Problem after switching Synthmaster Skin/Theme

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, so I was just messing around and checking out how the different skins/themes look on Synthmaster and came across one that I oddly can't change! As you can see from the attached image, it's a bit different than the usual layout and I can't for the life of me find where I can switch this skin/theme back to the original one. Can anyone tell me how I can switch out of this Synthmaster skin/theme? Sorry for bringing such a silly question here but I honestly can't figure this one out, lol!

Thanks so much in advance guys!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I had to remove the SM-800X skin folder from the Resources/Skins folder. That forces the default skin to load. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

this one caught me out as well

At the top where it says polyphony (under the preset box) click the arrows left twice until you hit 'global skin' and then choose 'preset'

Close the GUI and open it again and it should be back to normal.

Ahh that worked....I clicked like crazy everywhere and still couldn't find it.......... :lol:

(You can also keep clicking and choose Global Skin.)

By the way did I ever share this one ?

A bit radioactive on the eyes................ :-o :D
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

tehlord wrote:this one caught me out as well

At the top where it says polyphony (under the preset box) click the arrows left twice until you hit 'global skin' and then choose 'preset'

Perfect! Thank you so much for your help!

That one got me as well. Hope he gets it sorted out.

OneSeventeen wrote:
tehlord wrote:this one caught me out as well

Perfect! Thank you so much for your help!
Hi. Just bought Synthmaster today (upgraded from Player to Factory). The problem with me is that there is no "preset" voice to choose once stuck in the Player skin. So the only solution for me has been: (1) choose one of the alternative skins (apart the "player" ones, of course); (2) close the GUI and the DAW; (3) enter "KVR - Resources - Skins" and move the player skins folders outside. If you don't do that, next time it will remain there (even if you choose other skins); (4) open daw+Synthmaster again. Now it comes with the original skin again. (5) move back the player skins folders in (3) and remember to avoid choosing them in the future! :dog: :?

Yes, it's a issue I had mentioned months ago.. and without any reaction from KV331. And it remains...
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

BlackWinny wrote:Yes, it's a issue I had mentioned months ago.. and without any reaction from KV331. And it remains...
Oh really? It's one of the "frequently asked questions" so we put it under the FAQ:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&t=424084
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

It's caught a lot of people out.

Almost everyday I get at least one issue record for this question :)

and the answer is: Page 11 of user manual at:

http://www.synthmaster.com/synthmaster/ ... manual.pdf
Works at KV331 Audio

Also, if you delete the config file at:

<My Documents Folder>\SynthMaster\Config\SynthMasterConfig.txt

It'll revert back to default skin/settings.

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:Almost everyday I get at least one issue record for this question :)
Mistakes like this happen when there is nothing in the design to stop them happening; rather than offer a solution it would be better to prevent this from happening in the first place.

Well, it IS explained in the user manual and then in the F.A.Q. document.

That's how the Player interface is for now.
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “KV331 Audio”