egoist : relocate the sample file ?

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!
i'm having a problem that should be simple to resolve but it isn't.
I sketched a song with ableton live on my laptop, and i want to produce it now on my desktop computer using Cubase.
Here's the thing : i saved Egoist presets in ableton, i can recall them in Cubase, but the sample file i used won't load. I guess it's because the path changed.
When i load it manually, all my slices resets. Is there a way to relocate or replace the sample file so the slices are recalled properly ?

I even opened the egoist preset file, identified the path the preset used for the sample, and recreated it on my computer, doesn't work either.

Any ideas ?

Hello,

currently the only way is to place your sample file in one of the factory folders. These folders will be scanned...
With the next update custom folders will be scanned too.

best
Vincent

It would be great if the sample was saved with the preset, or at least have the option to do so so that it saves with the project of whatever DAW you use.

Typically I'll copy a few seconds of a vinyl record or something and place it into C:\temp, then I'll load it into Egoist to see if I can come up with something. If I do, and start building a project I really don't want the project to continue to link to the sample in c:\temp, it should just be saved with my DAW project so that I don't have to worry about it.

Hello,

it is not possible to save the whole audio file with the project. There is a size limit for Plugin-"chunks"/presets depending of the used DAW between 1-10MB. Sorry.
BTW: The update will be released this week...

best,
Vincent

Sugar Bytes wrote:Hello,

it is not possible to save the whole audio file with the project. There is a size limit for Plugin-"chunks"/presets depending of the used DAW between 1-10MB. Sorry.
BTW: The update will be released this week...

best,
Vincent
Looking forward to the update, egoist is a great tool to play around with samples and stumble upon unique loops and short inspiring, musical segments that you would never come up with otherwise.

For the sample saving, one idea might be to do like shortcircuit where you can "save preset" or "save preset + samples" - in both cases you get a file dialog to save the preset file wherever you want on your system, but in the "save preset + samples" case the samples are saved in a samples folder in the directory you saved the preset in. This way at least you can manually save the Egoist samples into your DAW project directory.
I don't know if there is a better way to do this, but seems like a bit of a flaw in the VST standard for VST's that rely on samples.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”