Bitwig Studio 1.1 Beta 5

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think this might work very similarly to Live's way, but currently the Audio Receiver device is crashing the audio engine for me when trying to get audio from Kontakt into another track. I think once that is fixed, the routing should work.

aha you mean you don't want other audio track to have audio receiver right?
yeah it'd be better if i just need 1 midi track to send midi signal and receiving audio at same time.

audio engine crashes if i put audio receiver to midi track (which is sending midi signal to kontakt)
win7 64 bit
Last edited by nexttrack30 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

nexttrack30 wrote:aha you mean you don't want other audio track to have audio receiver right?
yeah it'd be better if i just need 1 midi track to send midi signal and receiving audio at same time.

yes audio engine crashes if i put audio receiver to midi track (which is sending midi signal to kontakt)
win7 64 bit
Pretty much! I like to keep it nice and clean.

Isn't this a bug?
I have an Instrument track1 with a synth and then an audio track2 which takes track1's output as its input.
When both tracks have recording enabled and I press midi controller keys, ONLY Instrument track's Volume shows that something is happening. Shouldn't audio track's Volume also show the incoming audio? It does show audio input in Volume if I use line input from audio interface as input.

Even though audio track's volume doesn't show anything during recording, it works normally if I then play the recorded audio of a clip.

[EDIT: this problem can be fixed by adding an Audio Receiver to the audio track and using it in audio routing. ]
Last edited by sl1914 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sl1914 wrote:Isn't this a bug?
I have an Instrument track1 with a synth and then an audio track2 which takes track1's output as its input.
When both tracks have recording enabled and I press midi controller keys, ONLY Instrument track's Volume shows that something is happening. Shouldn't audio track's Volume also show the incoming audio? It does show audio input in Volume if I use line input from audio interface as input.

Even though audio track's volume doesn't show anything during recording, it works normally if I then play the recorded audio of a clip.
Yes, I've noticed that strange behavior myself as well. I think the track audio routing and the Audio Receiver device have some bugs in this beta (maybe they actually work similarly under the hood).

[EDIT: test results removed]
Last edited by sl1914 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

when i load fx chain preset which have nebula, first note is always veeeery loud.

BW - I think the font in BWS is a little big generally, things are looking really cluttered now, some icons are also way too big IMO. I think you guys may want to consider changing the overall font in BW to a smaller skinnier version ?

Just my 2c

Thanks

Fjorko wrote:BW - I think the font in BWS is a little big generally, things are looking really cluttered now, some icons are also way too big IMO. I think you guys may want to consider changing the overall font in BW to a smaller skinnier version ?

Just my 2c

Thanks
I guess it depends on your monitor size and resolution. I generally run on a 15 in laptop with a 1920 x 1080 display and can say that the font size is already really small. As such, even smaller fonts would be completely unreadable, irrespective of aesthetics.

The audio/midi icons on the input and output section contribute to a cluttered feelings for me. They seem too big or they just don't seem to match up right with the text.

Ogopogo wrote:The audio/midi icons on the input and output section contribute to a cluttered feelings for me. They seem too big or they just don't seem to match up right with the text.

Agree - this is a largely what i meant.... everything seems to be squeezed up to make them all fit in a restricted space.

Ogopogo wrote:The audio/midi icons on the input and output section contribute to a cluttered feelings for me. They seem too big or they just don't seem to match up right with the text.
I have to agree with you there. I would be happy with just text in the I/O section. Though the icons do look a little better and useful in the actual drop down selection.

goatgirl wrote: I guess it depends on your monitor size and resolution. I generally run on a 15 in laptop with a 1920 x 1080 display and can say that the font size is already really small. As such, even smaller fonts would be completely unreadable, irrespective of aesthetics.
Hi, if you are on windows I recommend that you go to control panel (right click anywhere on desktop and choose the my screen option), and increase the font by 25%..that will give you bgger fonts without having to change into a lower screen resolution.

c-wave wrote: Hi, if you are on windows I recommend that you go to control panel (right click anywhere on desktop and choose the my screen option), and increase the font by 25%..that will give you bgger fonts without having to change into a lower screen resolution.

Thanks for the tip. I have tried it, but it doesn't make any discernible difference, even at the highest factor unfortunately. I'm quite ok with the current size, I just don't think I could cope with all the squinting should the font shrink further. 8)

Fyi moving notes with the keyboard now auditions them. Didn't notice that in the list.

Return to “Bitwig”