Which EQ do you actually use?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:logic pro's eq
Generally does the trick :)

Lately i've been not using an EQ quite as much. However i do pretty much rely on Ableton lives EQ8 whenever i get frequency clash problems in my mixes.

I've got a few others I use when I can't get the curves or filters i want with EQ8.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

GlissEq most of the time.
I tried a few others and think about getting ProQ2 when money permits.
The interface and a few nice extra features are giving me the GAS. ;-)

EQ8 in Ableton Live. Never use anything else. Does the trick.

DDMF iieqpro
Reaplugins eq ..
Just on tracks small adjustments ..

Katzenjammer wrote:EQ8 in Ableton Live. Never use anything else. Does the trick.
Cytomic redid EQ Eight for Live 9 adding some analogness to it.

i don't have a particular EQ that i use more often than others. mostly, whatever EQ that comes with the channel strip i decide to use (IK British, Softube Summit channel, Hornet Strip, DDMF strip), if not those then EQ's from T-Racks, Pulse-Teq, EVE AT-1, SonEQ Pro or Sweetone. i don't tend to cork-sniff EQ curves and i don't do much EQ'ing anyway (it's usually filtering and shelving), so mostly it's "whatever i feel like using at this moment". neither one of those i have ever disappoint.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

arkmabat wrote:I'm fond of Spline EQ and Fruity Parametric EQ 2 myself.
ReaEQ.
Only EQ I ever use, it does all I need from an EQ.

NI Solid EQ as my main first EQ, Other NI EQs for character, IIEQ pro for surgical
Duh

ReaEQ for surgical corrections. BaxterEQ, Pushtec and SonEQ for sound sculpting and character. SlickEQ whenever something else won't work.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

ToneBoosters. It was my replacement for Fruity EQ2 when I started using Maschine.

FabFilter Pro-Q (will upgrade to V2 soon)
Melda MAutoDynamicEq
Brainworx bx_digital V2
Ableton EQ8

Tonebooster's TB FIX

I like being able to add a dynamic band here and there, often saves me from also adding a compressor to a channel

arkmabat wrote:I'm fond of Spline EQ and Fruity Parametric EQ 2 myself.
I quite like SplineEQ as well OP :D.
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral

SlickEQ is a favourite, as well as BaxterEQ, ReaEQ and BootEQ.
Riptide x Sons of Liberty

Return to “Effects”