Analog Lab 1.1. Anybody else got this error?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi:
Arturia Analoglab 1.1 is not working in Bitwig 1.0.15 / Win 8.1 Pro ( I did not try it before 1.0.15). I tried with or without Bitwg Studio in Admin mode; Got the same result:

Error message below:
C:\Program Files\VstPlugins\Arturia\Analog Lab\Analog Lab.dll

com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Could not read VST plug-in metadata
64 bit plugin host reported errors: Pluginhost returned non zero exit code -1

32 bit plugin host reported errors: Pluginhost returned non zero exit code -1
-------------------
Reporting to tech support.. Anybody else got this error?

Works just fine here. Also Win 8.1 Pro.
Did you try to rescan the plugin in Preferences -> Plug-in Management -> Show errors found with plugins?
Sometimes a plugin is marked broken when you drag it into the project before plugin-scanning is finished.
No admin mode needed.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:Works just fine here. Also Win 8.1 Pro.
Did you try to rescan the plugin in Preferences -> Plug-in Management -> Show errors found with plugins?
Sometimes a plugin is marked broken when you drag it into the project before plugin-scanning is finished.
No admin mode needed.

Cheers,

Tom
That message above is from "Plug-in Management -> Show errors found with plugins?" area.. rescanned, reinstalled, restarted.. nothing works.

Are you running the latest version from the Arturia website?
Does the plugin work if you run it standalone and in other hosts?
Did you authorize it already?
Disable your virus scanner and try again?

In all the time I wrote the script for the KeyLab I didn't have a single problem with Analog Lab.

Sorry, can't reproduce and have no help to offer. :shrug:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

Thanks Tom..
I sent you a private message, partly because a big chunk of it was also sent to tech support.
My guts tells me its not Bitwig but Arturia support are confirming their reputation already ;)
so I have only you guys.

Edit: Arturia just contacted me.. but nothing yet!

I have a similar issue. Bitwig does not see it and the same error.
I noticed that my DLL files in the VST and VST64 folders are 0 bytes. So it's an Arturia installer problem. Maybe indeed I should disable virusscanner etc when installing the Analog Lab. (running with administrative rights did not solve it)

Can you guys download the latest version from the Arturia Website please:
http://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

Does that solve the problem?

Cheers,

Tom

ThomasHelzle wrote:Can you guys download the latest version from the Arturia Website please:
http://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

Does that solve the problem?

Cheers,

Tom

YES! It's working now!

:tu:

Analog Lab is showing (finally) on Beta 5 after that cache delete.. thanks Tom.
Edit: I must add that, before that, I also re-installed Analog Lab with my antivirus off. In case somebody else faces the same issue.

I'm having this problem on yosemite mac mini i7 with current analog lab--any help? tried deleting/reinstall AL and BWS 1.1.6 it's driving me nuts. Works fine on my macbook pro. Am I missing something on how to do clean un/reinstall bws?

Return to “Bitwig”