Bitwig Studio 1.1 Beta 5

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A couple little things:

The diamond in the middle of the crossfader doesn't fit with the rest of the theme, it would look better as a dot.
The black space that shows up under subtracks when the crossfade view is activated should be filled in with grey just like the input/output space, but you probably just haven't got around to that yet I guess.

And a question devs, if you are reading. Do you want "non-vital" feedback like that sent to tech support same as bug reports, or is it better to just post it here?
Last edited by Ogopogo on Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

TristanMendoza wrote: Maybe its just OS X 10.10 because I had 1.14 installed already when I updated my mac and it worked fine, but with new installs of Bitwig I dont think its working properly, I tried using the 1.1 BETA and the audio engine would never load up, so I tried going back down to 1.15 and it has the same problem. Im considering going back to OS X 10.9 :( I really dont want to
Maybe what I'll say is redundant, but on windows uninstalling software doesn't always remove all files/folders.You have to delete them manually as if you install a new version it will use the same locations for its folders and if the software find the files already it might choose (depends on software) to leave them untouched instead of installing new files to replace them hence you still get the same issues even after re-installing newer versions or rolling back to older version. It's been a while since I worked on OS X but I think it has similar behavior.

c-wave wrote:
TristanMendoza wrote: Maybe its just OS X 10.10 because I had 1.14 installed already when I updated my mac and it worked fine, but with new installs of Bitwig I dont think its working properly, I tried using the 1.1 BETA and the audio engine would never load up, so I tried going back down to 1.15 and it has the same problem. Im considering going back to OS X 10.9 :( I really dont want to
Maybe what I'll say is redundant, but on windows uninstalling software doesn't always remove all files/folders.You have to delete them manually as if you install a new version it will use the same locations for its folders and if the software find the files already it might choose (depends on software) to leave them untouched instead of installing new files to replace them hence you still get the same issues even after re-installing newer versions or rolling back to older version. It's been a while since I worked on OS X but I think it has similar behavior.
Thanks for that, ill defiantly try it out
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

Spectrasonics (Omnisphere, Trilian) still don't display their parameter names :(

"NEW Tap-tempo (CTRL-click play to use it)."

Cool, missed this the first time through. The key command is command+space on mac? Because this is calling up spotlight search for me on yosemite. I think I'd prefer a one key shortcut to make it easy anyway, as sometimes you're holding your guitar or whatnot. Seems you guys have set it so that it doesn't update the tempo until the third time so doesn't seem like much risk of accidentally changing tempo anyway.

Yea nothing I do is helping at all. Bitwigs engine won't turn on
-Tristan

TristanMendoza wrote:Yea nothing I do is helping at all. Bitwigs engine won't turn on
I'm guess you have done this already and don't wish to sound patronizing, but have you set the audio correctly in the option menu.

Also have you tried re-booting your puter... it does solve many an issue. :)

hope i can save fx chain as plugins under fx chain are deactivated.
Last edited by nexttrack30 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:31 am, edited 4 times in total.

Is anyone else able to get a multi-out instance of Kontakt working with other MIDI tracks sending/receiving audio to it? I get an audio engine crash when trying to use the new Audio Receiver device (reported to Bitwig already):

http://youtu.be/vMZxK_Z6rfw

Sorry, ironically enough, my screen capture doesn't have audio, but it should still make sense.

shadiradio wrote:Is anyone else able to get a multi-out instance of Kontakt working with other MIDI tracks sending/receiving audio to it? I get an audio engine crash when trying to use the new Audio Receiver device (reported to Bitwig already):

http://youtu.be/vMZxK_Z6rfw

Sorry, ironically enough, my screen capture doesn't have audio, but it should still make sense.
i'm not sure what you are trying to do.

if you mean midi track to kontakt track.
this is how i did.

make midi track 1 -> go to midi track's output -> plugins -> select kontakt -> select midi channel such as 2
make midi track 2-> load kontakt, load ins -> select midi ch 2

back to midi track 1 and put note in clip. then sound comes out from midi track 2 (kontakt).

sorry repost

nexttrack30 wrote:make midi track 1 -> go to midi track's output -> plugins -> select kontakt -> select midi channel such as 2
make midi track 2-> load kontakt, load ins -> select midi ch 2
Hmm that works if you only need to work with 1 device in Kontakt, but that defeats the purpose of multi-out (and also creates 2 tracks when you only need 1 for that). I think my explanation was pretty poor though... here's an example of what I want to do:

Track 1: instance of Kontakt with severals samplers in the rack
- piano: input ch1, output 1/2
- strings: input ch2, output 3/4
Track 2: midi out to Track 1 > Kontakt > ch1, audio in from Track 1 > Kontakt > 1/2
Track 3: midi out to Track 1 > Kontakt > ch2, audio in from Track 1 > Kontakt > 3/4

Here's a picture of this in Live, which is a way of having 1 instance of Kontakt and several tracks using it (so you can mix just as if they were all separate instances). Only the first track (Piano) has Kontakt on it, and the other 2 tracks play "to" it and receive audio "from" it:

In a nutshell, I'm trying to have (1) instance of Kontakt with (n) devices in it and (n) tracks for those devices.

Nothing is working :dog: :evil: :help:
-Tristan

i think that's what i did.

make midi track 1 -> go to midi track's output -> plugins -> select kontakt -> select midi channel as 1
make midi track 2 -> go to midi track's output -> plugins -> select kontakt -> select midi channel as 2
make midi track 3 -> go to midi track's output -> plugins -> select kontakt -> select midi channel as 3

make midi track 4-> load kontakt,

load kontat instrument 1-> select midi ch 1 -> select output st.1
load kontat instrument 2-> select midi ch 2 -> select output st.2
load kontat instrument 3-> select midi ch 3 -> select output st.3

if arm midi track 1, sound comes from midi track 4's kontakt's st 1
if arm midi track 2, sound comes from midi track 4's kontakt's st 2
if arm midi track 3, sound comes from midi track 4's kontakt's st 3
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nexttrack30 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yes that's extremely close, with the last bit I want the audio from each of Kontakt's outputs coming into their respective midi tracks. So in your example I'd like Inst 1 to receive audio back from KONTAKT st1, Inst2 to receive audio back from KONTAKT st2, and so on - so that the audio is separated and not all coming through the KONTAKT track. I know I can expand the KONTAKT track and you can see/mix the outputs there, but that is still almost double the UI width than you would need if you could route the audio back into those separate MIDI tracks.

Return to “Bitwig”