"Quantize Lengths" Question

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings!

I've chosen and used Mulab as a favorite DAW for its modular and midi capabilities.

I'm used to applying the Quantize Length function every now and then.

I do the following: record a sequence with the recording grid set to 1/8th or 1/16th. That does it to give me the correctly quantized starting positions for notes. Then I switch to the Part Editor and apply "Quantized Lengths" to all of the notes, hoping that this way the lengths will get quantized according to the grid I set. It actually works. The problem is: MANY of these notes, when very short in duration, become TRIGGERED NOTES, which means they lack a note-off (I suppose).

The result is that I get a bunch of INFINITE-release notes in my VSTis. The notes will ring forever.

Isn't there a way of avoiding that the Quantize Length function make triggered notes when these notes are very short? I'd like all my Quantize Lengths commands to quantize the note lengths always towards the NEXT grid subdivision point and never to the LAST one. Is that all clear? :?
Shalom.

EDIT: Actually, what I wish is DISABLE Trigger notes.
Shalom.

I understand your point. Will be improved in the next version: Sequence function Quantize Length will avoid creating triggered notes.

Thanks for the reply! :)

I would suggest a workaround concerning this.
Wouldn't it be nice if there was an ON/OFF option to enable/disable triggered notes under the Preferences tab?

Anyhow, MuLab still rules the DAW realm!
Shalom.

Return to “MUTOOLS”