Vox Continental V no key velocity?

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

just purchased Arturia Kyelab 61 and Vox Continental V but don't seem able to set key velocity even after amending Curve graphs, attack/release etc.. but key sensitivity works in Analog Lab using Clavi instruments but sadly no velocity in any preset within Vox Continental V. I really just want Light your Fire and Turn Out the Lights presets to have key velocity but everything I try doesn't work.

I have even tried FL studio with its Combo V Vox which says it supports key velocity but doesn't work for me but the Mr Ray Fender Rhodes Bass does have sensitive keys, so makes a quieter sound if I press the keys softly.

Can anyone confirm key velocity works on any Vox emulator please or am I wasting time trying to get it to work when it already works automatically with other instruments.

Thanks

:)
Last edited by OllyOrc on Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

just a guess but most organs are not velocity sensitive. Notes are either on or off and Volume is controlled by expression pedal.
바보

I see, it does appear that way and does makes sense - thanks. At least the Mr Ray Bass in FL Studio is key velocity sensitive, so can be used instead of the Vox Bass for now. I import Arturia Vox Continental V and/or ComboV with Mr Ray VST plugins, split the keyboard and create layers.

Being new to all this I am pleasantly surprised that for a few hundred pounds (Keylab61 & Software) it sounds cool and more reliable than my 1967 Vox and Hammond (and takes up far less space!)
FLStudio2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi OllyOrc,

Vox ContinentalV has no key velocity BUT we use velocity info to emulate the "staggered" key contacts of a real VOX.

Return to “Arturia”