Bazille sequencer feature request: scribble

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can we have a mode where we can scribble in values with the mouse across the controls, the way we can across the value columns in the mapping generator tables? It's laborious to click one slider at a time. Maybe this could be set up with a CTRL / CMD modifier key. Sometimes you want slow very deliberate control, sometimes you want to do something more freeform. :D

was going to ask exactly the same thing...

dave

Use the Mod Mappers? :D
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

The mod mappers don't have all the neat morphing features, and just ignoring the step sequencer because it's clumsy to use negates a big chunk of what makes Bazille special.

I don't understand. Is there some technical reason why this feature request would be difficult or impossible to implement? Is it a philosophical difference of perspective?

This is a plugin, not a physical product. On most computers, there's one point of contact with the plugin's control surface: a mouse(*). It can only manipulate one slider at a time. If this were a physical product we could manipulate a bunch of sliders at a time with our hands. If the point is to treat the step sequencer's sliders as closely as possible to their physical analogues, then that's a poor goal with respect to usability on a desktop computer.

(* not sure how Bazille would respond to multitouch - even if it did the faders are packed pretty closely, so a drag and scribble with one finger would STILL be more useful)

I have to agree with OP, this feature would be nice.

~Pd~ wrote:The mod mappers don't have all the neat morphing features, and just ignoring the step sequencer because it's clumsy to use negates a big chunk of what makes Bazille special.

I don't understand. Is there some technical reason why this feature request would be difficult or impossible to implement? Is it a philosophical difference of perspective?

This is a plugin, not a physical product. On most computers, there's one point of contact with the plugin's control surface: a mouse(*). It can only manipulate one slider at a time. If this were a physical product we could manipulate a bunch of sliders at a time with our hands. If the point is to treat the step sequencer's sliders as closely as possible to their physical analogues, then that's a poor goal with respect to usability on a desktop computer.

(* not sure how Bazille would respond to multitouch - even if it did the faders are packed pretty closely, so a drag and scribble with one finger would STILL be more useful)
I've asked for that feature as well... There is a difference between the sequencer and Modmappers... the step sliders on the sequencer are each midi mappable. I'm only speculating, but perhaps that makes it more complicated to implement what you are asking for... I've fantasized about a 16 slider midi controller specifically for the Bazille sequencer!

Would be nice also if they were automatable so I could map them to my Kore controller.

Actually I bet a Lemur controller would do it.

So is this a "no"?

rob just suggested a substitute in the meantime, they could still consider it for a future update.

I'm in favor of this suggestion as well. It would be nice if the sequencer had all (or all the ones that made sense) of the modmapper's contextual menu options too.

Would be great if you could freely draw into the sequencer like you can in Tera's sequencer.

News From The Sky wrote:rob just suggested a substitute in the meantime, they could still consider it for a future update.
Yeah I'm finding various workarounds to get the results I want more easily. Sorry if I sounded impatient or strident! I just really want this feature.
I'm in favor of this suggestion as well. It would be nice if the sequencer had all (or all the ones that made sense) of the modmapper's contextual menu options too.
Good idea. I can see most if not all of the functions as being useful in the sequencer, especially randomize, normalize, make unipolar, invert, quantize....

My other big request for the sequencer, and this is probably less feasible, is movable taps so they don't have to be stuck at multiples of 4.

Return to “u-he”