Is the CTHULHU arp worth $40?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BlueARP beats that chtulhu and it is for free now :tu:
http://www.graywolf2004.net/my-projects ... peggiator/

phreaque wrote:BlueARP beats that chtulhu and it is for free now :tu:
http://www.graywolf2004.net/my-projects ... peggiator/
beats how? It does some similar things but also doesnt have alot of the other functionality cthulhu has

Personally I prefer Nora (it's like a better version of Catanya) but Cthulhu is very good.

it is worth way more comparing to other plugins' performance!

Especially all the Xfer plugins are high quality, now the two new plugins even with the GUI design (LFO Tool ist nice to use but the design of the faders are not sooo good...)

There is so much rubbish out there, if you want to be save and invest your money right buy Xfer!
The synth "Serum" is my main synth, which I use very much!

Sometimes I feel like the arp section isn't super intuitive, but it's real powerful if you get the hang of it. My biggest beef with the chord section is that there's no way to reduce a set to just be chords with a certain number of notes (only remove chords that are UNDER a certain number), and no way to sort a set so that each key triggers a chord with that key as the tonic. But it can still be a neat inspirational tool.

Cthulhu looks very unique and capable for $40 But that name is such a big urn off. What is the copy protection?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Don't think there is any; I didn't even have to enter a serial number.

There's a limit to how many times you can download it, that's all.

i dont have it, but ive used it...yes its worth 40 bucks. yes its worth more than 40 bucks. yes its miles and miles better than the fl studio arp.

and i guess im going to have to be the the d'bag and say the word is pronounced "klool-hloo" not "ka-thoo-loo" (as it was said in the video with mr. duda)

from the man himself:

"The name of the hellish entity was invented by beings whose vocal organs were not like man's, hence it has no relation to the human speech equipment. The syllables were determined by a physiological equipment wholly unlike ours, hence could never be uttered perfectly by human throats ... The actual sound -- as nearly as any human organs could imitate it or human letters record it -- may be taken as something like Khlûl'-hloo, with the first syllable pronounced gutturally and very thickly. The u is about like that in full; and the first syllable is not unlike klul in sound, hence the h represents the guttural thickness."

-h.p. lovecraft

just sayin'
ImageImageImage

Why dat 't' in dere den doe?
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:Why dat 't' in dere den doe?
lol...i dont know. my guess is its there to try to force a glottal stop.

on topic- the plugin is awesome. buy it.

^(;,;)^
ImageImageImage

i dont have it, but ive used it...
ehhh????
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:
ehhh????
what? you really cant think of how thats possible?

i also dont have a virus ti...but ive used one of those too...and i dont have a maserati...but ive driven one.
ImageImageImage

valerian_777 wrote:
ehhh????
Now, dont freak out, but, there are... others, out there.
ImageImageImageImage

And then there's Bach. Johann Sebastian Bach. This is what Cthulhu does best: delivering Bach's divine chord progressions and allowing them to be arped (or arpized, or arpezoed, or arpeggiated).
It's an elevator to heaven.

Would be great if Cthulhu got some Serum GUI love to go with its musicality. :hug:

Oh it definitely is worth every cent.

Bought it a few weeks ago, and it is absolutely great for finding "new" chord progression. Especially when you are not a pro level and super experienced musician ;)

Played a little with it and instantly saved more than 10 song ideas, within an hour :D
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Return to “Effects”