Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

BlackWinny wrote:May I also recall this feature request which greatly simplifies the way to browse among the 32 presets of a bank?

+1

+1

By the way, the GUI looks even better inside my DAW. Great job. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

+1 for next/previous arrows
... and, most of all, thank you for both the synth and the new exciting GUI ;)

Just out of interest, who ended up designing the new GUI ?
Top marks and a round of applause (and a beer or four) :clap:
:tu: All is good

sinkmusic wrote:+1 for next/previous arrows
... and, most of all, thank you for both the synth and the new exciting GUI ;)
+1 to both of those. :)

BlackWinny wrote:May I also recall this feature request which greatly simplifies the way to browse among the 32 presets of a bank?
Good suggestion.
This would be perfect.

BlackWinny wrote:
asb2m10 wrote:DEXED 0.8.0 is on it's way...

http://le-son666.com/software/dexed/dex ... sx-vst.zip
http://le-son666.com/software/dexed/dex ... b1-win.zip

Feedback is welcome !

Based on beta tests, 0.8.0 should be release next week. Then I will get my hands on the "advanced" cartridge manager.
It looks splendid.
:clap:

Just a thing... is it me or the labels are really blur?

And may I suggest this improvement for a far better visibility of the divisions between the parts?... always for the persons who like me have a visual impairment:

The different parts are visually far better isolated.
Can we get numerical readouts beneath each knob?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

This finally looks as good as it sounds.

Thanks for the kind comments :tu: ; the UI design goes to AZZZ (AZur Studio), he his the one who made the design. So :clap: AZZZ

Middle C and level is fixed. It was a silly bug.
fmr wrote: Just a small note. Based on he image, it seems that the envelopes endings are all hidden. Can we have a zoom controller to allow us to change the resolution of the envelopes display?
Yeah, I know, it seems like a small zone (96 pixels) to be able to cover the entire envelop definition. A zoom could be a good idea, but might be difficult to the user to understand what it does. I'll will keep this issue as a "suggestion todo" for the future unplanned versions.
DrewDale wrote: Is portmento still planned ? and also 4OP sysex file loading options ?
Not yet. I do have a portmento implementation, but I don't like the rendering; e.g. I'm going the wrong way. I rather not include it than include it with a poor implementation. All of those features are targeted on 0.9. (with the correct way).
Maomoondog wrote: Very nice new interface :hyper:
Any chance of a read out as to what Algorithm is selected ? and also to confirm other posts here, the level and middle C knobs are not working.
Yep, I thought the same thing... since the Algorithm is wasting a lot of space, maybe a top left corner "block" could be used to show the algo number. I will add this.
cocoazenith wrote: The logo should be updated. I can help with that if you want :)

Otherwise it looks nice.
hehehe, yeah, I'm not that excited with the logo. I've haven't had time to discuss this with AZZZ. I'll keep you posted once I got news from AZZZ.
BlackWinny wrote: And may I suggest this improvement for a far better visibility of the divisions between the parts?... always for the persons who like me have a visual impairment

May I also recall this feature request which greatly simplifies the way to browse among the 32 presets of a bank?
Some of the rendering is based on a image (right now). "Themeing" will be added in 0.8.1 so you will be able to change the colors and font at will. Right now, it's difficult to change a font for a single component (combobox); but it will be done in 0.8.1.

I was going to implement the arrows in the preset list but I got stuck with a rendering design with JUCE (combobox again). Postpone to 0.8.1.
subterfuge wrote: Level and Middle C knobs cannot be adjusted. Level seems to be stuck on full and Middle C seems to change according to how the patch was saved earlier. Same deal with both 32- and 64-bit versions.
I don't understand the Mono switch. It changes the state but I hear no difference in output?
Mono switch ? you mean you play a chord and it plays all the notes of the chords ?
xenophobic wrote: Can there be a little dot next to the bank selected from the cart list when looking for sounds i end up loading the same bank again cause i couldn't tell which one i had already loaded and i also cannot move the level knob or middle c knob.
I did not found an easy way to do this. :neutral: Version 0.8.1 will re-implement this popup menu; so we will have to wait.
toothnclaw wrote: There are clicks on many of the patches, too loud and especially audible on pads, or if there's a reverb after Dexed. What's causing these clicks? Is this normal DX7 behaviour? Are there any tricks to reduce or remove them altogether? The best solution would be an option "Remove f**king clicks NOW!" on the Settings page.

:!:
What patch? I don't have any clikcs on my end. Do you have the noise when you are doing the final rendering or only when you are playing live?
StudioDave wrote: The same error occurs with GlobalEditor.cpp. The fix is simple, just remove the ButtonState in the indicated lines. AFAICT it doesn't affect performance, but please advise if there's a better fix.
Yeah, thanks, I knew I havn't had the chance to compile it with gcc; will commit those changes until we get to the main branch.
electro wrote:Can we get numerical readouts beneath each knob?
Sorry, no, the UI would have to be redesign for this... Btw the mouse over is still there so you can know the knob value.

It's obvious that a huge amount of thought and work has gone (and is going) into this beauty.

Is version 1.0 going to be shareware?

I think it should be.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

asb2m10 wrote:
toothnclaw wrote: There are clicks on many of the patches, too loud and especially audible on pads, or if there's a reverb after Dexed. What's causing these clicks? Is this normal DX7 behaviour? Are there any tricks to reduce or remove them altogether? The best solution would be an option "Remove f**king clicks NOW!" on the Settings page.

:!:
What patch? I don't have any clikcs on my end. Do you have the noise when you are doing the final rendering or only when you are playing live?
I'm away from my audio PC for a few days and will be back on Friday, so then I will be able to test 0.8 for clicks. A few weeks ago, when I tested 0.7, there were clicks on many patches mainly from old cartridges I've found from the Web, or some of those posted by BlackWinny here. That's why I made a post and decided not to use Dexed until the issue is fixed. Can't tell names of patches now, of course, but there were quite a lot, including on pad sounds, realistic sounds, etc. and I thought: who would program a pad sound with a clicky start/end? So it must be the synth's fault. I mainly tested in Fruity Loops and Reaper, definitely noticed the clicks in FL, can't tell about Reaper (forgot). Maybe it's host specific, that's why above I quoted a post from another user who also has experienced problems with 0.7 in FL.

During the coming weekend I'll test this extensively with any host I can lay my hands on, and will report back to you.

Spitfire31 wrote:Is version 1.0 going to be shareware?

I think it should be.

/Joachim
What a bad idea! :?

Of course, it's entirely up to the developers to decide.
Last edited by toothnclaw on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

toothnclaw wrote:

I think it should be.

/Joachim
Bad for you, perhaps. :hihi:

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Oh man, now it looks like a synth! Couldn't really use the old one because I had no idea what I was looking at.

EDIT: just found a motivational picture.

Last edited by DJ Warmonger on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Spitfire31 wrote:
toothnclaw wrote:

I think it should be.

/Joachim
Bad for you, perhaps. :hihi:

/Joachim
Oh, look, the long hand of law enforcement wants to take our freeware FM synths from us! Send us to prison for allegedly using warez in the future! Quick! Run! They'll be here with flamethrowers!

No, Spitfire31, I just said what I think. Freeware should stay freeware. If it's going to become payware at some point, this should be clearly said from the start.

asb2m10 wrote: Middle C and level is fixed. It was a silly bug.
Is there a download link for the fixed version?
:tu: All is good

Return to “Instruments”