so that if you did maybe you can fill us in. :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
no!!! i did not get AX2... but if i was in the market for a rompler... and did not want to spend too much... i would get/pick AX2!!!

it looks pretty nice for $99...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9tJRSC ... e=youtu.be

I would start with Xpand!2 but both are complimentary to each other.

yes!!! for $99 you cant loose!!!

Think I will start with Sample Tank 3 SE, just to annoy the OP :clown:

Numanoid wrote:Think I will start with Sample Tank 3 SE, just to annoy the OP :clown:
what you purchase will have no effect on me... why not buy 3 ST 3 SE and 5 ST 3 while you are at it...

my post is about... if "I" was looking for a rompler... inexpensive rompler... "I" would spend "my" cash on Xpand 2... to be honest... i think i am giving ST 3 SE more respect than it deserves... because... Xpand 2 is in the same class as ik multimedia's flagship rompler... ST 3!!! and it only cost $99...

i know you are just joking around... but thanks for bumping the thread... hopefully... you will respond again... :clown:

Actually, thank you for affording ME the opportunity to return the favor of bumping the thread. Anybody can check out the features of each and see the differences and of course try them (well, ours at least - I don't see a demo for the other which I suppose is at least partially why this thread is here) and see what best suits their needs. For those unaware of where to find this information about SampleTank 3 SE they can follow this link: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3se

For the full set of features of the SampleTank 3 engine which you get with SampleTank 3 SE (and the full list of the top-shelf effects included, the 16 channels, STRETCH engine - also explained in this video,etc) one can visit http://www.ikmultimedia.com/sampletank3 - This is also valid because you have claimed that the other product is more equivalent to the full version (minus quite a few GB of samples, etc, though) of SampleTank 3.

Edit - even in a URL BBcode tag the video embeds. Can't see how to change that so I hope it helps with that one cool part of SampleTank 3.

Tried STank3 demo, it crashed.
Not interested in Air Xpand either.
IK has made recent changes to my account and have shown a new philosophy that well, STanks.

I fought being a Kontakt fan for too long; only to slowly come to the realization that it is been the only real instrument that has not taken more time than its worth... and somehow, comes out cheaper in the long run... even with the third party sets being as much as they are. With STank, I've learned the cheap comes out more expensive and far more time consuming than gratifying.

it boils down to "PERSONAL PREFERENCE"... if one just want to load a sound/patch and play... for $99 Xpand2 wins hands down...lets be honest here... how many of the avg. ST 3 users actually use "all" of those functions... i would go out on a limb and say... "most" load a sound/patch and play...

for those who are going to say... "i use those functions"... "most" is a least 51 out of 100...

neverenoughfunk wrote:it boils down to "PERSONAL PREFERENCE"...
But you stated above that you are not in the market for a rompler :D

neverenoughfunk wrote: ...lets be honest here... how many of the avg. ST 3 users actually use "all" of those functions... i would go out on a limb and say... "most" load a sound/patch and play...
for those who are going to say... "i use those functions"... "most" is a least 51 out of 100...
Somewhere in between I guess, I use 'some' of those functions... definitely not all, and can just as easily get simple load/layering in Kontakt. Although I still like the Aria interface better than both Kontakt and STank I'm learning to be mildly okay with the Kontakt mixer and STank has yet to be re-installed on my latest HDD to SSD exchange. I have one license of ST2 in the charity auction and will probably just end up turning over my IK account to a family member.
IK doesn't anger me, but they have worn me out. They just aren't worth my time for now.

add/edit: I've found the Infinite Player for Kontakt gives me many/most of the sounds I was using in STank2 and I picked up their 'Gold' bundle for less than the aforementioned $99.

Xpand!2 offers a very wide range of sounds, we would be happy to see you as a user! Let us know if you have any questions and either way good luck in your en-devours :)
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Return to “Instruments”