TDR VOS SlickEQ - presets!

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TDR VOS SlickEQ TDR VOS SlickEQ GE

Turello wrote:@xtrax: not understand it, so You put 2 EQs?
Yes. First Nova67P with matched curves from API, and after that SlickEQ Free with this preset,
But this preset is only saturation - harmonics, no eq band is active.

Cheers

NM
Last edited by Tp3 on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

@xtrax: Can You let us know this matched curves? maybe with a preset? Thanks! :-)

Turello wrote:@xtrax: Can You let us know this matched curves? maybe with a preset? Thanks! :-)

Actually you don't need that. This is far more flexible from API. Just use your workflow how you do it normally, and you will have that sound anyway.

This is advantage.

Cheers

@xtrax,

Funny. I had a similar idea. :)
I tried using the same two plugs to get a P60G sound, before I found this thread. I was not successful. Are you able to achieve this sound using a combo of EQ's?

Okay while as I stated above I couldn't get the P60G, I tried the xtrax P50B combo compared to the plug. (Hi Shelf and mid band only)

The automatic low end boost is missing. Not bad kveral though. I would probably have to tweak the Q to get a closer response but it was a similar sound. Thanks!

Turello 70 Rock Re-Mastering
What I wanted to get (and I got the satisfaction!) was to recreate a Sony Oxford R3, Type 3 or 4 mode but with more warmth ...
With a traditional treatment by final mix I accentuated the low frequencies around 90 Hertz, home to bass and Kick, to give more fullness to the track and I also increased the brightness of the tracks, adding air, in that area of the spectrum around to 14,000 Hertz, the seat of many harmonic sounds, the most important of which is the voice.
Then, with a couple of decibels negative around 1000 Hz I have partially mitigated those mids typical sound in digital that can, in some cases, be annoying (The HPF it's on 40Hz to allow a better Bus Comp working after EQ)...
I did this preset to reborn\re-life some of my old recordings, I matched with ears with a Sony Oxford R3 (too cold for this work) but I have noticed that it also works on pop music, so I'm glad to share...

<TDRVOSSlickEQ lowBandGainParam="1.8" lowBandFreqParam="90" lowBandShapeParam="On" midBandGainParam="-2.0" midBandFreqParam="1000" highBandGainParam="1.5" highBandFreqParam="14000" highBandShapeParam="Off" eqModelParam="British" eqSatParam="On" hpFreqParam="40" outSatModelParam="Mellow" outSatDriveParam="6.0" outGainParam="0.0" bypassParam="Off" modeParam="Stereo" lowBandBypassParam="Off" midBandBypassParam="Off" highBandBypassParam="Off" autoGainParam="On" qualityParam="Full"/>

Sonalksis EQ

Free version SlickEQ:

<TDRVOSSlickEQ lowBandGainParam="0.0" lowBandFreqParam="101" lowBandShapeParam="Off" midBandGainParam="0.0" midBandFreqParam="360" highBandGainParam="0.0" highBandFreqParam="2500" highBandShapeParam="Off" eqModelParam="British" eqSatParam="Off" hpFreqParam="Off" outSatModelParam="Silky" outSatDriveParam="18.0" outGainParam="0.0" bypassParam="Off" modeParam="Stereo" lowBandBypassParam="Off" midBandBypassParam="Off" highBandBypassParam="Off" autoGainParam="Off" qualityParam="Full"/>

Here's my mastering preset and my edited switched values (same as on the hardware I use, Thermionic Culture Pullet and Dangerous Music Bax), with 0.5dB divisions to +/-6dB, for SlickEQ GE:

<TDRVOSSlickEQGE lowBandGainParam="0.0" lowBandFreqParam="74" lowBandShapeParam="Off" lowBandLagParam="Off" midBandGainParam="0.0" midBandFreqParam="2500" midBandShapeParam="Off" highBandGainParam="0.0" highBandFreqParam="15000" highBandShapeParam="Off" eqModelParam="German" eqSatParam="Off" lpBypassParam="On" lpFreqParam="28000" lpModeParam="Smooth" hpBypassParam="On" hpFreqParam="18" hpModeParam="Normal" tiltFreqParam="632" tiltValueParam="0.0" tiltBypassParam="On" tiltTypeParam="Normal" outSatModelParam="Linear" outSatDriveParam="0.0" outGainParam="0.0" bypassParam="Off" modeParam="Stereo" lowBandBypassParam="On" midBandBypassParam="On" highBandBypassParam="On" autoGainParam="Off" qualityParam="Full" displayScaleParam="Auto" showFreqMagnitudeParam="Off" hideBottomBarParam="Off" showFFTAnalyzerParam="Off"/>

<snap hpFreqParam="12,18,24,30,36,43,54" lpFreqParam="7.5k,9k,11.1k,12.6k,18k,28k,40k" lowBandFreqParam="74,84,98,116,131,166,230,361" midBandFreqParam="230,340,500,700,800,1k,1.2k,1.4k,1.6k,2k,2.5k,2.8k,3k,3.5k,4k,4.4k,5k,6k,6.3k,8k,8.5k" highBandFreqParam="1.6k,1.8k,2.1k,2.5k,3.4k,4.8k,6k,7.1k,10k,11k,12k,15k,18k"
lowBandGainParam="-6,-5.5,-5,-4.5,-4,-3.5,-3,-2.5,-2,-1.5,-1,-0.5,0,0.5,1,1.5,2,2.5,3,3.5,4,4.5,5,5.5,6" midBandGainParam="-6,-5.5,-5,-4.5,-4,-3.5,-3,-2.5,-2,-1.5,-1,-0.5,0,0.5,1,1.5,2,2.5,3,3.5,4,4.5,5,5.5,6" highBandGainParam="-6,-5.5,-5,-4.5,-4,-3.5,-3,-2.5,-2,-1.5,-1,-0.5,0,0.5,1,1.5,2,2.5,3,3.5,4,4.5,5,5.5,6"/>

Here's how to add your own stepped controls:

https://vladgsound.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... n-slickeq/

Are all these settings just presets? Or do they change the characteristics of the equalizer? Meaning after loading the preset are all the knobs are in their default positions, and the eq now behaves different?

I understand changing the switched values, like the poster above, has an actual effect on how the equalizer performs but all the other presets, how do they work?

zeep wrote:Are all these settings just presets? Or do they change the characteristics of the equalizer? Meaning after loading the preset are all the knobs are in their default positions, and the eq now behaves different?

I understand changing the switched values, like the poster above, has an actual effect on how the equalizer performs but all the other presets, how do they work?
The snap points can be changed! Unfortunately it doesn’t work per-preset basis but only as global setting.

From : https://vladgsound.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... n-slickeq/

Yeager wrote:
zeep wrote:Are all these settings just presets? Or do they change the characteristics of the equalizer? Meaning after loading the preset are all the knobs are in their default positions, and the eq now behaves different?

The snap points can be changed! Unfortunately it doesn’t work per-preset basis but only as global setting.

From : https://vladgsound.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... n-slickeq/
I know, but that's not what i asked :)

I asked, are all the presets posted in this thread simply presets or do they all 'change' how the equalizer performs?

Yes, they are simply presets, and yes, they change how the equaliser performs.

Do SlickEQ (Free) presets work as normal in Slick EQ GE?
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

Yes, they do.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”