Linnstrument + Polyphonic Slide

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I tap C and slide right to the B, I get a slide (glide?).
If I tap F and slide right to the E, I get a slide.
If I tap C&F and slide right to the B&E, one of the B or the E retriggers.
In general, I would prefer a double slide and not having a note retrigger.
Any suggestions on how to do this?

I assume you're experiencing this issue when MIDI Mode is set to One Channel, correct? You should have no trouble doing what you describe when MIDI Mode is set to Channel Per Note. The problem with doing what you what in One Channel mode is that such a change would conflict with another desirable gesture: holding one note while sliding another, intending for only the sliding note to change in pitch. For example, a classic pedal steel gesture is to hold C while bending the G below it up to A. When LinnStrument sees this gesture, it recognizes it as desirable and temporarily suspends continuous pitch slides (impossible on a per-note basis in One Channel mode because of MIDI's limitation) in order to change the moving note's pitch while holding the held note's pitch.
The problem is that it is difficult for LinnStrument to divine your intention, whether you are intending to slide 2 moving touches or holding one (which still moves a little) while sliding another. I'm afraid it isn't able to effectively tell the difference.
By the way, you're always welcome to email me directly with these issues. Either way is fine. :)

I just wanted to add to Roger's response that if you one One Channel mode, you get what you want when only sliding the top note downwards. This will perform a channel-based pitch bend that applies to all the notes in the channel, so in your case it will apply to both notes without any retrogressing. It's just a playing technique to be aware of.
Moog software - LinnStrument - RackBlox - CableCube - Knobotron - Eigenharp Alpha/Tau/Pico - SendMIDI / ReceiveMIDI - MIDI Tape Recorder - Geco MIDI Leap - Steelstring Guitar - Electric Guitar - Vocals - Dynamod Games - Kung-fu

Return to “Roger Linn Design”