MDrummer 5.02 update

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks, great stuff. :D

Thx here too!
Cosmetic,workflow improved generator etc... :harp: :band2:

Yes, thank you! Of course I have to go to work all day before I can try everything...

Great update !

Man you are fast...between this and msynth you must be an octopus !

Thank you :love:

And I'm not an octopus, I'm a zombie, because these days I just don't sleep much :D... damn I'm tired... :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

This has really become the only drum app I use......ever! No matter what anyone tries to tell me, I still think the drum sounds are the closest thing I've heard to sitting in front of a kit listening to a guy play. I love it more every time I use it, which is daily! The new update incorporates all the changes and suggestions that I asked for, and that speaks volumes to me.

Vojtech, thank you for listening to your users. We all want to make this better and better, and the way you carefully consider our suggestions is the kind of thing that will make us loyal followers!

I don't know how many people have purchased MDrummer, as there are really just a few of us who participate in the forum, but I hope it's selling well for you. I have a friend I'm trying to get converted to MD, but as much as I like the guy, I just think we're getting way over his head!

Thanks again for your hard work, now go to sleep!

Hehe thank you edkilp! :love:

And you know, forum is not for everyone! ;) But of course, MDrummer is also not for everyone, it's not a toy, other drum machines are for those seeking a toy :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I agree. It's very deep and if you don't invest the time, you won't reap the rewards.

Yes, I think it's ok too ;D
Mdrummer is my goto drum machine and I am finding cubase beat designer (midi insert) works very well for me with Mdrummer as my loop editor. I did try the loop editor on Mdrummer after the update but found these were an issue,
1 double click to select drum track, why not a single click?
2 selecting drum track doesn't change the drum in the drumset editor. (you have done this for the mixer)
3 I just can't understand why you won't put a mute solo in, it's the only drum program i know that does not offer this (maybe because of number 4)
4 You can only solo one instrument at a time, should you not be able to solo more? (mixer)
5 could the quantization and note section fold away leaving a quantize on/off button, creating more space (maybe then there is enough room for a mute/solo)
6 Could you give more rules to the pencil tool
a) when clicking on a note that is already written, it selects the note rather than rewrites it.
b)when writing in a note or selecting a note already written and holding down the mouse button it controls the velocity or the parameter that is selected.
7 Those dimonds I'm not a fan, would it be possible to offer a option that you could change them to set blocks like in cubase beat designer.

I know your very busy but I use Mdrummer so much I said I'd leave a few of my thoughts on it.
Anyways good luck with the new synth and hope it goes well for you, I had a good go of it but sorry just not my cup of tea.
D

For the beat editor i am agree with you Dark-i it's not very easy to opérate confortably but Mdrummer is flexible so edit you're beat on you're daw or any beat designer you like and you can import them in Mdrummer as midi file.
The new Tracktion 5 beat editor is delicious to use ^^

Ok, so :

1. Because you may not want it!! It selects all notes, what if I have a different selection???!!!
2. I'm lost - what mixer?? There is no selection there.
3. What kind of mute/solo??? It's in mixer! Man, please be more specific... If you mean loop editor - it's to avoid cluttering the GUI. Instead there is ctrl/alt+click or popup menu.
4. Unmute ;) Multiple solo is crazy, some hosts has it and to unsolo something then it is a nightmare...
5. I don't understand???
6. But that's what the bottom bar is for :o
7. No sorry, it needs to be shaped like this to make the position obvious. Unlike many editors, this one allows accurate timing, not just straight notes of predefined sync.

You know, most stuff is just very "specific & personal", what one likes other dyslikes...
Vojtech

I don't think is specific & personal, it's about workflow, the less I need to do to get the job done the better.

1 Its one more click than it needs to be. if I'm clicking this drum track its because its the track I want to work on. Don't know what you mean by different selection.

2 If I have hihat selected in the drumset editor and go to the mixer and click on the snare drum it changes to the snare drum in the drumset editor,
If I have hihat selected in the drumset editor and go to the loop editor and select snare drum it will stay on hihat in the drumset editor.

3 I find it hard to take that a function of mute/solo is cluttering, should this not be a basic fuction of anything with mutiple tracks. Right clicking and selecting mute/solo is 2 more clicks then its needs to be and I dont want to have the mixer open all the time, as most of its functions are in the drumset editor.

4 Really unmute, all the years and all I had to do was unmute :evil: :dog: I see your point but when I use these programs that have multiple solo and come accross one that doesn't, the stupid comes out in me and thinks it has no multiple solo, when it does just done a different way.

5 could the quantization and note section fold away leaving a quantize on/off button, creating more space
Loopeditor.jpg
6 yes but again is more clicks than it needs to be

7 This is not a visual thing as when I'm offsetting notes I am listening to how it sonds in context to the other sounds not looking at where it's placed in the loop editor. The majority of notes will be of a predefined sync with a few offset. I was asking could you offer a option to have one or the other or be able to switch between the two.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am agree with dark-i too even i don't use intensively Mdrummer on editing because all is already done now i just push random and play.

I think the workflow 'll be improved with some buttons (like the news shortcuts you 'have maid in song editor i love them beetween).

The workflow can be pushed more it's not so personnal, i think Mdrummer have really good options/feature and is not bad in the workflow but it can be better than this on this side.
I don't use it live but for thos who would be used it on live situation it can be a pain for us.

Exemple this software is the best that i have seen for drum beat editing on the workflow.
http://www.acoustica.com/beatcraft/
It's not a big pro like guru or any other but it's by far the best when making beat.
It's just not vst :(

Leave my quantization window right where it is! I use it all the time and definitely don't want it folded away. Not even optionally!

Are you (dark-i) using MDrummer as standalone? Because if you're using it in a DAW for anything close to serious music creation, you'll have your drum kit pieces on their own tracks and you can mute/solo/unmute to your heart's content.

Yes mdrummer in cubase, drum pieces would have there own tracks.
Mute/solo in cubase is great for mixing and production but when it comes writing loops and beats I just want to use Mdrummer and mostly the drumset editor and loop editor. With these two open on two screens I should have everything i need to write drum loops and one big thing missing is mute/solo.

So I use Beat designer with the drumset editor instead of the loop editor because its workflow is so much better, I would rather use loop editor as it has more fuctionality but its workflow is terrible.
Its the same loop editor for over 5 years maybe its time for some TLC
I can't recomend beat designer enough as an example for quick and easy workflow in a loop editor, might be worth having a look at it for some idea's

Return to “MeldaProduction”