CPU spikes cause audible VSTI glitches 5.3.16

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm experiencing audible glitches and seeing the Tracktion CPU meter frequently hitting 100% after installing 5.3.16 (32 bit version)

I noticed this when simply auditioning single patches. One VSTi being played in real time, no other tracks contain ANY other filters.

While auditioning sounds, the CPU Meter is not showing high taxation, 7-20%, but will randomly jump to 100% and all audio gets distorted.

It occurred frequently with SQ8L, DCAM Synth Squad (Fusor plug),

Less frequent with AAS Chromaphone, Alchemy Free Player,

My computer is more than capable( i7 3820, 8gb ram Windows 7 64 bit, no wifi devices enabled)

I will try installing 64bit version of T5 and see if this helps.

Any thoughts?

Well, it appears that the 64 bit version greatly decreased the issue, but it still occurs.

Also, recorded midi timing is HORRIBLE! As in, playing 4 quarter notes to the metronome records a completely random, glitched out series of midi notes!?!

I'm running audio through a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, newest ASIO drivers,

Puzzled. I'll rollback to 5.3.15 and see if there is a change.

UPDATE: 5.3.15 = Almost no audio issue. Midi timing was fixed when I deselected "Use MIDI driver for MIDI timing" in Settings>MIDI Devices

Also, I noticed that CPU usage is MUCH lower in 5.3.15

I have noticed sometimes that Tracktion doesn't close down cleanly. I have to kill the process in task manger.
I have found that a reboot can cure some glitches and cpu spikes. Maybe this is related.

5.3.16 looks afairly minor update, so I'd be surprised to see a major difference in performance.

Well it appears that so far DCAM Synth Squad (at least Fusor) and Reaktor cause intermittent CPU spikes and audio glitches. What a shame.

UPDATE: Always do a restart LOL! It appears that it is working perfectly now after a restart!

Thanks for your input Ben!

:?: :?: :?:

When was 5.3.16 released? Didn't see it published anywhere. (no post and no email notification) . :?

What are the changes?

- Fix for colour selector listbox problem
- Fixed a crash when previewing clips
- Fix for Audio Unit automation

after a short 30 mn trial, run smoothly and no glitches on OSX maverick 32 bits.

Return to “Tracktion”