Sundog Scale Studio 1.3.0 out now: Standalone MIDI tool for chord progressions and melodies

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sundog Song Studio

Now you too have to deal with annoying customer support questions:

ANY NEWS ON 1.4.0???? :party: :party:
Everything's spinning.

I'm in my secret laboratory already ;)
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

This should be nominated for KVR's Essential Product of The Year...

Great work Sir..
Let's see what you have up your sleeve for future updates...
Thanks again..

Rajah,

thanks a bunch :)! :party:
I'll do my very best to make Sundog even better with each new release. Many people told me about their ideas, and I'm sure that we will see some nice new additions in the future ;).
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

This little program is really helpful and Hauke seems to be a great guy too!

FR : Do you think it would be possible to drag-n-drop a simple melody from the DAW into Scale Studio and when going into chord mode to see matching chords?

xx JPRacer xx wrote:[...] and Hauke seems to be a great guy too!
My grandma would approve ;)
(hehe, thanks)

Regarding the melody-to-chords detection: Analysis tools like that are in the planning stage. I think a first step might be a scale detection / recommendation. Building on top of that a chord detection algorithm might follow :)

Everything's spinning.

Great tool! Played with the demo and just bought it. :-)
Instrumental synthwave/synthpop with classical elements: https://www.feiyr.com/x/CaMResonance2022

Hey everybody,

I just released Sundog Scale Studio 1.4.0 :)

New in version 1.4.0:
  • Work as MIDI Clock slave.
  • Sequencer: Up to 24 notes up or down instead of 9.
  • Octave +1, +2, -1, -2 (right click: go down).
  • MIDI Panic button: Press "P".
  • Tighter MIDI clock for MIDI master mode.
  • Accessibility-Fix (create file core/accessibility.txt).
  • Mute instruments in instrument selector panel without changing the current instrument (click on the playback indicator dot to mute an instrument).
  • Chords View: Show "chord column number" in chord progression bar.
  • Chords View: Underline inversions and other chords that share exactly the same notes as the current chord.
  • Copy and Paste: Input sequences, chords, chord progressions, melodic patterns.
  • Edit menu with actions like "Set all patterns to triplets".
  • Clear chord in Chords View with keypress: Delete (Windows) or backspace (Mac OS X).
  • Triplet support.
I also prepared a new quickstart tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xsd7bHGkzo

Get the new version today (simply install it over the old version):
http://feelyoursound.com/sundog/

The update is free as usual for all customers :) .

Greetings,
Hauke

Great update!

I particularly like the MIDI Clock slave. :D
But all the added features are great!

Thank you Hauke :tu:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Glad you like it :D!

Jep, MIDI clock slave was on the wish list for quite a few people. But I had to rewrite the complete timing system for that - which was OK, because it opens up new possibilities for the next versions ;)

Cheers,
Hauke

Thank you, that's a nice update! Nice new intro video too. :)

Nice, thanks for making it easy to find inversions. Should update the topic title.
Everything's spinning.

Hey Hauke,

I bought Sundog last night after a few days with the demo. What a great program! I couldn't believe the number of scales available after I unlocked. Will really be great for finding new ideas with scales and chords I don't know. The whole workflow with Ableton is excellent too. I like it that it's not a plugin as it saves using up one of my midi tracks :-)

Now I'm a paying customer I feel it my duty to put in a couple of user requests ;-)

Firstly, unless I've missed it, there are no clock division options in the sequencer/arpeggiator. Would be great to be able to change tracks to play at half or double speed (or other divisions) to the main tempo.

I love using the velocity sliders per step. Would be great if we could have sliders for per step gate too, either under the velocity or accessible via a switch to change views. A global gate per channel would be nice too ;-)

Other sequencer enhancements I'd like to see is a Swing function as well as (more) sliders for shifting individual notes slightly to the left or right (micro timing). Maybe rotate between velocity, gate and shift views to avoid clutter. Infact, note length sliders would be good too ;-)

The only other thing that struck me last night was that the MIDI out for other tracks stops when you go into the chord track to experiment with different progressions. Would be nice if there was an option to let all tracks continue to play while in chord mode, so you can set up 16 tracks and hear the impact of the chord changes on everything.

Oh, and I see Sundog at moment as being a pattern/scene generator. Would be good to be able to create 16 different patterns/scenes (like sections of a larger song). This way we can drag complete scenes into Ableton. I know we could effectively do this already by saving different scenes as Sundog songs, but it'd be really nice to have everything together in one project. Maybe Sundog could even have a song page that let's you choose which patterns play in which order and for how many measures.

Hope you don't mind the suggestions! Keep up the good work :-)

Alex

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”