Bitwig Studio 1.1 Beta 5

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ogopogo wrote:The audio/midi icons on the input and output section contribute to a cluttered feelings for me. They seem too big or they just don't seem to match up right with the text.
I told it! :)

But now i feel its ok now when i've tried beta myself.

double post
Last edited by ISP on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Just got an email from Bitwig saying basically this is still a closed beta. Guess I jumped the gun by posting this here :dog: I didn't think I'd be part of any advanced group. Sorry. Required log in probably should have tipped me off.

New overlay for disabled plugins is drawback imho :(

Am i alone here?

I can't turn on the Audio engine :(
And the plugin/sample indexing is sssslllllooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
Anyone else have this problem?

Ogopogo wrote:Fyi moving notes with the keyboard now auditions them. Didn't notice that in the list.
oh my god! this is GREAT!!
i didn't see that in improvement note?
anyway thank you bitwig team! :clap:

Still does not run in Windows 8.1.

:x

^I used Bitwig on 8.1 for a long time.

Collings wrote:Still does not run in Windows 8.1.

works fine for me :)

win8.1-64bit, Core i5 4670,
VST Mappings for Bitwig
--Bitwig 5/ Live10 Suite/ Maschine/ HP X360 8Core--

First: you are welcome to discuss the Beta here. :party:
It's only "closed" in the sense that it's limited to current license holders.

Same "rules" as always: Discuss here on KVR if you are unsure if you are doing things properly or how others perceive the changes or to verify weirdness, but bug and crash reports should go to tech-support for solving: http://www.bitwig.com/en/support/tech-support.html

Try to focus on the new features/problems in 1.1 for now and getting them rock solid instead of starting the next round of FRs already. ;-)

Each version has it's own preferences since 1.0.14 IIRC. So you shouldn't get interference from running both release and beta side by side, but since the caches are different, VSTs and files may be rescanned each time you switch between beta and release version, so don't be surprised if it takes longer in that case to scan/index! This is to make sure you don't get funky results by inconsistent caches.

1.1 files ARE NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE. So make sure you save to a separate 1.1 copy if you want to be able to go back to the release version!

Give 1.1 a good workout and report as clearly as possible if you find weirdness.
Provide as much info to support as possible to make reproducing possible.

Thank you very much for your patience and I hope you enjoy 1.1! :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

strovoknights wrote:

I is too 8.1 64 bit user.

Sad ...

Ogopogo wrote:The audio/midi icons on the input and output section contribute to a cluttered feelings for me. They seem too big or they just don't seem to match up right with the text.
I like them personally and you can disable the I/O view to unclutter it. Although I wouldn't mind an option in preferences to turn them on off(the icons).

Collings wrote:Still does not run in Windows 8.1. :x
Bitwig Studio runs just fine for ages on Windows 8.1 x64.
If it doesn't run for you, please get in contact with tech-support to find out what's different with your machine from everybody else. Does it not run at all or what happens exactly?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

Collings wrote:
strovoknights wrote:

Sad ...
have u tried to copy the java runtime folder from the stable version to the installation dir of the beta (the jre one) ?
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote:
Collings wrote:
strovoknights wrote:

Sad ...
have u tried to copy the java runtime folder from the stable version to the installation dir of the beta (the jre one) ?
What is that supposed to accomplish?

Return to “Bitwig”