MPowerSynth has been updated to 8.05b3 and just a few days left to get it for free! ;)

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MeldaProduction wrote:Random steps: Well, I'll check :). But in that case Smoothing will be redefined ;). So don't use it :D. Or something... not sure how to do it now :D.
Hey, I withdraw my step smoothing request. The "clicky" sound was not at all due to the hard steps but due to suboptimal filter settings. I was able to fix it fiddling with the filter.

Also I made a test where I used the step sequencer with 32 random steps to hear how the smoothness would actually sound, and I learned that superfast fades sound totally different, and not as desired, hard steps actually sound best.

:-)

Vojtech, can you help me on this one:

The regular env editor works with db levels (for hold, sustain). The tremolo level and also the custom shape editor work with percent scale. Can I calculate how many percent are equivalent to certain db values? I would like to be able to understand between what values a tremolo actually vibrates. I assume center of the tremolo is the sustain level and it vibrates up and down around it? There is no info in the help, I checked :D

Also, often I have a regular env shape and then I want to do custom modifications, so I change into custom shape mode, but then it's difficult to recreate the parts of the envelope that I want to keep because the scale is different.

So a formula how to translate percent to db would be helpful.

Thanks. :-)

Ok, so the random stuff is ok, right? Anyway, you can actually "smoothen it" if you'd want - attach the modulator to a multiparameter and then the multiparameter's "speed" will do the trick ;).

Tremolo & custom shape ADSR - the values there are linear, no additional processing, so 50% means -6dB, 10% is -20dB. The formula is :D :

dBlevel = 20 * log10(percents / 100)

(i hope :D )

In case of the tremolo, the value is actually how much it can go up/down, so it really depends on the current value. E.g. if sustain is 100% (0dB) and tremolo is 50%, then it is going from 50% to 150%, hence about -6dB to +4dB or something.

But I would recommend following your ears instead of numbers. Numbers suck, trust me, I work with them many years :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Yes LFO random stuff is all cool :-)

Thanks for the explanation on the levels! :-)

:tu:

I am getting "Sorry your system is out of GPU resources. The software will switch to CPU emulated mode." then it crashes my DAW. Today I had to hard boot after this message. I don't have a separate graphics card, using the onboard Intel thing. Is there any option anywhere that will save me from getting this in future.

I haven't been following every thread so sorry if this has already been answered. I don't see Velocity as a parameter in the list. If I want to modulate a sound by velocity how should I approach it?
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Does anyone know of an efficient way to externally save info from these threads? There is so much good information floating around, like the tremolo details above, that I'd really like to have it on hand without having to be logged in.... and without copy and pasting post by post text if possible. 8)
SteveC

GPU: In that case update the GPU drivers, but eventually you'll probably have to disable GPU acceleration, what a shame. Anyway click Settings/Enable GPU acceleration.

Save info from threads: Well, no idea :D. It would be better to keep everything in specific thread but...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

BTW, is the last day for the intro price the 21st? I've made some nice patches, but I just don't see having the time to make 25 good patches for that deadline... :shrug:

Well, yes, the last day is 20th I'm afraid. There needs to be a deadline you know :D. After all, I'll have to go through thousands of presets...
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:Tremolo init phase - no I'm afraid, it needs to start from 0, because otherwise there could be an abrupt change in the beginning if you wouldn't use "fade-in". Of course, a lot can be done with this - random rate difference and stuff, but I'm not sure if that would be that awesome..
Is there any way we can have an optional random phase that's only available when we use the fade in on the tremolo then, somehow tied to the fade in and perhaps greyed out or something when there's no fade in? Hoping... :wink:

And BTW, this thing is beautiful man. :love: I tried to resist but... :borg:

Raaaaaahhhhhhh the preset making action is over tomorrow?!?!?!

But I need the next update to correctly configure the max polyphony (you accepted to change the list of 1-16 into 2,4,8,16,32,48,64,96,128 or something like that, right?).

What do I do?

V-GER: Thank you! :love: And ok, random phase switch added to to-do list, we'll see, not promising anything.

Max polyphony: Not sure yet, we can probably extend the range...

End of preset making action: Yep, it's today!
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”